HELEN WORTH SET TO LEAVE CORONATION STREET

I can't believe I am sharing this news as Gail Platt now Rodwell is one of the characters I remember from my childhood after Coronation Street announced that Helen Worth will be leaving the cobbles later this year.

Helen will celebrate her golden anniversary on the show next month, and will be a momentous occasion for her in more ways than one. With Helen celebrating 50 years on the cobbles, she will also be looking forward to a very different future after Helen has made the very difficult decision to step down from playing Gail Rodwell at the end of the year. I feel emotional as I am writing and sharing this news.

After half a century from the moment she walked onto the cobbles for the very first time, viewers will see Helen and Gail bid farewell in a major storyline for the Platt family. I'll be sure to have the tissues ready when from the moment comes, it'll be interesting to see how the storyline airs whatever it is.

Photo Credit: ITV/ Coronation Street

Talking of her exit, Helen Worth commented:“This year felt like the perfect time to leave the show after celebrating 50 years in the most wonderful job on the most wonderful street in the world. I made the decision at the start of the year and spoke to the producers who were very kind and understanding. “I have been truly blessed to have been given the most incredible scripts week in week out, and to have worked with fantastic actors, directors and a brilliant crew. The past 50 years have flown by and I don't think the fact that I am leaving has quite sunk in yet.”

Helen will start filming her exit story next month and the emotional scenes will be on screen at the end of the year.

Coronation Street airs on ITV1 Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's at 8pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ISABELLE SMITH TALKS ABOUT THE UPCOMING HOLLYOAKS EPISODES

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - ISABELLE SMITH CAPTURES THE EMOTIONAL AND VULNERABLE SIDE OF FRANKIE BRILLIANTLY

HOLLYOAKS REVIEW - FRANKIE OPENED UP AS ISABELLE SMITH DELIVERS SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES