INTERVIEW WITH HALLE KEARNS ABOUT HER DEBUT SINGLE, PICK ME UP OUT TODAY

Today (Friday 31st July) will see US Country-Pop singer-songwriter, Halle Kearns release her debut single, Pick Me Up.

You can read my review of Pick Me Up here.

Morning, Halle. Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me.
How are you feeling about the release of  your debut single, Pick Me Up today?
Hi, Kellie! Thanks so much for the chance to talk to you again. I can’t even put into words how excited I am for the release and to finally have music out! I have been pursuing music full time for 5 years now, so this has been a ling time in the making.
I am SUPER excited for you to finally be releasing your music to the Country Music world.

Halle, could I please ask you tell us a little more about your debut single, Pick Me Up?
Pick Me Up is a fun summer anthem all about getting a little boost and brightening your energy. It’s a country song with some pop-leaning elements, and I think it perfectly encapsulates who I am as an artist!

Was there a certain situation which inspired the writing of Pick Me Up?
I think during this season, we could all use a pick-me-up. Whether that’s spending time with a loved one, or a little liquid boost haha. So the song was written with that in mind. My co-writer and I had the hopes that this song could work as a little 3-minute escape for each listener!

Which leads on very nicely will my next questions for you, I am very intrigued to know but how look did it take you to write Pick Me Up?
If I’m remembering correctly, I believe it took us about 2 hours. Honestly, we had so much fun crafting the lyrics/melody though that it only felt like a few minutes!
Quick written songs that are special are magical, and I am glad it's one you had fun crafting together as it sounds such a fun song.

Halle, did you always plan to release Pick Me Up as your debut single from the very first moment you wrote the song?
I had a pretty good feeling as soon as we finished that this is a song I want to put it out! It is just too fun. After playing it at a few live shows and seeing how it resonated with my audiences, I knew it was time to move forward with it!
I have to admit that this is one song, I am very happy for people to hear and knowing that you feel so passionately right from the moment you finished it makes it even more special. I am rather excited for the day you come to the UK so I get to hear Pick Me Up.

I have to admit as I was listening to the song, I got so emotional because it's heard to believe that this is only your debut single!
This is the sweetest thing to hear! I understand the emotions for sure. As ridiculous as it sounds, I cried the first time I searched my name on iTunes and having my song popped up! It’s just been such a long time coming!
That doesn't sound ridiculous at all if anything that is one hell of a special moment for you to treasure forever.

Then, I have to ask you how was the recording for Pick Me Up?
I think you can hear in the song how much fun I had making it! My producer, Stephan Sharp is just the best guy and really brought this production to life. We had such a great time playing with different sounds/vibes until it landed where it is now!

How would you sum up your single, Pick Me Up in just 3 words for anyone wanting to check the single out?
Flirty, energizing, and fresh!

Before I end this interview, I have to ask you does releasing Pick Me Up mean that there is another single on its way soon or maybe an EP coming?
Well, I can’t just release one, right?! Pick Me Up is the first of many coming this year.
This makes me extremely happy to hear because I have a feeling 2020 is going to be a real special year for you!

Thank you so much for your time, Halle. I am very grateful!

Thanks so much for the questions!! Always love talking to you, Kellie!
Thank you so much. Bye Halle.

You can follow Halle on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY