EP REVIEW - MADELINE MERLO - ONE HOUSE DOWN (FROM THE GIRL NEXT DOOR)

This Friday (11th October) will see rising singer-songwriter and 2024 CCMA, Female Artist of the Year nominee, Madeline Merlo is set to release her latest EP, One House Door (from the girl next door).

Broken Heart Thing featuring Dustin Lynch is filled with a lot of vulnerability that is also filled with many honest moments that tells a rather personal story one that is written beautiful as I have a feeling many people will be able to relate with. Dustin's verse adds another layer to the story allowing for some beautiful harmonies. 
Bar Fight begins with a soft vocal tone with the chorus being a head over heart moment seeing some wonderful song-writing bought to life that I caught myself getting rather emotional over. Thank you, Madeline for writing a brilliant song from the heart. It's the uptempo during the final verse and chorus that are everything!
Same Car gave me goosebumps as the love story vibes kick in with her higher vocal tones being shown that bought up so many memories as you can feel the story behind the lyrics being bought to life with the heartbreak demonstrated in a way that is brilliant to hear - it's the moment you think everything is going well then something heartbreaking happens with the relationship ending in this song.


Middle of the Bed begins with a wonderful guitar instrumental that saw me instantly relate with the songs lyrics and the storytelling is brilliant as you can hear another side of who Madeline is as an artist as well as a person making for some interesting listening in my opinion. The chorus is wonderfully upbeat bringing another side to the song which sees the song take you on a journey as you can feel the relationship struggles. The softer tone in the bridge is stunning before the upbeat chorus ends the song brilliantly.
Good Grief is a song about life and we you hit that certain age as you begin to look at your life in a lot more detail where all the questions begin. The attention to detail within the songwriting Madeline delivers is beautiful with the mix of vulnerability that honestly broke me as I felt like this is about my life at the moment so thank you for writing a song that makes my feelings feel valued. The chorus is the part of the song that I caught myself dancing too as I felt myself feeling understand.
One House Down (from the girl next door) is an upbeat song that personally I feel brings this EP together perfectly as you can hear all aspects of Madeline's life recently as well as hearing this trip down memory lane which personally I love hearing as it lets you in a little to the artists lives and the struggles as this is particularly the case in the first verse. It's the chorus that took me by surprise as what you thought the song was about it turned out not to be the case loving for a little mystery which I love.

This EP is very special and my favourite of 2024!

You can follow Madeline on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES