SINGLE REVIEW - KELSEA BALLERINI - I QUIT DRINKING

US singer-songwriter, Kelsea Ballerini has released her brand new single, I Quit Drinking which she also performed at the CMT Award Show last night.
I Quit Drinking is a duet with LANY's frontman, Paul Klein which was written by both Kelsea and Paul alongside Nicolle Gallyon. 

I Quit Drinking sees Kelsea's soft vocal opening up the song with a sweet piano instrumental allowing for the sentimental lyrics to come through.
The first verse sees Kelsea's songwriting shine through thanks to the lyrics having a warm and honest feel to them allowing for this emotive relationship based song come to life. The honesty within the song is displayed wonderfully which will have listeners feeling all kinds of emotions.
The chorus of I Quit Drinking features the message of being wrong for each other and knowing that you need to break up - but also not being willing to accept that the reason for the relationship is going in that direction, whilst also wanting to be so right for one another. Kelsea's warm vocals take the song to another level with her incredible vocal tone.
The second verse continues with Paul on lead vocals allowing for the song to have a different perspective when it comes to the day after the night before, and the layers within his crisp vocal is something that I rather enjoyed as I was listening - something I think over people listening will too. I like how this verse sees the relationship dynamic change within the song thanks to relationship changing and for the better. Kelsea and Paul's vocals work so incredibly well thanks to their beautiful tones blending wonderfully together as the second chorus comes in, showcasing why this song is perfect as a duet!
The final verse of I Quit Drinking sees Kelsea and Paul's harmonies demonstrated fantastically once again before they demonstrate their vocals softer independently as the final chorus comes in ending with a soft vocal from Kelsea and Paul.

As I Quit Drinking finishes my god, I am emotional - what a stunningly written song. The duet we never knew we needed.

You can follow Kelsea on her Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY