INTERVIEW WITH EMILY FAYE ABOUT HER 2019

This week's interview comes from British singer-songwriter, Emily Faye who has had a fabulous 2019 with releasing brand new music, and performing on her Write Like A Girl shows.

Good Morning, Emily. Thank you for agreeing to this interview with me about your 2019 and what a wonderful year it's been for you!

So, lets get straight into the questions, Emily. You started 2019 off by releasing your first single of the year, Sucks To Be You back in April, could you please tell me a little back your experience of releasing the single and what was the reaction like?
It was great fun releasing Sucks To Be You as the first single. I wanted to share my new music and developing sound with a bit of an impact and felt ‘Sucks to be you’ was a great way to do that.

Then a few weeks later, you released your next single, A Little Bit Of You which was a duet with your good friend, Jake Morrell, what was they experience like?
Jake Morrell is a great guy and a great friend of mine. He has a unique voice and having him feature on the song was so much fun. We wrote it together a few years ago and it was a really cool experience reworking bits of it and enhancing the story in the studio with Sue Mc Millan.

A Little Bit Of You is one song that stands out the most for me growing has how far you have come on as a singer and songwriter.

Then in July, you released another single, Barefoot which I have to admit was the perfect summer anthem. What was the reaction like to Barefoot?
Barefoot is one of my favourite songs from the bunch I've released this past year. I think it went down well with the summer timing and it’s always a favourite at my shows and a favourite of mine to play!

Then just a couple of weeks ago, you released your current single
Looking For A Real Thing, the reaction to this song on social media was just amazing, how did you find releasing this song?
I am really glad people are enjoying Looking For A Real Thing. We worked really hard on developing a story that people would be able to relate to - even to the point where Sue and I had written two lyrical versions. We ended up choosing the one we thought people would most relate too.


2019, has seen you touring with your good friends Vic Allen and Beth Keeping on your Write Like A Girl tour which has seen many incredible guest female artists support you - how have you found doing these shows?
Write Like a Girl has fast become a huge passion of Beth, Vic’s and mine. Championing women in music Is very important to me and Write Like A Girl has grown a lot over the past year as a movement. We have a lot more in store in 2020 so watch this space.
I am super gutted, I still haven't been able to catch any of these shows yet!


And before, I let you know I have to ask what are your plans for the rest of December? And what are you doing for Christmas?
I am planning on using December to focus on my writing and pre production of the next lot of music hopefully with my producer Sue McMillan! I am really excited to see what 2020 has in store!

Now this really is my final question for you, what is the one thing you are hoping to get out of 2020?
During this year I have learnt a few things about myself in relation to my music. Firstly, I haven’t written a song about myself or from my perspective since around 2013. I got caught up in putting myself in other peoples shoes and trying to write from their perspective. So recently I've been trying to focus on writing my truth. I have also learnt that its so easy to sweat the small stuff and compare your journey to another’s, when actually what it fundamentally comes down to is remembering the ‘Why’. Why you started out on this journey in the first place. So expect some vulnerability and honesty from me in 2020 and as always some fun, positive tunes too!

Thank you so much for your time today, Emily. I very much appreciate it. Here's to 2020!
Thanks so much.

You can follow Emily on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY