SINGLE REVIEW - JESS THRISTAN - TIME OF OUR LIVES

Tomorrow (Friday 16th August) will see Yorkshire based singer-songwriter, Jess Thristan release her brand new single, Time Of Our Lives.
Time Of Our Lives is song about the addiction we have to Social Media these days.

What Jess has to say about Time Of Our Lives: "Time Of Our Lives sprouted from a conversation between myself and my co-writer Kaity Rae. The lyrics describe the way we use social media as a highlight reel for our lives, who’s going to see this? How do I look in this photo? Almost living as if we didn’t get a picture of this, it never happened. It’s something I think the majority of us are guilty of, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I love how this song is so fun but also has a strong message to it, and for me it’s about taking that time to step back from all of the things that cloud our minds about what we share online, and just live in and appreciate the moment more often than we might usually."

Time Of Our Lives is one song for me that from the very first lyric I found myself being able to relate too. The instrumental at the start and throughout is super moving and suits the song in the most magical way!
The first verse gives the song a really good insight to every single one of our lives and how we only use our social media accounts to share the good things in our lives but it's thanks to songs like this that can hopefully get us thinking that it is actually ok to post a negative thing (because let's be honest not everything in our lives is perfect all of the time).
The chorus is one I felt myself listening the most too because yes, I will admit I am guilty of doing what the lyrics are saying but then again I am sure I am not alone! But I have to admit after hearing this I definitely won't be afraid to share a little bit of negative.
The second verse shows of Jess' softer vocal tone and with it's emotional lyrics works so incredibly well. The lyrics are so brutally honest and I am so grateful to Jess and Kaity for writing this song!
The bridge is stunning and the lyrics that were chosen gave me chills and with Jess' softer vocal range it instantly connecting with me.

There is something incredibly unique about Time Of Our Lives and Jess' incredible song-writing along with Kaity Rae.
Time Of Our Lives is one song, I am sure a lot of people will be able to relate too!

You can follow Jess on her Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY