DEBUT EP REVIEW - NORTHERN SOUVENIRS - NEXT STOP

This Friday (29th January) will see British singer-songwriting duo, Northern Souvenirs who are made up of Lisa MacGregor and Alex Varey as they release their debut EP, Next Stop.
Next Stop is made up of 4 songs.

Next Stop was produced, engineered and mastered by North Traiphob Sangkum and co-produced by Chris Hampson.

Photo Credit: Jakkrid Siripanich

Regent Street has an upbeat guitar instrumental which happens to start the song off wonderfully especially with Lisa's vocals starting the song off, however at the song goes into its first verse Alex is on lead vocals which allows the listeners to hear more of Alex's wonderful vocal range with Lisa complimenting his vocals beautifully. The lyrics throughout Regent Street are wonderfully sweet and ones that allow you to paint your own picture to the songs lyrics. The chorus features some incredibly heartfelt lyrics that I caught myself going off into my own little world as I was hearing them. The second verse continues Regent Street with Lisa's turn on lead vocals which I have to say change the tone of the song in a way I wasn't expecting. I love how the dynamic of the song changes that also shows how much Alex and Lisa have grown as artists. It's amazing how all the verses blend perfectly into the chorus, and especially as it enters into the t    hird verse which is very different to the other verses with both Lisa and Alex taking on lead vocals.

My Page was Northern Souvenirs debut single. My Page starts with an sweet little guitar instrumental. Lisa's softer vocals opening My Page. The first verse sees Alex start the verses off with his wonderful vocal to giving a real feel for what the song is about and the moment Lisa comes in - the harmonies are on fire. The lyrics are wonderful to hear and one a lot of people will be able to relate too in regards on their childhoods. The moment, Lisa took over vocals the song took to another level. The chorus features some wonderfully beautiful lyrics that give you feels for the sort of artists that are and that they aren't afraid to write from the heart. I love the way that they are determined to help each other and be each others My Page, a beautiful meaning was discovered within the song for me. The second verse continues My Page wonderfully as the lyrics continue with Alex's vocals as you get to hear the other side of the lyrics and there meaning which can be taken in age way which is great. The final verse of My Page sees the song tie everything beautifully whilst still being able to paint a wonderful picture in our heads towards the lyrics. My Page ends with the chorus which for me is just wonderful and ends the song beautifully.

Niagara Falling starts with a dreamy guitar instrumental which I have to admit gives me some summer vibes, and one I loved hearing.  The first verse sees Alex take the lead which is quickly enjoyed by Lisa's harmonies which happens to blend the song together beautifully especially with the lyrics that are being sung. The chorus features some incredibly poignant lyrics which I can't help but find mind blowing with the honesty, and the amount of realness within them. I'm speechless. I adore the message within the song so much that it made me cry the more, I heard it! Lisa and Alex harmonies are everything thanks to the meaning of the song. The second verse continues Niagara Falling wonderfully as Lisa and Alex both took on this verse that complimented the lyrics of the verse wonderfully, and this is another song which Lisa and Alex have laid their hearts out with. The final verse of Niagara Falling features Lisa's vocals on the lead which is just amazing to hear as all we have heard is her harmonies. Niagara Falling ending with the chorus is something, I adore so much about this song as the chorus sounds every different but in a way I love thanks to their beautiful harmonies being demonstrated
a little bit more.

Clocking Up Miles starts with a slower, and softer guitar instrumental which sets the song up wonderfully. The first verse of Clocking Up Miles sees Lisa take the lead vocals on this verse supported by an acoustic guitar which compliments her vocal tone beautifully. The lyrics are ones that a caught myself listening to extremely closely as they remind of that time we could all travel, and explore many places whilst also creating many more incredible memories. Next up is Alex on vocals which I caught myself getting a new meaning and appreciation for the song which allowed me to feel rather sentimental at times within the chorus. There is something so very special about Alex and Lisa's stunning vocals throughout this song. The lyrics within the second verse continues with a beautiful tone, whilst allowing the listeners the chance to reminisce on their travel memories. The final verse of Clocking Up Miles is rather special and connects the meaning of the song beautifully together.

You can follow Northern Souvenirs on their Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY