WHY THIS WEEK'S EMMERDALE WEDDING EPISODES HAVE BEEN GREAT VIEWING
The weeks worth of Emmerdale episodes have seen Dawn Fletcher and Joe Tate at the forefront who were set to get married with a lot of drama along the way, with some emotional moments.
*Thank you, Emmerdale for the different parts of the day in the intro's*
Monday's episode (24th August) set the week up brilliantly as it began with an excited Joe Tate as the groom and Graham Foster shared a heart-to-heart, whilst Dawn worried about her next move with Billy Fletcher, but Dawn using her dad Will Taylor's death to play Kim Tate was a harsh move. The way that Dawn stood up for herself to Graham over Joe admitting that she loves Joe despite everything, as Graham stood up for Joe left Dawn questioning Billy's 'work accident'. However, Caleb Milligan told Joe about Dawn leaving him and leaving with Billy as Joe's world came crashing down.
Wednesday's episode (26th August) saw the moment Dawn opened her eyes, and realised that Billy played her, whilst Caleb continued to play with Joe's mind as Dawn needed answers from Billy.
As Dawn got answers from Billy, you could see the hurt in Olivia Bromley's eyes which we brilliantly delivered - Dawn realising that she should have believed Joe all along. Dawn's harsh truths to Billy were very much needed in my opinion after all this time. I do enjoy Jay Kontzle and Olivia Bromley scenes though. As a viewer, the annoyed/ hurt Dawn is the best version of the character as she drove straight over to Ruby and Caleb as she asked about Joe, whilst Joe went to the wedding tent which Joe smashes up - Joe looked like a lost puppy as Dawn arrived and in her wedding dress with her admitting that everyone lied to her, and its the emotional dialogue between the pair that I enjoyed as these characters have been on one hell of a journey together. *Loved the final scene teaser*
Photo Credit: ITV/ Emmerdale
Thursday's episode (27th August) continued with flashback to the crash ending before to returning to current day with Joe struggling calling out for Dawn as Graham continued to be trapped. With Joe pleased to hear Dawn calling, it was the realisation of Jimmy King being the one in the car, whilst Nicola and Laurel Thomas were unaware of what was going on. It was nice to see Dawn and Jimmy scene despite the sadness as Nicola arrived on scene calling for help, however it was the heart-to-heart between Nicola and Jimmy that made me emotional especially as Jimmy realised he wasn't getting out, but the ring he gave Nicola saw the tears roll mixed with the flash-forward thank you for the wonderfully written script, Adam Sales. Dawn and Joe's heart-to-heart was beautifully written, Olivia Bromley and Ned Porteous' dialogue was delivered brilliantly.
There was something about tonight's episode that was the old Emmerdale, I know and enjoy.
The aftermath continued into the Friday's episode (28th August) as Joe was rushed to hospital, and Nicola told Laurel Thomas about Jimmy following a phone call from Manpreet with Laurel's supporting continuing as she told the children later in the episode, as a viewer it was also nice to see the drama amongst certain characters continue, whilst giving us viewers the community feel many of us enjoy as the news of Jimmy's death began to break around the village. Dawn opening up to Kim about what happened earlier in the day followed by Dawn giving birth amongst the drama was something, I kind of gave up of expecting even though, I thought it could happen.
However, for me it Tonight's episode (Sunday 30th August) that was the emotional one as although we knew Olivia Bromley who played Dawn Fletcher was leaving, I didn't quite think it was going to be after this accident - I thought she would have possibility had a happy ending, how wrong was I! I have to admit Dawn and Joe's final conversations discussing their newborn son's name was a poignant final scene for the character - I also never expected Joe to break down the way he did at Dawn's bedside after he was told about Dawn's death. However, it was the silent moments at the end of the episode that spoke the loudest. I do think Gabby knows more than she is letting on.
These past few episodes have shown what fantastic actors Olivia Bromley who will be missed a lot by us viewers, alongside Ned Porteous who's portrayal as Joe Tate had been nothing but brilliant, and I can't wait to see what's next for the character.
The Emmerdale episodes mentioned aired between Monday 24th - Sunday 30th August at 8pm on ITV1, and ITVX/ YouTube from 7am.

I agree and all the actors have been exceptional
ReplyDelete