TOP 10 DANNY MILLER MOMENTS

As everyone who knows me knows and from this article you will know too, I have loved watching Danny Miller's journey as Aaron Dingle right from the moment he joined back in 2008, however, a lot of my favourite scenes were from when he re-joined the show back in 2014 as part of Donna Windsor and Ross Barton's heist drama.

Unofficial Wedding (17th February, 2017) will always be one of my favourite Robron scenes thanks to the references from their early days especially the garage which was a fundamental part of their journey. The way that the wedding was very Robron styled which I have to admit made for many special moments for us Robron fans that still live on today in the 'Robron fandom'. Robert and Aaron's wedding was full of emotion as it was purely about this pair and their beautiful love story even if it is a complicated one. The moment that Aaron and Robert shared their vows with one another was an extremely special moment as it was them two opening up to one another in a rather poignant way due to the writing of the vows highlighting their complicated past. Their first dance what can I say without getting emotional? The way that The Dingles and Sugden's gathered for the special day along with their friends saw many special moments. When Robert drunk from the welly, we all know what that means! He was welcomed into The Dingle family. The final scene of the episode that saw Aaron open up and Robert comforting him was significant moment for them showing how much they care for one another - I've tears in my eyes just thinking about this scene.

Super Soap Week (2016) will always be one of my favourite Emmerdale weeks as it saw a lot of drama and high intensity moments, I'm not just talking about Robert and Aaron. The fantastic Maxine Alderton wrote the Monday episode that was purely a Robron episode which saw the car accident cliffhanger. Prior to that Robert had a rather special day planned for Aaron showing a pure and honest side to their relationship. I liked how Robert told his sister, Victoria of his proposal plans was beautiful as she was genuinely happy for them. The vulnerability from Aaron that was displayed throughout this episode got me emotional many times, I can't lie. One memory that sticks out for me is when Robert planned a picnic the very barn that saw many scenes during their affair era! The drama as Aaron kidnapped Lachlan White seeing them drive down a country lane into the woods where Lachlan escaped allowing for a beautiful heart-to-heart that saw Robert open up about his sexuality. In the woods, Robert wore his heart on his sleeve as Aaron was the support he needed in that moment I am feeling so emotional just thinking back to this scene. The 'your not a disappointment, your amazing!' also saw Aaron admitting to Robert about how he actually felt with the 'you know, I know' moment which felt me teary eyed. Before their car went flying into the water with Robert determined to save his love who was trapped underwater unable to move despite Robert's best attempt the facial expression said more than the words. As Robert, Aaron's Mum, Chas along his half-sister, Liv Flaherty all await for news Robert rushes off back to the lake to get the ring leaving Liv and Chas worried but when he returns and shows them they smile what a sweet moment. The Robron feels I felt as Aaron accepted Robert's proposal, I am super emotional just thinking about it I have to admit!

Official Robron Wedding (5th October, 2018) is one moment that I couldn't let a blog post go by without mentioning as my god everything about this episode was perfect. Aaron and Robert's journey hasn't been plain sailing but their wedding was everything and bought many Robron fans together. Victoria's poem to her brother was beautiful and the camera angles were spot on. Of course, my favourite moment of course was the moment Aaron and Robert's vows, as I'd waited so long for them to make it official (the 4 year wait was so worth it!) Back in The Woolpack after the ceremony as Aaron and Robert gave their speeches - I remember being an emotional mess especially as Robert said some of the most honest things about Aaron, and the way that Aaron kept his short and sweet but you could see that Robert knew Aaron meant every single word. The attention to detail throughout the episode from Maxine Alderton was something that was appreciated because my god did Maxine know what us Robron fans wanted right from the start and with her love for the characters making it even more special. The way that Aaron had his mother, Chas walking him down the aisle with Robert choosing Diane Sugden - I still get emotional over this scene. Another amazing moment from the episode was when Liv Flaherty bought Seb (Robert's son with Rebecca White) down the aisle ahead of her brother and Robert and Robert's sister, Victoria Sugden.

Liv Flaherty's Arrival (February 2016) If it wasn't for Robert Sugden's support there is no way that Aaron would have decided to track down his little half-sister, Liv who was living with her mum, Sandra. The moment Liv was introduced to us following her going up to both Aaron and Robert in the park before they went around, and it was Liv be-known to them that tried to steal Aaron's wallet that Robert later got back - this allowed for a very interesting first meeting but I liked how Robert chose not to tell Sandra, Liv's mum (it even made a special mention in their official wedding speech from Liv). The way that Aaron has always appreciated Robert's help in finding his little sister is something, I'll always be grateful to Emmerdale for remembering especially Maxine Alderton within her writing. I have to say how incredible it has been to see Isobel Steele grow as an artist, and her and Danny's scenes have been nothing short of incredible over the past 5 years!

I wasn't going to mention this part that led to the trial in this part but I thought I couldn't write it without mentioning it, but in the February of 2016, Aaron collapsed in Robert's arms leading to his being taken into hospital which it was said he suffered from sepsis, and the way that this scene led to Aaron opening up and telling Robert what had happened with his father, Gordon through his childhood were emotional scenes allowing for Danny to show a lot of vulnerability. Gordon's Trial (2016) ahead of the trial the way that Aaron was supported by Robert through what was one of the toughest times saw him admit to his father's abuse that saw Aaron confront his father, Gordon and open up to his mother, Chas about, however at this point he refused police involvement. Upon tracking his half-sister, Liv down Aaron told her about their father seeing the siblings new found relationship torn. I loved how this storyline saw many twists and turns that left us viewers on edge the whole way through as we all wanted justice for Aaron. The way that Chas was there for her son left me with tears in my eyes especially when it comes to the 'Sometimes, you break my heart' line. Aaron looking like a lost little boy, the way that the jury questions left me frustrated. During the trial, Robert's support to Aaron was everything... The moment Sandra and Liv arrived in the court to give their evidence, I cheered but the vulnerability from the characters left me emotional. Robert's speech to the jury had me in tears, the dialogue was beautifully written 'The sorta person you'd wanna be, Be with!' - the Robron feels. As Liv went on to give her side, you could see the vulnerability and uncertainty - Isobel showed everyone what an amazing young actress she was and still is! I've to say the way that Aaron was there for Liv when she needed someone was a sweet moment especially when she chose to reveal the truth despite everything. In the Friday episode, Adam Barton discovered that Aaron and Robert were a couple I screamed! This was always the episode that saw Gordon found guilty and sentenced to 18yrs the cheers were so loud and rightly so, but as everyone arrived back to The Woolpack, Aaron stood outside as Robert bought from a drink, the emotions throughout you could see Aaron was struggling to process everything that had happened - the dialogue really got me! Robert's support was vital.
The aftermath of the trial saw Aaron official become a Dingle which for me was and always will be a very poignant moment. A few weeks later, Gordon's funeral take place after he took his own life in prison leading to a beautiful moment for Liv and Aaron as Aaron went to support Liv at Gordon's funeral along with Robert, and Chas, however, with Liv running off and later sitting talking to Robert on a bench - Aaron told Gordon exactly what he thought of him, and the promise Aaron made to Liv about looking after her was amazing - just look at the siblings' relationship to date.
This storyline will be the one that will stick with me for a very long time.

A Day In The Life (Prison Episode) was an episode for me was the one that I caught myself watching intensely especially thanks to the camera angles used allowing for every kind of emotion to be displayed throughout the journey. In this episode, viewers saw a completely different side to his character, Aaron Dingle in the way of vulnerability that we haven't seen since the trial with his father, Gordon. The way that Robert and Liv were involved in this episode, and us as the viewers were bought into this episode with many different emotions allowed for the writer of the episode, Paul Roundell to show this raw characterisation that I caught myself appreciating. The pain from Aaron from his ordeal with what happened the previous day. My heart was broken for these three characters as I watched, but one thing I do I have to say is how well Danny, Ryan Hawley, and Isobel Steele worked together. The real insight that Emmerdale gave for this episode was something else, and very much appreciated by so many viewers.

I have to mention in this part of the blog about their Robron's Goodbye Before Aaron Goes To Prison was a super sad scene that despite all the little moments of laughter alongside the way their heartfelt goodbye was something, I remember myself and making viewing getting rather upset about especially as Aaron and Robert said their goodbyes with the 'I love you, Mr Dingle.' / 'I love you Mr. Sugden' I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it! Liv's goodbye to her brother was an emotional as despite everything their sibling relationship is one of my all time favourites in the show, Danny and Isobel Steele work so incredibly well together - credit where credits due.

Robron First Kiss - I remember the very day, I joined the fandom in 2014 as Robert Sugden and Aaron Dingle first kissed back on 4th December in the lay-by that quickly become a poignant part in their relationship. However, I have to say the lead up to their relationship saw a lot of twists and turns as Robert was in a relationship with Christie White at the time of his first interaction with Aaron. You could see the attraction right from the start. Robron's official engagement because my god the parallels to the first kiss were everything. I also really loved the fact that both Aaron and Robert wanted to propose to each other but without one another knowing. This whole scene made me emotional, the way that the lay-by was used I'm a mess just thinking about that scene! I can't let the part go by without mentioning how they later went on to ask their sisters, Victoria Barton and Liv Flaherty to be their best man at their wedding. goes to show how much their sisters mean to the characters and how well Danny, Ryan Hawley, Isobel Steele, and Isabel Hodgins worked together.

Robron's Reunion back on 23rd February, 2018 the way that Aaron delivered his speech to Robert Sugden on the footstep of his sister, Victoria Barton's place was one full of emotion as this saw the pair reunite after Aaron's fling with Alex. I really felt for Robert during this episode as it was obvious how much Aaron needed Robert as much as Robert needed Aaron. There was something so special to me with the way that Aaron stopped looking towards the garage as Robert was in there. The vulnerability from both characters saw the pair lie their hearts on the line. But, the way that Aaron went over and wanted to talk to Robert on his doorstep was beautiful as it was in such a way that let the viewers into feeling something that haven't felt in a while with these two characters. The emotions I am feeling writing this one wow, I've gone again just thinking back to the music that was played in Make You Feel My Love as they kissed.

Jackson's Death Storyline (2014) was the very first moment, I realised what an amazing actor Danny Miller really was. The Jackson and Aaron love story wasn't a plain and simple one as their relationship had many ups and down which made for interesting viewing. This storyline saw a real struggle for Aaron with his sexuality which saw a court case in the early days of their relationship. However, the most one thing I remember most from their relationship was the way that Aaron supported Jackson through his decisions despite the emotional toll it took on him. Jackson and Aaron's relationship saw them breaking up and getting back together a few times even after Aaron confessed that he loved Jackson, a while after Jackson did. With Hazel blaming Aaron for her son's Jackson's accident which left him paralysed, Aaron was the one who supported his decision following watching a video about him talking about ending his life - these scenes were emotion ones that made viewers feel extremely vulnerable. The aftermath saw Aaron getting arrested and misses Jackson's funeral, but at the trial Aaron was found no guilty. I have to give a special mention to Marc Silcock who played Jackson, and Pauline Quirke who played Jackson's mum, Hazel for their amazing scenes with Danny.

Cain and Aaron's Relationship is one I have absolutely adored seeing develop over Danny's time on Emmerdale because of the way he and Jeff Hordley work together so incredibly well together. The way that Aaron and Cain have this special relationship despite everything they have been through they always find time to support one another. The ups and downs of their relationship is something for me that makes it interesting viewing. Chas, Paddy and Aaron's Relationship has had many different twists and turns however, the special moments that stick out for me are when Aaron is there for his mother following the death of her sister, Grace which happened just before their official wedding back on the 1st October, 2018 - their relationship is my one of favourite soap relationship. But my favourite would be the way that Chas supported her son through his trial against Gordon, and his prison ordeal. I've got a give a special mention also to Aaron's relationship with Paddy has it has seen Paddy be the father figure, Aaron crazed! I can't end this part without mentioning about Paddy's words on Aaron's wedding day in 2018 as the emotions and honesty within the speech was something that needed saying.

I can't do this blog and not talk about Robron in general, and the first scene for this that comes to mind is Christmas Day 2016 where Aaron, Robert, and Liv are all walking through the village as the snow is falling with the matching Christmas jumpers appearing later in the episode before it was all over to the Dingles for a good time. Following Aaron's release from prison in 2017, viewers saw some incredibly emotional scenes that allowed for Danny and Ryan Hawley to dive into even more emotion for their characters giving us viewers many intense scenes. I have to add about the way that Aaron supported Robert through Rebecca White's pregnancy despite the initial shock at the start, Aaron took his son, Seb on as his own. Through this journey, viewers saw the caring side of Aaron and their little family was formed (Aaron, Robert, Liv, and Seb). I can't end without mentioning the moment when Robert decided to go to the police, and hand himself in to protect Aaron, however, the fact that he wouldn't a divorce from Aaron still annoys me (I loved Robron!)

Finally, Danny has worn multiple awards during his time including:-

2010: TV Quick/ TV Choice Best Actor and Best Soap Storyline with Aaron's self gay loathing, Inside Soap's Best Actor/ Best Dramatic Performance with Aaron's confession, and finally TV Time Award's Favourite Newcomer.
2011: All About Soaps' Best Actor, Inside Soap Awards' Best Actor/ Best Dramatic Performance with Jackson's Choice, British Soap Awards' Best Actor, TV Times' Favourite Soap Star, and Digital Spy Readers Awards Best Actor.
2012: British Soap Awards' Best Actor.
2015: All About Soap Awards' Best Moment 2014 with Robert kisses Aaron, and TV Choice Awards' Best Soap Actor.
2016: British Soap Awards' Best Actor/ Best Male Dramatic Performance, TV Choice Awards' Best Soap Actor, Inside Soap Awards' Best Partnership with Ryan Hawley, and TV Times Awards Favourite Soap Star.
2017: Inside Soap Awards Best Actor, TV Times Awards Favourite Soap Star, and Digital Spy Readers Awards' Best Actor/ Soap Relationship with Ryan Hawley.

I could keep going with this list, but I had to select the ones I'll remember Danny for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY