WHY CINDY BEALE'S RETURN TO EASTENDERS IS BRILLIANT

I won't pretend that I was entirely pleased when I heard about Cindy Beale's return to the show, but since the episodes have aired I have to say I absolutely loved it.

There was something so fantastic about Michelle Collins coming back to EastEnders even if I do still have lots of questions about her return and her past, but knowing EastEnders the writers will tell us when they want us to know (which I hope is soon!) Even though I had guessed Cindy was going to be Anna and Gina Knight's mum the moment I remembered that Cindy had a sister called Gina - it was fantastic to see it revealed in Wednesday's episode (21st June).

However, it was Thursday's episode (22nd June) that saw the viewer in me very happy with the return of Lauren Branning played by the brilliant Jacqueline Jossa as well as the original Peter Beale in Thomas Law being a fantastic move as there was something about the first Peter's vulnerability that was brilliant and it was interesting to see how Thomas and Jacqueline would pair together, but it worked really well. I really hope that this isn't the end for Lauren, and Jacqueline returns on a permanent basis soon. For me Thursday's episode had the biggest twist with Lauren and Peter.

I loved the performances from Jacqueline and Michelle as Lauren laid into Cindy after her daughter, Lucy's death and rightly so there was so much that needed to be said showing us what a strong character Lauren has become.

The scene at the end of Thursday's episode (22nd June) between mother and son at the pool was wonderful to see as it was brilliant to see the dynamics between both characters and actors who haven't seen each other in a long time, I am really looking forward to exploring their back stories in their times off screen.

I have nothing but praise for Chris Clenshaw for knowing exactly what us fans want from the show and the dedication is appreciated.

These episodes of EastEnders aired on Wednesday 21st & Thursday 22nd June on BBC1 as well as iPlayer where you can catch up too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY