C2C POP UP STAGE HIGHLIGHTS

Over the past weekend saw the return of Country 2 Country at The O2 Arena after 2 years, and I thought I would share with you some moments I enjoyed from the pop up stages because my god there were many incredible ones.
All the artists that I had the opportunity to discover were wonderful and put on a great show. It was fantastic to be back in the building with so many country fans, it was definitely worth the wait! 

Photo taken by me

Jess Thristan performing The Old Me was the highlight of the whole weekend on this stages, as like I've said to Jess many times the lyrics speak volumes, and this weekend I definitely felt like I am slowly getting the old me back there is a long way to go but it's coming. However, when Jess performed a brand new song about the loss of a love one had me rather emotional (and I can't wait for Jess to release it!) Jess thank you for also being the nicest person. I really appreciate everything you did for me this weekend.

Photo taken by me

Kaitlyn Baker was an artist, I was super excited to see in 2020 but you know what her music over the past 2 years has helped me even more than I thought ever possible so hearing her live was just incredible for me. Kaitlyn performing Drinkin' Hours and Hound Dog my god were they the songs I sang the loudest whilst also remaining calm hearing her sing them live.

Photo taken by me

Jess Moskaluke is an artist, I discovered in the March of 2020 thanks to a fellow blogger, Sammie tweeting about her and from the moment on I have loved her so getting the opportunity to hear her live was a fantastic one! Jess' set was nothing short of wonderful and the audience loved her. I am very excited for what's to come for her over the next few months of 2022.
Hearing Jess sing Mapdot, my god where the tears rolling!

Eleri Angharad is one artist, I have a feeling that 2022 is going to be an amazing one for not only is she a fabulous singer-songwriter but she is also the sweetest person who has time for everyone.
One thing I loved about the show yesterday was the moment that Jess Thristan stepped in giving Eleri her guitar to allow her to finish her set - this is why I adore supporting artists like this. Eleri handled the whole situation with a lot of grace and humour allowing people to see the person behind the musician side of herself (hopefully you get what I am trying to say!)

Photo taken by me

Harleymoon Kemp was amazing she's been on my list of artists to see since the very moment she released her music, it was an amazing moment. Harleymoon was definitely overwhelmed during her Icon stage set on Saturday, but how incredible. However, getting the opportunity to hear during her Sunday set at The Big Entrance Stage was incredible. Harleymoon is an artist, I am very excited to see where 2022 takes her thanks to the wonderful feelings she gives off. The support she has from her fellow UK singer-songwriters, family, friends, and fans having time for every single one of them. Refund was my favourite new song.

Photo taken by me

Danny McMahon well, well, well where does this girl start! I started following his musical journey back in December 2017 (if I am right?) and my god Saturday morning in the Icon Stage was the most incredible moment as he played a packed out stage with people staying and enjoying his music the look on his face you got see how overwhelmed he was making it even more special.
On the Garden stage yesterday morning, Danny performed again and I loved how many people were discovering him for the very first time and the look on their faces were wonderful. Danny you were one of my standouts of the whole weekend.

Laura Oakes well where do I start. Every single time I get the opportunity to hear her live I get goosebumps first saw her in 2015 supporting Dexeter at The Stables then in 2019 back at that venue for a country roadshow. 2022's performance show so much developed and the songs had the audience loving and singing along. Laura is one an artist, I planned on hearing and actually achieved, one I'll never forget. Welcome to the family is one song that will forever hold a place in my heart.

Kezia Gill was an artist I adore getting the opportunity to see once again (twice in 7 weeks) my god what a full crowd and being at the front I felt so lucky to witness such an incredible UK talent because my god this woman is insane.
Kezia definitely knows how to keep an audience interested and happy through, the smile on her face said everything. Bring on the 2022 Kezia singles.

Tim Prottey-Jones - WOW, an artist I knew I enjoyed the music of, but getting the opportunity to hear him live (at the Garden Stage yesterday) was fantastic, Tim definitely knows how to hold a song and the audience. Everything about his set was fabulous what a singer-songwriter.
My favourite moment was when he bought up Kezia Gill to sing Cotton Eyed Joe - the harmonies perfect! The audience loved it. This was one set I won't forget in a while.

I also saw three others artists but I wasn't there for their whole sets to give my honest opinion - Twinnie, Katy Hurt, Essex County, and Ruthie Collins (can't wait to see her later this week).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY