GIG REVIEW - ROYAL SOUTH SHOW IN MILTON KEYNES

Last night (17th October), I had the privilege of seeing Royal South made up of 3 wonderful singers - Sara Beth, Glen Mitchell and Vickie Vaughn.
Royal South played The Stables in Milton Keynes and what a wonderful venue it is!

(The songs are not in order)

Royal South started their set of with the single they are set to release on Friday 18th January 2019 Cry, Cry which started the set of amazingly and their harmonies were perfectly stunning. I loved how wonderful Sara Beth, Glen and Vickie sounded as a trio and that we were definitely in for a treat that weekend.
Rearview was a new song to me last night and I completely adored it and I loved the audience participation from the start with their clapping which made the song even more magical. Seeing Sara Beth, Vickie and Glen's faces as we continued the clapping was magical - the facial expressions said it all. I loved the vibes throughout this song very magical.
Song About You was a song that showed of Sara Beth's stunning vocals but always allowed Glen and Vickie's instrumental skills shine throughout. I loved how funky and upbeat this song is and takes me into a different world.
Something About It is one song that makes me emotional and everytime I hear it live I cry, last night was no different. I instantly connected with the lyrics and hearing Sara Beth sing it live was just sensational along with Vickie and Glen's wonderful harmonies really completed the song and gives it so much dynamic - which I adore!
Miss You Anywhere was one of my favourite songs of Sara Beth's and hearing her perform it live last night I was rather emotional because the lyrics to me make me miss all my friends who have missed on and the chorus is so catchy that I felt myself at times holding back the tears but Sara Beth did such a cracking job!
Nowhere With You is the song that started my love for Sara Beth and her music. Everytime I hear this song live I am absolutely blown away and last night was no different - I even got goosebumps. I loved the instrumental skills from Glen and Vickie throughout. The audience was completely taken in by this song which was amazing to see.
Anything is Possible is another song that I never get bored of hearing and my god it's even better live and Sara Beth's vocals were just amazing with Vickie and Glen's supporting sounded amazing.
I'm doing alright is a new song from this extremely talented trio which made everyone smile with their catchy lyrics and their vocals.
Champagne is a song that we new to me and what a wonderfully catchy song it was and one that The Royal South demonstrated their wonderful harmonies and Sara Beth's vocals were fabulous.
And they performed a brand new song called Ssh! which was just the most catchy songs from their set for me and I loved it because the blend of their voices was just wonderful. I have to admit the audience loved this song.

Also, Glen took to the stage to perform 2 of his own songs Amazing Again and Broken with Vickie and Sara Beth providing wonderful backing vocals and my god Glen gets better and better every show I see him at! Amazing Again is my favourite songs of yours and the lyrics are just incredible along with being super powerful and I absolutely adore the meaning the song gives off!
Broken was a new one to me but I have to say I instantly loved it.

Vickie also got the opportunity to sing two songs (and although I can't remember the titles of them) they were amazing - Vickie's vocal tone was something I didn't expect if I am honest but it was incredible to be wrong. Vickie makes The Royal South!

The final song of their set was a cover of John Denver Take Me Home, Country Roads which was just the highlight for me of the evening in which the audience were all singing along too and enjoyed it. Their harmonies were wonderful and each of them had a chance to shine which was wonderful to see because they made the audience smile. I love how they made this song their own and sound very current.

And, after The Royal South came back on stage they performed one last song which was a cover of No Scrubs which was just incredible and one I was singing along with from start to finish and the countrified version was just perfect showing of their harmonies and how wonderful they are!

(Sorry if I have missed any of the songs off but the list I made of the songs has disappeared. Sorry!)

'There is something so special and unique about The Royal South.'

You can follow Royal South on their social media

Comments

  1. Having watched sarabeth as a solo artist and then in a trio with the enigmatic Glen and the wonderful ace of bass Vicki Vaughan for a total of 5 times now they all still blow me away, sarabeth is super super talented, i only hope they get stronger and get more airplay. After all as sarabeth says anything is possible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY