INTERVIEW WITH EMILY HACKETT ABOUT HER TIME IN THE UK AS PART OF LONDON'S COUNTRY MUSIC WEEK

Following Emily Hackett's visit to the UK for London's Country Music Week in which Emily performed twice at once supporting Tenille Townes on her debut headline show and then again on the Sunday as part of the Bluebird Cafe session at Bush Hall.

Good Afternoon, Emily. Hope you're well!
Thank you for agreeing to this interview with me.

I have to start by saying a massive congratulations to you on performing during London's Country Music Week last week, how was it?
It was wonderful. Such a great audience and experience getting to connect with everyone through my stories and songs. I loved meeting everyone afterwards as well.

Your first performance of the week was as one of Tenille Townes' support, how was that gig?
Such great energy in that room! Everyone was so excited for Tenille and her first headlining show, it was just an honor to be a part of it. I think we compliment each other well musically, so I was thrilled to be able to play for her loving audience.

How did you find the UK Country Music fans?
Honestly, they found me! I think there's such a desire for that kind of music over there because not a ton of locals are doing it. I think Spotify and Apple Music and such have also been helpful in putting songs on playlists that get into the ears of those who might not have found me otherwise.

A lot of artists that have been over have said how much the UK fans listen to the lyrics of your songs more than the US fans, did you find this?
Absolutely, especially live. Its hard to get people's attention these days regardless, but I did find that not only were audiences quiet and respectful at shows, but they also sang words back to me by the third chorus--on a brand new song! That's rare and very cool. 


Was there one song that you found the audience loved more during your set?
Was there one song that you found the audience loved more during your set?
"Once In A While" seems to be a universal moment I have with the audience. It just gets quiet and raw and I can truly sing those words with the same emotion I wrote them. It's always special.

You ended the week performing as part of the Bluebird Cafe show, how was that?
Just as beautiful as the first show of the week! Writer-rounds are such a normal thing in Nashville, I think we take it for granted how cool it is to share the stage in a way that we are directly supporting one another as individuals and songwriters. The audience gets chance to hear the stories and get a sort of writer-playlist live. The UK audience seemed to really enjoy that.

Did you enjoy meeting your UK fans after your shows last week?
Very much so! Everyone was so kind and supportive and asking me when I was coming back, upon which I said, "As soon as I possible can!"

Did you get any opportunities to attend any our of the shows during the week?
Unfortunately, I was so busy with co-writes on days I wasn't playing that I couldn't make it! Perhaps at C2C...

And finally before I let you go, I have to ask what are your plan for the rest of 2019?
Preparing to release more music in 2020! Stay tuned.
Thank you so much for your time today, Emily. Hope you have a safe flight home.

You can follow Emily on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY