SINGLE REVIEW - CHRISTINA TAYLOR - I GOT THAT FROM YOU

This Friday (2nd July) will see US singer-songwriter, Christina Taylor releasing her brand new single, I Got That From You.

Photo Credit: Kelsey Maggart Photography

I Got That From You has an extremely soft sounding guitar instrumental to start which opens the song up beautifully with Christina's softer vocals as the first verse starts.
The first verse sees Christina's emotionally soft vocals at the forefront with a warm family feel to the meaning of the song that instantly drew me in as I caught myself relating to so many of the lyrics. Every single details within this verse is just perfect giving you this real warm, relatable feel to the song that no doubt listeners are going to love.
The chorus is the most poignant part of
 I Got That From You and thanks to Christina's emotional vocal delivery it really allows you to dive into your own past, whilst you are listening making it even more special for us listeners.  
The second verse of I Got That From You continues with the part of our lives which see us grow up and develop into adults, whilst also singing about the family traditions we then take into our own lives as adults - it's such a beautiful song that the lyrics within this verse move me especially heading into the chorus. The more, I hear the chorus the most emotional, I become and you know what I even cried a few times.
The instrumental solo ahead of the bridge was wonderfully timed allowing for bridge to be even more poignant.
I loved that fact that I Got That From You ended with the chorus as it allowed for Christina's vulnerability to shine through once more ending the song perfectly.

You can follow Christina on her Social Media
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY