INTERVIEW WITH KAITLYN BAKER ABOUT HER NEW SINGLE, DRINKIN' HOURS

Today (Friday 29th October) will see singer-songwriter, Kaitlyn Baker release her brand new single, Drinkin' Hours.

You can read my review of Drinkin' Hours here.

Good Morning, Kaitlyn. Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me about your latest single, Drink' Hours. Can't believe it's been 18 months since we last did an interview. 
Being new to many of our readers, could I please ask you to introduce yourself?
Of course, my name is Kaitlyn Baker. I’m originally from a small town in Virginia called Pound. I currently live in Hurricane Mills, TN an hour west of Nashville, TN. I’m a full time singer/songwriter. I also work as a home cook for a magazine called Ingles Table. My husband and I live on a 350 acre farm where we keep up all our dogs, cats, chickens, goats, and ducks. Never a dull moment, for sure!
I have honestly loved following your journey via social media.

Today you release your brand new single, Drinkin' Hours - how are you feeling about it finally being out for people to hear?
I am so excited about this new single. It has been a long time coming and I’m feeling really grateful for all the support I’ve received.
I have to admit as soon as I saw the news about a new single, I got up and did a dance because I was really excited!

Before we go any further, can I please ask you to explain a little about the single?
Absolutely! This song is all about missing someone and wanting them back. I think we have all been there. It seems as though anytime you may have that glass of wine or two, your feelings just amplify and you send that text you wouldn’t have had the courage to send otherwise. Ha ha!

This is a question I am really interested in, was Drinkin' Hours always planned as your next release or was it one of those songs you wrote that you loved and wanted to instantly share with the world?
My husband and I actually wrote this song together. For those that are unaware, I am married to Joe Lasher who is writer on Warner Chappell/KJM publishing. We both felt this song could be received well to all different backgrounds. It’s really a fun song and it is so fun to perform live. It really has an energy about it that I just love! I really wanted to release this song first because it accurately portrays the music direction that I’m currently in.
I love it how you wrote this one with your husband its a really fine and no doubt it will be a special song for you both.

From listening to the lyrics in Drinkin' Hours, I have to ask you was there a certain situation in your life that inspired the lyrics?
I actually had the title in my phone, “Drinkin’ Hours” for over 3 years. It just so happened it clicked the day we started working on it.
Love it when moments like this happen.

There is something so special and unique about this song that many people listening will be able to relate too!

You won't know this but I love to ask this question during interviews, but how look did it take you to write Drinkin' Hours?
I think it took us a solid hour and a half to finish it. We were just sitting on our couch with our dogs late at night.
Great that the dogs were involved.

What was the recording process like?
Recording is my favorite part, hands down. You get to watch everything come to life. It’s really remarkable!
I think is this something we have discussed before in a message, this is the process I would love to be apart of one day because this is when the magic happens for sure.

How would you sum up your single, Drinkin' Hours in just 3 words for anyone wanting to check the single out?
Relatable, Honest, and Flirty.

Please tell me there is an EP coming full of new music? Or if no EP more singles before the end of 2021?
YES! A new EP will be dropping soon!
Please excuse me while I have a moment, this news has me excited.

Can we please talk about lockdown, and how it has affected you as an artist because let's be honest we have all had time to think and work on ourselves and what we want from life, have you learnt anything new about yourself?
Gosh, it has been some of the happiest and darkest times in my life. On one side of it, it brought me a lot closer to the simple things in life which I really have appreciated. On the flip side, it has been very hard as an artist. We didn’t play a live show for over a year. It was really difficult to process that.
Everyone's experience has been so different it's not wonderful to hear the positive and negatives it's definitely made us all appreciate the simple things in life. I felt for you artists, I as a fan of gigs had so many planned with them not being able was hard, so I can't begin to explain how hard it was for you artists.

Are you glad to be back performing?
Yes, we just ended our Ingles Down Home Concert Series. It was such a blessing! I will never take it for granted especially after the craziness we all have went through with the pandemic.
I am so glad it was a positive experience.

Before, I let you go can I please ask you are you still planning on coming back to the UK? I really wanna meet you was gutted it never happened last year.
Yes, I am planning on coming back! I absolutely loved my time in the UK even though it wasn’t as long as I had hoped. I will be able to release more about that in the near future!
Thank you so much for your time today, Kaitlyn. It's been an absolute honour to be back chatting with you.

You can follow Kaitlyn on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY