TOP 10 COUNTRY SONGS OF 2022

2022 has been a fantastic year for Country Music, and it's been so hard to chose a Top 10 of songs for my annual countdown. I found this so hard!

Callista Clark's Brave Girl is a song that from the very first moment, I heard it back in September a few days after my birthday I caught myself instantly connecting with the lyrics and every time I hear it I feel myself getting even more touched by the lyrics and their personally meaning to me. Along with It's Been A Year its my anthem of 2022.
I have to give a special mention to Callista's debut album, Real To Me The Way I Feel which is just incredible and there are so many songs on there that inspire me. The day I get to see Callista will be a magical one.

Ashley Cooke's It's Been A Year as this year has been me grow into the person I am today not being a afraid to chase my dream job, even learning from the rejection and becoming a stronger individual because of it - sometimes you just have to do what is right for you and ignore everyone else. The lyrics are ones that are relatable and along with Brave Girl is my anthem of 2022.

Lauren Hall's My Last is a song that I love due to the upbeat song and it being a little different from previous Lauren tracks which makes it even more special. Lauren is definitely one of my artists to watch in 2023.

Jade Helliwell's Woman I Am is one hell of a song and one of female empowerment the way that Jade isn't afraid to sing what most woman want to say, but struggle to makes it even more special. The unique and honest moments throughout the song are something rather beautiful, and Jade should be so proud of this song. One think I learnt through this song is what a woman Jade is and what a great artist she is.

Kelsea Ballerini's Doin' My Best due to the honesty within the songs lyrics, and there was something so special about this song that being the same age as Kelsea, you can hear the journey that she has been through during the past 2 years. The vocal tone is great as well as the softer tone allowing for many special moments to be made, however, it's the chorus that is makes the song for me as you can hear even more personally connection with the raw and honest lyrics.

Tenille Art's Jealous of Myself is one of those songs that I never knew I needed to hear until Tenille released it. What a powerful anthem, Jealous of Myself is! The honesty within the first verse and chorus are incredibly poignant - the vulnerability shines through giving me goosebumps when I first heard the song. The journey that the lyrics take you on as you process the break-up that has happened is such a credit to Tenille, and especially as it allows for her fans to hear another side of who she is as an artist. I am really excited about hearing this song live in February.

Tenille Townes' When's It Gonna Happen is a song that was released back in January that is filled with a lot of vulnerability and after hearing it live back in October during Country Music Week, the journey the song has taken me on this year alone is just incredible - one that has allowed me to believe in myself and the journey that I am on.

Photo taken by me

Priscilla Block's I've Gotten Good is another heartfelt song (think it's safe to say I love an emotional song). Priscilla's crisp tone allows for fans to hear another side of who Priscilla is as an artist whilst still remaining true to herself due to the sass. The chorus is filled with a lot of emotive lyrics which I personally enjoy hearing as you learn a lot about the artist's experiences. I have nothing but praise for Priscilla and I've Gotten Good.

The Shires' Side By Side is one beautiful song that I heard live back in January at The Stables having supported the duo before they were known in the country music scene it's been one hell of a journey for the pair, The vulnerability from Crissie on this track is stunning due to her softer vocal, but the harmonies from Ben as well as Crissie are gorgeous showing exactly why the British Country Music fans love this duo.

Kezia Gill's Like I Did Before the moment I heard this song during her Country Music Week Hub session, due to the emotional lyrics which are super honest and heartfelt reminding me of Grandma. Songs that you are able to have personal connection with are so important. The chorus is the part of the song that reminds me to continue making my Grandma proud and live the life she has always wanted for me. It's amazing how grief hits everyone so differently.

Also, I have to give a special mentions to Kylie Morgan's Songs to Say I Do EP as it features 5 special songs that I often have on repeat as they take you on a journey and one that is rather personally to Kylie which I think is why I enjoy listening to them as Kylie is a fantastic singer-songwriter and allowing us fans into her life. Skyamore's Pinto is one of my most played albums and one artists who's music for every mood I am in has a song for and those artists are so special to me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY