ALBUM REVIEW - GABBY BARRETT - GOLDMINE DELUXE

Today (Friday 19th November) will see US singer-songwriter, Gabby Barrett release her debut album, Goldmine The Deluxe Version.
Goldmine Deluxe features 17 songs which Gabby has written 13 of.

Courtesy of Warner Music Nashville

I Hope starts with dark feeling guitar instrumental which I instantly loved. The first verse showcases Gabby's softer meaningful vocal which allows the listeners to get to know who Gabby is as an artist and what she is capable felt remaining true to herself as an singer/ songwriter. The lyrics are ones you can tell Gabby has written right from the start. The chorus is super catchy and one that a lot of people will be able to relate too - when they were in love with that certain person and they cheated on them and its definitely an anthem which I completely adore. The lyrics are so fantastically written from the very first word to the very end, I had goosebumps. The second verse continues the song in a wonderful way telling it from a different point of view when you are waiting for them to call but deep down you know they won't! Gabby's softer and crisp vocal range was the most wonderfully move for this part of the song. The final verse demonstrates what an incredible singer, Gabby is as her vocal range gets even more wonderful before ending I Hope with the chorus which definitely perfected the song. I Hope definitely takes you on a journey and one I am so glad, Gabby chose to write!

Thank God starts with an slower instrumental which I have to admit, I like as it gives nothing about the song away. The first verse sees Gabby's softer vocal start the song off wonderfully with her heartfelt lyrics about part of her life journey when moving to Nashville which I have to admit it one that I quite like hearing as Gabby is an artist who likes to write about her life journey within her songs. The chorus sees Gabby open up a little more which you can almost hear that she is thanking her husband and her music for making her who she is alongside God in a way, so beautiful. The second verse sees Gabby continue with her heartfelt lyrics about her finding love along the way, and how one thing led to another is just so beautiful like their American Idol journey did. The final verse of Thank God happens to be the chorus as Gabby slows the song right down allowing the lyrics to come through before soon picking up the pace.

Write It On My Heart starts with an soft and slow piano instrumental which gives nothing away about the song, and I like that until the song starts anyway. The first verse sees Gabby's softer vocal allowing the meaningful lyrics to shine through right from the start, and in a way I wasn't expecting as I have a feeling that this song is going to become something very special. The chorus is very catchy and more upbeat which I have to say suits the lyrics so wonderfully well. The lyrics are so heartfelt its beautiful. The second verse continues Write It On My Heart beautifully as Gabby's softer vocal continuing with her stunning lyrics, and the story telling within this song is just beautiful. Write It On My Heart has a standout moment in the bridge as it slowed right now, and it gives us listeners a real WOW moment! Before ending with it's chorus which happened to tie the song together beautifully.

Footprints On The Moon starts with an amazing guitar instrumental alongside a few other instruments too. The first verse sees Gabby super softer vocal range come through allowing the lyrics to be heard in all it's glory, whilst allowing Gabby to show off her wonderfully song-writing ability. The lyrics within Footprints On The Moon are rather special and incredibly beautiful to listen too. The chorus is really upbeat, however, it keeps to the tone of the song wonderfully. The second verse continues Footprints On The Moon wonderfully as you get a real feel for the song which I have to admit is very unique, and very Gabby. Gabby's vocal tone on this verse is very special, and the instrumental in the middle of the song is just stunning breaking the song up beautifully whilst still allowing Gabby to be true to who she is as an artist. The final verse of Footprints On The Moon sees Gabby continue with her softer vocal before her upbeat vocal is determined fantastically in the final chorus of the song as it ends, alongside an instrumental. The more I listen to Footprints On The Moon the more I get inspired to go, and live my life the way I want and allow myself to follow my crazy dreams whether they work out or not. It's time to believe in myself!

You're The Only Reason starts with a wonderfully slow instrumental which I have to admit, I adore right from the start. The first verse sees Gabby display her softer and soulful vocals whilst telling a beautiful story within the songs incredible lyrics. The chorus is super upbeat which reminds true to who Gabby is as an artist, and this is something I love within this song. The lyrics within the chorus are so catchy, the second time I heard it I was singing along. The second verse continues You're The Only Reason beautifully creating another wonderful layer to the beautiful lyrics. The more I listened to the song continue the most I was able to create my own version of the song, and songs like this to me are so special. The final verse of You're The Only Reason is slowed down which allows Gabby's to demonstrate more of her vocal range which leads into the chorus beautifully.

Goldmine starts with an slow but quirky instrumental which gave me some real excitement for the song ahead. The first verse sees Gabby give a real vulnerable and raw feeling vocal which I have to admit once again gave me goosebumps. The lyrics are amazing, and are a credit to Gabby and the songs song writing which I happen to love a lot. The chorus sees Gabby demonstrate her vocal higher vocal range which adds another layer to this beautiful song. The lyrics of Goldmine within the chorus are just wonderful, whilst being a little catchy. The second verse of Goldmine sees Gabby continue with her beautiful meaningful tone whilst allows the lyrics to shine right through. The instrumental in the middle of the song complimented with Gabby's softer vocals was wonderful to hear. Everything about the ending of Goldmine was just beautiful, and one that gave so much to the song.

The Good Ones starts with a soft instrumental (a little the same as I Hope but I like this sound gets you wanting more from the very start. The first verse is quickly taken in and gives you exactly what you expect from the song (or at least I did). The lyrics are very catchy and you can paint your own picture from the lyrics. The chorus features some wonderfully honest lyrics which I love and I caught myself singing along with at the top of my lungs. I can't wait to hear this song live when Gabby comes over the UK one day - the softer vocals make this song. The second verse carries the song on fantastically and the storytelling from the lyrics tells you about a bad relationship but one that teaches you a lot leading perfectly into the chorus. The bridge and final chorus are just wonderfully and made me sad because that's the end of the song. Gabby's vocal range throughout The Good Ones is just incredible and so gripping the louder and upbeat vocals make this song fantastic.

Jesus & My Mama starts with a rockier edge which I have to admit, I like hearing as it allows us the listeners to hear another side of Gabby. The first verse sees Gabby's rockier vocal range get it's moment to shine whilst allowing the lyrics to still come through so wonderfully. I like the fact that Gabby isn't afraid to show the world her more upbeat vocals and lyrics, whilst still being true to herself. The chorus is the part of the song which we as listeners get to hear the rocker side of Gabby's vocals whilst still also hearing the catchy lyrics wonderfully. The second verse continues Jesus & My Mama wonderfully and the rock chick in Gabby continues getting better and better with every note, this is one song I am very excited about hearing live upon her visit the UK one day. I love how the chorus connects to every single verse perfectly.  The final verse of the song sees Gabby's rock chick side slow down a little allowing Gabby's softer vocals to shine with some beautiful lyrics./ The bridge. I adored how Jesus & My Mama ended with a slowed down snippet of the chorus in a slower tone. I loved hearing the other side of Gabby with her edgier vocals - Gabby is one extremely talented young lady!

Hall of Fame has a guitar instrumental to start which gives the song a wonderful start before the first verse kicks in. The first verse is one about a relationship and having that one special person in your life who is your safety net but also the love of your life and there is something so endearing about these lyrics. The chorus is the part of the song which is so beautifully honest and written from the heart about her husband, Cade. The lyrics are ones that a so special to Gabby and ones that will resonate with many other listeners about love. Gabby's vocal tone within this part of the song is a little emotional allowing her to demonstrate what an amazing artist she really is! The second verse continues the story wonderfully about the next chapter of their love and for me it reminded me of American Idol and the moment they first saw each other on the stage in the spotlight and even what they do now for jobs my heart is so happy, Gabby turned this words into lyrics then into a song. The final verse of Hall of Fame is the part of the song which connected with me most because I could feel every single word being sung. Hall of Fame ends with the chorus which ends the song in the most beautifully incredible way allowing the listeners to get to know who Gabby is as an artist which left me speechless.

Got Me feat Shane and Shane  starts with an soft guitar instrumental which is something that I like to call the Gabby style because it's her unique sound - perfect sounding. The first verse sees Gabby's crisp vocal tone on the meaningful lyrics that you can't help but get a little touched by as you can hear Gabby has written this song from her heart. The chorus is very holy related but in a way that you can hear how much Gabby realises on God and that it's not to overpowering for those who don't. The lyrics are super heartfelt and demonstrated wonderfully well who Gabby is as an artist. Gabby's vocal tones are demonstrated beautifully and compliment the lyrics so wonderfully well. The second verse continues Got Me beautifully with the story within the lyrics coming through so beautifully well allowing listeners to get a real feel for Gabby's music. I adore the part when the male vocals come in as it allows the song to develop into something rather magical. In the chorus, the second time around you hear some gorgeous harmonies between Gabby and Shane leading to some fiery vocals being displayed. The final verse of Got Me sees Gabby show off her much softer vocal tone and the dynamic of the song once again once the male vocal comes in WOW! Got Me ends with the chorus in a more softer vocal bringing the song to it's most natural end giving me goosebumps.

Rose Needs A Jack starts with an quirky uptempo instrumental which I have to admit, I love right from the start. The first verse sees Gabby's happier soulful vocal come through within the beautifully heartfelt lyrics about love, and finding your person. The chorus is my favourite part of the song as you can hear how much the lyrics mean to Gabby, and her vocal is just beautiful throughout and it's your classic love story kind of song - for me it's just perfect! The second verse continues Rose Needs A Jack wonderfully as it follows on with the song beautifully and it allows the song to develop in such a beautiful way that it takes you off into your own world with your loved one. The final short verse of Rose Needs A Jack ends this song so incredibly beautiful, and I have no doubt this will become a wedding song. The fact that Rose Needs A Jack ends with the chorus is just beautiful, and the most perfect ending for this song.

Strong starts with a soft piano instrumental which I have to say compliments Gabby's softer vocal brilliantly. The first verse sees Gabby opening up the song with her vulnerable side within her vocals which I have to say is beautiful, and you hear every word so honestly. The chorus sees Gabby really come into her own with her extremely heartfelt lyrics which I have to say shows off her growth as an artist and singer/ songwriter fantastically - so move so that it actually moved me! The lyrics are so beautiful, I can't praise them enough. The second verse continues the journey of Strong  incredibly beautifully with Gabby returning to her softer vocals talking about her dreams, and loving someone more than yourself is one really special and important line. 'That's where I feel strong' being repeated in the middle of the song for me the most important line of the song. The final verse of Strong is slowed down, and it happens to bring so much to the song and it's message which is just beautiful allowing the lyrics to stand out, connecting to the chorus fantastically which happens to end the song! Strong is one song about female empowerment for sure.

I Hope (feat Charlie Puth) starts with dark feeling guitar instrumental which I instantly loved but once Charlie's vocals start the track off - WOW! The first verse showcases Gabby's softer meaningful vocal which allows the listeners to get to know what Gabby is quickly capable off, whilst remaining true to herself as an singer/ songwriter. The lyrics are ones you can tell Gabby has written right from the start. The chorus is super catchy as Gabby sings on her own and one that a lot of people will be able to relate too - when they were in love with that certain person and they cheated on them and its definitely an anthem which I completely adore. The lyrics are so fantastically written from the very first word to the very end, I had goosebumps. The second verse continues with Charlie's fantastic vocal which gives the song a little more character - the softer vocal tone in something that I like about Charlie allowing himself to shine on the track too. On the second chorus, listeners will hear Charlie continue with a solo chorus. I love the different interruption on the songs lyrics from a man's point of view when Charlie is singing and female when Gabby is keeping it's original meaning. The final verse sees Gabby take back lead vocals which I thought was brilliant, but I also love Charlie's harmonies. I Hope definitely takes you on a different kind of journey and one I am so glad, Gabby chose to write!

Pick Me Up starts with a guitar instrumental which goes into the first verse allowing for some emotional and relatable for listeners thanks to Gabby's soft tone. Pick Me Up us written from the heart which caught myself crying a few times. The up tempo in the chorus takes you on a journey that I personally love - the love and appreciate for the journey that Gabby takes us all on within the lyrics - I have on this part of the song alone is beautiful, and I hope many others listeners will too. The moment that Gabby mentioned about how our loved ones have our backs through everything was an amazing moment because it's so true for many of us! The second verse continues sees Gabby's soft vocal alongside some meaningful lyrics adding this vulnerability to be shown within the lyrics that listeners will appreciate. The instrumental break down is perfectly timed. The bridge allows for Gabby to show her softer tone once again ahead of the final chorus showing a different side of who she is as an artist. Gabby's vocal tones are everything throughout this song.

Never Get It Back has an slower softer instrumental that is complimented by Gabby's soft tone allowing for the lyrics to shine through from the very start. The vulnerability within the lyrics that sees you packing up, and moving on with that special person which quickly turns as what you think the song is about it isn't giving you that surprise factor. The chorus of Never Get It Back features beautifully written lyrics people will be able to relate with, that's my hope anyway due to the connection. The upbeat moments are everything for me personally anyway. The second verse sees Gabby's soft tone with her wearing her heart of the sleeve with her vulnerability shining through with her crisp vocal talking about the past moments with the lyrics getting you thinking once again. I appreciate the moments of Never Get It Back where you learn to appreciate your loved ones a little more. The instrumental break up from the electric guitar is everything. The bridge is in a little softer tone allowing for that WOW moment. The final chorus allows for this new appreciation from the lyrics that I adore. Never Get It Back is very different from how I expected it to end thanks to the instrumental.

I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton cover)
Gabby's version of I Will Always Love You is one version I never knew I needed thanks to the crisp soft vocals that many a times give me goosebumps. I love how Gabby isn't afraid to add her twists to this classic country song. The chorus is beautifully toned to her stunning lyrics - the way that Gabby resonates with the lyrics so special, and unique. The electric guitar instrumental adds another layer to the song which for me is amazing as it adds another side to the song to compliment Gabby's softer vocals that are to come.

The Good Ones (wedding version) has this super soft acoustic sounding version which I have to  admit is perfect for a wedding's first dance *goosebumps*. The way that Gabby sings the lyrics are very poignant especially with the softer vocal tone. I knew I loved the original version of The Good Ones but my god have I discovered a new love and appreciation for the wedding version of The Good Ones everything about it is stunning! Thank you, Gabby for releasing a new stunning version.

You can follow Gabby on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY