CHRISTMAS DAY EASTENDERS REVIEW

I have watched EastEnders since I was a young girl, however, have struggled to watch it live since lockdown but last night's Christmas Day episode (25th December) was just incredible.

From the very moment we were shown what was going to happen during this year's Christmas episode back in February, I can honestly say I have been hooked. Thank you for a brilliant lead up.

All of the SIX involved - Kathy Beale, Stacey Slater, Linda Carter, Sharon Watts, Denise Fox and Suki Panesar have led me to changing my mind on many occasions even until moments before last night's episode aired. I always thought it was Stacey Slater but didn't 100% know the victim but Keanu Taylor was the person who I'd always said, but recently thought it could have been Nish or Phil Mitchell due to his involvement in the Sharon storyline with Albie crossed my mind.

However, once the Christmas episode started I was hooked especially as the Queen Vic featured in the first scene, then the SIX being in their outfits it felt dramatic right. Is it a soap with 'snow' falling aha.
One thing EastEnders did really well was the amount of different ways the storyline could have taken, but my good what a tense episode.

The way that all the SIX ended up in The Vic was amazing and all for different reasons to start. When it was revealed as Keanu and it was Linda, I was shocked as I never thought Linda would do that but seeing her friend Sharon struggle she just wanted to protect her best friend.

I am excited to see how the storyline continues with all the twists and turns.... BUT please can we give Kellie Bright, Letita Dean, Lacey Turner, Gillian Taylforth, and Diane Parish a round applause because they were fantastic.
Lauren Klee, thank you for writing such a great episode
To the director, Lance Kneeshaw thank you for many great camera angles.

Christmas EastEnders aired at 9.45pm on BBC1 available on BBCi Player now, and continues tonight (Boxing Day - 26th December) at 8.25pm on BBC1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY