EP REVIEW - ALANA SPRINGTEEN - TWENTY SOMETHING: GETTING IT RIGHT

Columbia Records NY/ Sony Music Nashville artist-songwriter, Alana Springsteen today (Friday 18th August) releases the final installment of Twenty Something album.
Twenty Something: Getting It Right is made up of 6 brand new songs.

Taylor Did begins with a guitar instrumental that heads straight into the first verse which filled with many Taylor Swift song lyrics that's the moment I realised the meaning behind this song, and one I really started to appreciate. The chorus is an empowering one as it takes you on a journey through Taylor's country era alongside lyrics that get you thinking and listening closely. Taylor Swift fans will really appreciate this song, however, for me it was the moment we hear Alana bringing in her own journey with the second verse being the most beautiful. There is so much I want to say that I don't think will come close, so I'll just say thank you, Alana for writing such a beautiful song filled with such appreciation! As well as a massive thank you to Taylor for allowing Alana to achieve her dream through your determination.

Different Kinda Country is a fantastic country based song that I caught myself listening to very closely. Everyone's version of country is valued even if it's not the same as most people got me thinking about all the different kinds of people I have met at C2C with a different understanding of what being country means to them, understanding is the key to growing the country music genre. The chorus is an upbeat one, whilst full of her own experiences for what being country means to Alana. This song is one I know I will be having on repeat for a long time.

Photo Credit: Lily Nelson

Cowboys & Tequila starts with an upbeat instrumental that I really thought supported the song, thanks to the different song lyrics that were used throughout giving us the beautiful original song. Cowboys & Tequila reminded me of C2C and all those memories that just come flooding back after enjoying yourself so much. To say that Cowboys & Tequila takes you on a journey through the lyrics would be an understatement as the lyrics get you thinking and listening closely.

Thinkin' Straight has an funky instrumental that I loved as it's a little different to what I was excepting. Thinkin' Straight is a wonderful girls night out getting ready song as it's a relatable one as it gets you thinking of those happy times with friends when you bump into that guy. The chorus features many catchy lyrics whilst allowing us to explore a different side of who Alana Springsteen is as an artist made me love and appreciate her music even more.

Look I Like was one song that had me listening extremely closely too, and the lyrics are beautiful throguhout allowing for some incredible songwriting to be showcased from start to finish. However, the chorus saw a real vulnerability highlighted. The fact that we know our type of people as we head into a relationship especially when they are stood right in front of us, whilst hoping they are not in a relationship.

Amen suits the Alana Springsteen style, I know and love as it is filled with such emotion and honesty as you hear some vulnerability shine. The chorus is filled with beautiful storytelling with the song being about finding yourself! As well as learning things about ourselves as we go and understanding why we do what we do. The fact that as the song continues Alana looks to the future and that it's OK to not have a timeframe! The final verse is a little softer as it headed into the chorus which is a stunning end for the song.

You can follow Alana on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY