INTERVIEW WITH HALLE KEARNS AS SHE RELEASES HER BRAND NEW EP, QUARTER LIFE CRISIS

Today's (Friday 21st June) interview is with Halle Kearns which supports the release of her Quarter Life Crisis EP, a few weeks ago I caught up with Halle Kearns as she releases this magical EP.

Hello Halle, Congratulations on Quarter Life Crisis being released today - how are you feeling about it?
I am so genuinely excited to have a new project out. Singles are so fun, but watching all of them come together to create a piece of work always feels super rewarding!

Can you please tell us about how you decided on the 6 songs for the EP?
Each of the 6 songs pull from different emotions and circumstances that come with being in a quarter-life-crisis. It felt like each song served its own purpose in relaying the overall message of the EP’s theme!

You played a selection of these shows during your visit to London for C2C back in March, how was that for you?
C2C was one of my favorite musical experiences I’ve had to date. I cannot wait to come back and play in London again!

You take listeners on a journey through your life within these 6 songs, was this the aim?
This was absolutely the aim! These songs are all very true to where I’ve been mentally the last couple of years - finding myself, then losing her again. It’s all a part of the journey, and I love sharing this with my listeners!

You have managed to capture every kind of emotion within these 6 songs, did that side of the songs make easy or did you just write from the heart?
I always write from the heart, for sure! I think finding the theme was easy once reflecting on some of the songs that I had been writing.

You got married last year, and I think the final track is a beautiful tribute to him and your relationship journey and you are so lucky to have someone like that. How was that song to write, and how did he respond to the song when you showed him?
That is SO sweet to say. I love my husband very much and he definitely carries me through a lot of situations, but this song is actually about my relationship with God! He is the thing that truly carries me through all the highs and lows of life. He’s my one consistent, and the One Thing that makes sense of my quarter-life-crisis.

Photo Taken By Me During C2C 2024

There is so much vulnerability within the songs that I have to thank you for sharing as I was able to relate with many of them like I think many other people will too.
Thank you so much for saying that, Kellie!

Settlin' Kind is one of my favourites and the message within the song is brilliant with that mutual respect of how everyone's journey in life is different and that's OK - a message that is very much needed for many people at the moment, thank you for writing music like this.
So so kind. This song represents multiple different mindsets I’ve been in just in my life alone. I think it brings a good perspective that people really do have different paths, and it also is completely okay to change your mind and let your dreams shift with that!

Just out of curiosity how long did Quarter Life Crisis take to write and record?
I believe “Settlin’ Kind” was the first song written on this project, and I think it was sometime around a year ago! So from there, a slow rollout of songs were written from that point. I have a lot more that didn’t fit in with this theme that I’m so excited to eventually roll out too!

How do you describe Quarter Life Crisis in 3 words?
Wonderment, Confusion, and Discovery.

Before I let you go, I have to ask about your plans for the rest of 2024?
More music more music, and I am on the road all fall with Mason Ramsey! I also have a few surprises up my sleeve *smiles*.

Thank you for your time, Halle. I look forward to speaking to you again soon.
You’re the best, Kel! Talk soon!

You can follow Halle on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES