*INTERVIEW* KARISSA ELLA TALKS ABOUT HER LATEST SINGLE, THE COUNTRY

This week's interview with Karissa Ella who released her latest single, The Country on Friday 24th July. I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to catch up with to talk about this single, and plans for the rest of 2026.

Hello Karissa, You recently released The Country, can you please tell us a little about the song?
The Country is really just a big thank you to the people who make our everyday lives possible. I think we all enjoy the food on our tables, the clothes on our backs, and the roofs over our heads, but we don't always stop and think about where it all starts. This song is a fun, feel good reminder that so much of what we use every single day comes from the country and from the hardworking people who make it happen.

How have you found the response to the song?
It's been so cool! I've had people from all walks of life reaching out saying, “What a great reminder” Or just simply loving the whole vibe of the song! It’s been great feedback!

I have to ask as a lover of music, was there a certain reason/ situation behind the writing of The Country?
Honestly, it all started because one of my co-writers, Garrett, made a really interesting observation while he was stuck in traffic. We were talking about Nashville and how the country music capital of the world has changed so much over the years. With all the new high rises and skyscrapers going up, he pointed out that none of it would exist without the hardworking people out in the country producing the materials to make cities possible.
We all kind of looked at each other and were like... wait a second... everything comes from the country!
From there, we just started throwing out examples of all the things we use every day, and it was honestly kind of crazy how long the list got. Once we realized that, the song came together really naturally. We wanted it to be a fun summer song, but also one that makes people stop and go, "Huh... I never really thought about it like that."

You highlight hardworking families, farmers and small town families, communities which for me as a farmers granddaughter and niece is something that is brilliant to see highlighted.
First of all, I love hearing that because that's exactly who this song is for. Those communities don't always get the recognition they deserve. The people out there are working before the sun comes up so the rest of us can live our everyday lives. If this song makes even one person appreciate that a little more, then we've done our job.


What made you feel like now was the perfect time to release The Country?
Honestly, summertime just felt like the perfect time for it. It's one of those roll the windows down, turn it up, and sing along kind of songs. I also felt like people could use something that was just positive! There's plenty of heavy stuff going on in the world, and I wanted to put out a song that makes people smile but also leaves them thinking a little differently about the hardworking people who make our everyday lives possible.

Finally, I have to ask how long did it take to write, record, and release The Country?
The writing actually came together pretty quickly once we landed on the idea, and that's usually a good sign. Recording is always my favorite part because that's when you finally get to hear the song come to life. Then comes everything people don't always see... filming videos, creating artwork, planning the release, social media, and all the little details in between. Releasing a song definitely takes a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, but hearing people connect with it makes every bit of it worth it.

Quickfire Questions

What was the easiest and hardest part of The Country to write? The easiest part was definitely the chorus. Once we landed on that hook, everything started falling into place. The hardest part was making sure the verses covered enough examples without feeling like we were just making a grocery list because we could go on and on!

Did you the chorus or the verses first? The chorus! That's where the whole idea clicked.

How would you describe The Country in one word? Gratitude

As an artist how did you decide on a single's release? I felt it was perfect for summertime and would be a great song to crank up in the car and sing a long to!

With us only having 4 months of 2026 left, what are your plans for the rest of the year? My plans are to keep releasing music and playing shows!

Before you go, you can I can't help myself by ask is coming to the UK on the cards in 2027?
I really hope so, I would absolutely love that! I've never played over there, but country music has such an amazing fanbase in the UK. I have a few things in the works, so be on the look out!

Thank you very much for your time, Karissa. It's always an honour to speak with you.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to chat with me and for supporting my music. Hopefully, I'll get to see you in person somewhere down the road... maybe even in the UK!

You can follow Karissa Ella on her Instagram here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEXT WEEK ON EMMERDALE: AARON WORRIES THAT ROBERT'S HAD A BREAKDOWN AS JOHN'S ASHES ARRIVE

*OPINION* ARE ROBERT AND AARON ON THEIR WAY BACK TO ONE ANOTHER?

*OPINION* WHY ROBERT AND AARON'S PROPOSAL ON CORRIEDALE WAS BRILLIANTLY TIMED