INTERVIEW WITH MADISON OLIVIA AS WE DISCUSS HER LATEST SINGLE, 24/7

This week's interview is with a brand-new artist to this page, American singer-songwriter, Madison Olivia who last week I had the pleasure of speaking with to discuss her latest single, 24/7 alongside her plans for the rest of 2024 and 2025 aims.

Hello Madison. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us. As you are new to many of our readers can you please ask you to introduce yourself to our readers?
Absolutely! I’m Madison Olivia, a pop/country artist originally from Flint, Michigan. I’ve been fortunate to open for artists like Dylan Scott, Parmalee, and recently, my idol Kassi Ashton which was an absolute dream come true! And yes, she’s just as sweet in person as I imagined.
I’ve been working hard as an independent artist, carving my own path in country music. My sound blends soulful, heartfelt vocals with the storytelling roots of country music. My main goal when writing songs is creating something that people can connect with on a deep, emotional level.

I have been following you for the past 6 months, and I have to say it has been brilliant to see how much you have grown in the short time I have been following your journey.
Thank you so much! That truly means the world to me. It’s been such a whirlwind, but I’m incredibly grateful for all the love and support I’ve received. Watching everything grow so quickly has been surreal, and I’m just doing my best to savor every moment.

Your recent single, 24/7 was released earlier this month, how did you find the release? What has the reaction been like?
The release of 24/7 has been incredible! I wrote it with two close friends, Reid and W.B., who also worked with me on Know Your Name, so we already had great chemistry. I was in the honeymoon phase of a relationship when we wrote it, and I just couldn’t get enough of my partner (if you know what I mean). It's such a fun, flirty song to perform, and I wasn’t sure how people would respond to something so playful, but the feedback has been amazing. People love the energy, and they’ve told me it’s the kind of song that just makes them want to get up and move which is exactly what I wanted!

Can you please tell us a little about 24/7?
Of course, 24/7 is all about that undeniable physical chemistry you have with someone, the kind of connection where you can’t stop thinking about them and want to be together all the time. It’s fun, cheeky, and a little sexy. I wanted to capture that flirty, magnetic vibe where you just can’t get enough of each other. The groove is super catchy, and I hope that playfulness comes through when people listen.

24/7 is filled with a lot of chemistry along with some catchy lyrics that I have to admit I really enjoyed listening too.
Thank you, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! That’s exactly what I was aiming for lots of chemistry, high energy, and something that sticks in your head after just one listen.


You wrote the single with Reid Sorel and William Brooks Sim, how did this come about?
Reid, W.B., and I have collaborated before, so when I had the idea for 24/7, they were my go-to. We have great chemistry as a team, and writing with them is always fun. The energy in the room was fantastic that day, and we really wanted to create something bold and fun. Everything just clicked.

How would you describe 24/7 in 3 words?
Flirty, fun, magnetic.

Please tell me we can expect an EP next year following the release of your previous singles - User, Downtown Now, Know Your Name, Downtown Cowboy and 24/7?
Flirty, fun, magnetic. Yes, absolutely! I’m currently working on it. The plan is to release an EP next year, and I’m so excited to share a fuller body of work that really showcases the different sides of my sound. Each single so far has had its own distinct vibe, and I think the EP will bring all those elements together.

With us being a UK Country Music page, I can't let you go without asking you about your plans for a possible trip to the UK in the future?
I would LOVE to come to the UK! It’s definitely on my radar, and I’ve been feeling so much love from fans over there. I’m hoping to make it happen soon - it would be amazing to connect with country music fans in the UK in person.

Can I please also ask about your plans for the rest of 2024?
2024 is packed! I’ve got more shows lined up, including some really exciting performances like New Faces Night at The Basement in Nashville. That venue has been a dream of mine to play it was the first live music venue I attended when I moved to Nashville, so performing there is a full-circle moment. I’m also planning a special Christmas charity concert this holiday season. And of course, I’m always working on new music, so I’ll be in the studio as much as possible.

Finally before I let you go is there anything you can tease about your plans for 2025?
I don’t want to reveal too much just yet, but 2025 is shaping up to be huge! The EP is going to be a major focus, but I’m also planning some exciting collaborations and bigger performances, maybe even a tour. I’m all about expanding my reach and continuing to grow as an artist, so there’s a lot to look forward to.

Thank you so much for taking the time to talk about your latest single, 24/7.
THANK YOU again for taking the time to speak with me. This was so fun and I appreciate it so much!

You can follow Madison Olivia on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES