EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES

During this week's visits to the Yorkshire Dales based soap, Emmerdale viewers saw Amelia Spencer struggle with her health scare this is something I found a little hard to watch reminding me of my own little scare last year - which is slowly getting treated, but it's something that'll affect me for the rest of my life.

Earlier this week, Amelia bumped into Noah Dingle pretending that she doesn't want anything to do with him when deep down she misses him and wants his help!
Who isn't loving the Amelia and Mandy Dingle scenes in the salon. Daisy Campbell and Lisa Riley work brilliantly together.
As Amelia opened up to Victoria Barton about what would happen to her daughter, Esther if anything was to happen. Felt emotional listening to these conversations as these are ones that most people need no matter how hard they are.

As Amelia went to see Manpreet Sharma at the surgery bringing back flashbacks of my own experience in similar position last year, however in the playground after phone call bought little tear to my eye as those quick appointments make us feel anxious. There was a lot of vulnerability in these scenes.

Photo Credit: ITV/ Emmerdale

Many stand out moments for Daisy Campbell came in Friday's episode (14th April) as viewers saw Amelia show a lot of vulnerability and being honest I found certain scenes hard to watch with the emotions shown from Daisy's portrayal with it being exactly a year ago, I was going through tests myself - powerful!

At the bus stop, viewers saw an anxious and scared Amelia open up to Samson Dingle about her health and hospital appointment. I got frustrated by his reaction especially as he wasn't listening to what she was saying and telling her she's selfish - I was angry it's those words you don't need to hear when going through a tough time.

In the hospital, Amelia despite how scared she was she faced her fear despite how scared she was. I'll never forget how I feel entering the room for my tests and Daisy's facial expression and emotions wow, I saw so much of myself in that vulnerability situation especially when they said ultrasound aren't clear (those words are so scary). The result wait is the worst and one that no one truly understands until you have been through it. It's these moments that you need your mum, and until I was writing this I realised that Amelia doesn't have this figure in her life.

In the final scene of the episode, an emotional Amelia opening up to Noah about where she really was and the emotions were pure and super honest, more importantly for me it showed such a vulnerability that most people feel going through health scares. Noah listening and assuring her when needed was fantastic to see as we all need that one person for support knowing they are on our sides through the good and bad - Noah is definitely that support for Amelia.

How I made it to the end of the episode I'll never know!
Daisy, I have nothing but praise for your acting in this episode!
Massive thank you Dawn Harrison for a brilliantly written episode tonight and Sean Healy for the direction.

If you are worried, please look at the NHS website for information.

These episodes of Emmerdale aired between Monday 10th - Friday 14th April on ITV1 at 7.30pm and ITVX with one hour on Thursday evenings.

Comments

  1. What a powerful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most excellent blog I have seen for a long time. You are very talented & thorough. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY