10 SONGS THAT BUILT ME DURING THE LAST DECADE

As today is the last day of the year and decade, I thought I would share the songs that have built me over the past decade from Country Music and other genres especially musicals.

Back in March 2010, Miranda Lambert released one of my favourite songs that she has ever released and one that inspires me every day. The House That Built Me is one song that I instantly can hear on the radio and brings back a lot of memories of my childhood along with the lyrics.
You can listen to The House That Built Me here.

2013 was the year, I first discovered The Shires and it's been wonderful to see their growth within the UK Country Music scene up until today. Brave was a song for me that has bought me a lot of strength and one that I still play whenever I am struggling.
You can listen to Brave here.

Laura Oakes is a Liverpool born, Country Singer/ Song-writer who I first discovered back in 2015 and I saw her live in the December at an intimate show in Milton Keynes and my god was a night. Dreamin' was the stand out song from that evening but Snakes and Ladders is one song that this year has helped me out the most - the lyrics have inspired to chase my dreams and to believe in myself.
But most recently, Laura has released another favourite of mine, Welcome To The Family.
You can listen to Snakes and Ladders here.

As a theatre geek, I have seen so many musicals but one performance that sticks with me the most is Raise You Up/ Just Be from Kinky Boots which I have to admit I have seen the most this decade because it is one of those shows that inspires you and you leave feeling super happy.
You can listen to Raise You Up/ Just Be here.

I know this song was release in October 2009, but I didn't discover this song until later 2010 but Lee Ann Womack's I Hope You Dance is one song that always has me singing along whether I am happy or sad because this is the beauty of Country Music.
You can listen to I Hope You Dance here.

Back in June 2012, I left High School and the one song of that evening that holds so many incredible memories is F.U.N. We Are Young because everyone in my school friendship group was there and it was the last time, a lot of us have seen each other before our adult lives took over.
You can listen to We Are Young here.

How can I do a blog post on music I have loved this decade without mentioning this incredibly talented lady that gave me my love for Country Music in the first place, Carrie Underwood one song that I have absolutely adored listening too and one song that I think I can get away with playing for my family is Jesus, Take The Wheel because it's one song that many people are able to relate too.
You can listen to Jesus, Take The Wheel here.

In 2016, I started supporting Temecula Road who now happen to be really good friends of mine but their second single, What If I Kissed You will always be one song that is very special to be because it showed everyone what an incredibly amazing trio - Maddie, Emma, and Dawson are as well as being wonderful people who are loving living their dream.
You can listen to What If I Kissed You here.

U.S. Artist, Olivia Lane is one artist I have absolutely adored discovering this year but her single Hey 3am is one song that has made me realise so much about myself and my struggles in life are normal and ones that most people face.
You can listen to Hey 3am here.

When Kelsea Ballerini released her debut album back in 2015, I was instantly in love with this ladies vocals before it was raw and emotional along with the lyrics being ones that I caught myself listening too very careful, but the stand out track for me was Stilettos because it was one that taught me to say the truth to everyone they like it or not.
Kelsea has since gone on to release many more other incredible songs including Unapologetically, In Between, Miss Me More, Peter Pan, Homecoming Queen, and Club.
You can listen to Stilettos here.

Maren Morris is another artist I discovered thanks to C2C back in 2016 when she performed My Church. My Church is one song that for me holds some of the happiest of memories with my country family because no matter what we are all going through when we hear this song everyone starts smiling and thinking of all the happy memories.
You can listen to My Church here.

Twinnie is one artist I have been a massive fan of since her musical theatre days, and with Twinnie now working so hard in the Country Music Industry her single, Better When I'm Drunk is one of my favourites and one of those songs that makes you instantly wanna get up and dance too.
You can listen to Better When I'm Drunk here.

The Adelaides are one country music trio that I happened to absoultely love from the very first moment I heard them at The Borderline back on 7th October, 2017 and their debut single, Leave shows everyone how incredible these girls are. 2019 has been one hell of a year for these girls and things are only going to get better.
You can listen to Leave here.

Tenille Arts is one artist I am very grateful to have discovered in 2019, and with her next album due to be released in a couple of weeks - how could I not include Somebody Like That  because having heard it live back in October as part of Country Music Week this artist is one I am very excited to see grow.
You can listen to Somebody Like That here.

There have been so many incredible songs released over the past 10 years, I couldn't include them all but here are some more key songs for me.

Scotty McCreery- I Love You This Big is one song that will always make me smile because I remember having to argue to stay up to watch the final of American Idol in 2011, but the fact him and Lauren Alaina made the final and both were winners made me very happy. Look at them both now.
Maddie & Tae - Girl in A Country Song (My very first gig in London back in 2016)
Emily Faye - Me For Me - one song that from the moment I heard it, I loved.
Frankie Davies - Dancing All Night (A fellow Jersey girl who I discovered in Jersey before I knew she was a country artists aha)
Kezia Gill - Local Man Star.
Maddie & Tae - Walk In Her Heels which they played during their gig at Koko back in 2017.
Lauren Alaina - Road Less Traveled was one song that continues to inspire me to live my dreams.
Catherine McGrath - Talk Of This Town.
Tenille Townes Somebody's Daughter.
Fairground Saints - Somewhere Down The Line,
Cassadee Pope - Wasting All These Tears,
Jillian Jacqueline - Reasons,
Kacey Musgraves - Rainbow,
And finally, Maddie & Tae - Just Fine.

But a special mention goes to Emily Faye, Bailey Tomkinson, Vic Allen, Louise Parker, Mairead, and all the other UK Artists for all your incredible work this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY