EASTENDERS EPISODE REVIEW - CHRISTMAS DAY IN WALFORD - THE BIG REVEAL - PHIL & LOUISE KNOW THE TRUTH

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone reading this and I hope you all have had an amazing day surrounded by your family and friends.

A couple of weeks ago, Letitia Dean admitted  in an interview that the Christmas Day episode has a lot of twists and turns that even she didn't see coming which for me makes me really excited which makes me really excited.

Everyone knows how dramatic an EastEnders Christmas Day Episode is for all us viewers but this year's in particular is set to be more emotional and heart-wrenching than ever but 
only time will tell as we all sit down and watch the episode.

In tonight's episode, viewers Phil Mitchell reveal to his wife, Sharon that he knows the truth about her affair with his daughter Louise's fiancé, Keanu Taylor who is also the father to her unborn baby.

Tonight's episode was written by Pete Lawson and directed by Toby Frow.
In the first scene of tonight's Christmas Day episode, viewers saw the camera pan over Albert Square before going to Ben and Phil Mitchell who were sat talking outside their house about their plans to get revenge on his daughter Louise's cheating fiancé, Keanu Taylor. I do love a Mitchell plan. Seconds later, Sharon was seen placing presents under the Christmas Tree in their house.

In the next scene, Keanu was seen holding his newborn daughter, Peggy unaware of what the day has in store for him. I did like how I was feeling very anxious from the start of the episode if I am honest and thinking, Run, Sharon, Run - the drama ahead is one you don't need but one you bought on yourself!

In the next scene, Keanu was seen opening a present and holding it up when Louise Mitchell's mum, Lisa Fowler started shouting at him for what it's done but stopping as soon as her daughter walked in to the room. Love how Louise is even doubting Keanu now! following on from Keanu being quick to worry about her baby for obvious reasons.
In the following scene, Sharon was seen shouting at her son, Denny as Phil looked on and smirked at the end of the scene got me a little excited for what's to come as I am really looking forward to the drama that's ahead.

Back over at The Mitchell's, Sharon was seen laying out the crackers on the table when Phil walked in and closed the doors, determined to get Sharon to stop and chose to reveal to her that he knows about her affair with Keanu. I can't bare to think of the look on Louise's face when she discovers the truth about her fiancé.

However, over at deceased Mel Owen's house, Louise was seen to be celebrating Christmas with her fiancé, Keanu who looked like she knew something. With the camera's panning to Louise, who questioned Keanu about being whether he was the father of Sharon's baby or not to which led him into confessing. I am not looking forward to a very sad Louise.

Back over at Phil's, he was seen looking red faced following Sharon telling him the truth about sleeping with Keanu but his stern facial expression whilst he is in the living room was one that got me. Sharon revealing to Phil the truth about every single little detail about why and it was all because she looked the attention got me a little mad because she could have just talked to Phil. But I have to admit I really admire Letita for her emotional acting during this scene because my god, she deserves an award. But I always have nothing by praise for Steve McFadden's emotional acting in this scene. Phil opening up to Sharon got me all emotional and holding that teddy he bought for their baby, I had tears in my eyes. This scene was electric and one I think hands down deserves an award!

Over in Mel's, Louise and Keanu were seen arguing as Keanu was trying to defend himself but an emotional Louise is one, I hated seeing! Louise realising that her mother knew is something that broke me!
Louise told Lisa that she wanted to talk to her fiancé alone where their discussion got a little heated but the truth of it all was something, I actually enjoyed being revealed. Keanu begging Louise is something, I didn't really want to see but something they was needed for the scene. This attention to detail was absolutely PERFECT!

Once again, back over at Phil's, Sharon was seen talking to her husband about them getting on a flight and leaving however, who is she kidding. I love how strong and determined Phil is knowing everything!

Moments later, Keanu was seen to be apologising to an emotional Louise where you could see how distraught she was but the fact it was from they wasn't together makes it even worse that he never revealed it to her. When Keanu suggested to Louise about running away but that heart felt talk from Keanu got me even more emotional. But Louise agreeing to leave with Keanu is something, I expected but didn't really want.

Phil was seen to be throwing out, Sharon on the street as Ruby, Max, Ash and Iqra watched on. With Sharon questioning Phil on what he's gonna do to Keanu as Phil was seen phoning Ben. Why did I love this scene most in this episode?

In the next scene, Louise and Keanu were seen packing up as Keanu promised to look after Louise and their daughter before kissing. Why am I sensing a motive for Louise's plans even more than I already was.
Seconds later, Keanu was seen looking out onto the Square he was talking to Louise as Phil stormed over to what looked like coming to his house. Louise is all panicked and nerved.

Moments later, Phil was seen buying his son, Ben, Lola Pearce, Lexi Mitchell, adopted son, Denny - a drink as he was seen talking to Ben at the bar about his plans for getting revenge on Keanu. Oh, I really am loving Phil tonight.

In the next scene, Keanu was seen coming out on The Arches where Louise and Peggy were waiting as they bumped into Karen and Mitch before they were seen making an excuse as Louise wanted them to go. Louise what are you doing standing by the love cheat of a fiancé!

In the next scene, Keanu was seen trying to get into the vehicles in a desperate bid to get out of the Square with Louise and his daughter to which Louise is getting more and more scared about but the look on Louise's face as she said she 'Never, ever, take a Mitchell for a fool.' - my favourite line of the episode by a mile. WHAT A TV GOLD MOMENT!
INCREDIBLE WORK, PETE with the scripting!
Yes, Louise - I am so proud of you for setting Keanu up like that, I loved this ruthless side of Louise.
I was very pleased about this and the fact that she showed that she wasn't going to let him get away uncarved.

Seconds later, Sharon was then seen opening up to her good friend, Ian Beale about her husband kicking her out and admitting to him that Keanu is the father of her unborn baby! I am too emotional as all Sharon is worried about is Keanu.

Moments later, Louise watched on as Keanu was driven away by Martin Fowler in a van. Louise all of a sudden looked worried about what is happening to him.

In the next scene, Sharon was seen entering the Vic where Ben, Phil, Lola, Jay, Billy and Honey where Phil threatened to reveal the truth about Sharon cheating on him before she admitted the truth herself about the father of her baby being Keanu as Louise walked in. Sharon looked terrified and with Louise standing up to Sharon, I was proud of her. Yes, Denny wanting to stay with Phil after the truth was revealed and Phil looking smug ended the scene wonderfully! Louise looked so drained after the days events.

In the next scene in The Queen Vic, Ben was seen sat talking to his sister about what Martin and what his doing to her cheating love-rat of a fiancé. I adore Ben wanting to be there and support his sister. Seconds later, Ben was seen to checking up on Louise leading to Phil walking over and checking on his daughter and Louise checking on her dad. I do adore The Mitchell family bond. Love that Louise was in on the change of plan after all (or so it seemed).

In the next scene, outside the Vic was when Martin was seen showing Ben the footage of him 'killing' Keanu but my god, I was shook. But I'm still not convinced at the moment that's the end for Keanu!

Seconds later, Phil was seen to be sat with his daughter, Louise and son, Ben in The Queen Vic who he was seen to be telling them that they are the only people he trusts. Seeing this side of Phil is one I am loving as we all know how much family and loyalty means to Phil. But toasting to his family!

Also in tonight's episode, viewers saw the residents celebrating Christmas alongside Linda's alcohol storyline which I have to admit is raising a lot of awareness.
In scenes tonight, Linda was seen waking up in hospital with her son, Lee by her side whilst Mick wasn't aware of where Linda was.
Linda breaking down to her son had me a little emotional.
Then when the camera panned over to Linda again in hospital as Gin was placed on the next patient table, I was worried about what was to come for her.
The Carters are so worried about Linda as no one has seen her since her discharged herself from the hospital leading to Mick having a panic attack.
I adore having Lee back, he is one character I forgot how much I loved.

There is something so wonderful about Steve McFadden's acting during this whole storyline and his reactions has been everything.

Letita Dean, you really deserved the #Tishmas status this year because my god tonight you showed everyone what an incredible actress you are!

Tilly Keeper, I have nothing but praise for you after tonight's episode because my god Tilly, you had me on the edge of my seat for the whole episode! I've ONE WORD FOR YOU, Tilly - PHENOMENAL!!

Lucy Benjamin, I have nothing but absolute praise for you during this storyline because you have helped support Tilly and your character, Lisa has been wonderful to watch during this time.

Everything about Toby's directing has been incredible with all the close ups and the camera angles making tonight's episode a little more magical!

EastEnders script writing, directors and everyone involved you made another incredible episode so thank you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY