SINGLE REVIEW - ALEX HUGHES - AFTER 31

Today (Friday 12th November) will see Canadian Pop-Country singer-songwriter, Alex Hughes release her brand new single, After 31.

Photo Credit: Aaron Reimer

After 31 has a soft and sweet instrumental which adds this wonderful layer to the song before any lyrics have been sung.
The first verse sees Alex's softer vocal range at the forefront allowing for this really heartfelt message about life within the lyrics that instantly got me thinking about my own relationship with my mum. The emotion alone within this first verse has an incredibly sentimental feel having me in tears many times. After 31 is a life song that everyone is able to relate with one way or another with that person who bought them up!
The chorus features some of the most wonderfully thought about lyrics that see another dynamic bought to this songs meaning in a way that allowed me to find a new appreciation for the lyrics, and how the song is one of growth as we grow up. The crisp vocal from Alex during this verse is amazing allowing for the listeners to closely take in every single emotion.
The second verse of After 31 continues with even more life lessons being shared that I have to admit were the most relatable for me being near those ages hearing it in a song, I realised how much I have achieved in life despite feeling like I haven't. Thank you, Alex for allowing me to believe in myself with these lyrics and messages.
The final verse sees After 31's key lyrics being repeated in a much softer and crisp vocal going into the chorus ending the song fantastically.

You can follow Alex on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY