EMMERDALE EPISODE REVIEW - OFFICIAL ROBRON WEDDING

Knowing that Maxine Alderton has written the episode I am so ecstatic that when I discovered this thanks to Danny's tweet in August after they filmed it - the fandom was so thrilled with the news it was like the filming news had reunited the fandom. And I also like the fact that Paul Copeland is directing the episode.

I feel like I have wanted so long for this wedding and tonight it is FINALLY happening!!

But when Emmerdale released there preview ahead of the next week last Friday (28.9.18), I was very happy with the chosen clip of the wedding on Aaron, Robert, Liv and Chas outside of The Woolpack and my god what a moment that hug between Chas and Aaron was.
I am TOO EXCITED for this episode!

Friday's episode was written by Maxine Alderton and directed by Paul Copeland.

The opening scene of the wedding episode which I have waited nearly 4 years for I am so excited that the first scene was just perfect for the start of their wonderfully special day! Was The when Aaron was with Chas having stayed at the pub on the eve of his wedding to the love of his life, Robert, where Aaron and Chas are both smiling. I loved the wonderfully heartfelt moment between mother and son on his very special day!
(Chas is at the window looking out at the world before she turns around and walks back to Aaron) Aaron: (sighs) 'Is it OK?' (looking down at his tie)
Chas: 'OK? I should get you one for every day of the week. (laughs) You sound like Robert.'
Chas: 'Yes, who we all heard coming up the stairs last night.'
Aaron: 'So, we didn't manage the traditional thing. (Chas laughs) Is that bad luck, or...'
Chas: 'Four years and you can't keep your hands off each other? Nothing bad about that, sweetheart. You've hit the jackpot.' (Aaron smiles)
Chas: (holding a flower) 'The florist told me that the colour means grace.'
Aaron: 'Then... she's with us.' (Chas and Aaron hug tightly)

The next time we saw Aaron and Robert was when Robert was standing out The Woolpack and Aaron was making his way to the front of The Woolpack with Liv and Chas. That moment Chas and Aaron hugged I got emotional that meant so much to them both, love how proud they both are of each other. Aaron and Robert in their matching suits how adorable.
 HOW HANDSOME TO ROBRON LOOK!!
I love that Liv has gone with the smart casual look and Chas in that red dress loved and it complimented Robert ad Aaron's suits.
(Robert turns around and sees Aaron in his matching suit. Robert's face he looked so happy to see Aaron. Aaron looks so nervous)
Robert: (takes a deep breath) 'You look incredible.'
Liv: (goes to stand next to Chas) 'You'll do. I suppose.'
Robert: 'How's that speech coming along?'
Liv: 'Good yeah. Plenty of time to add in some insults about you, your taste in blokes.' (Robert smiles)
Chas: 'Right. We'll see you down there. Ah, and don't you dare run off on your own again!'
(Chas hugs Aaron) Aaron: 'Thank you. (they hugs) For everything.'
Chas: 'Come on.' (Chas takes Liv's hand and they walk off)
(Aaron takes a deep breath) Robert: 'Are you ready?'
Aaron: 'Suppose. I'm not up to much else.' (Both smile and laugh and walk off happily to the ceremony together)

The next time we saw Aaron and Robert was when they arrived at outside the village hall ahead of their wedding - Aaron with his mum, Chas and Robert with Diane who's been like a mum to him for so long now, ready to walk them both down the aisle behind Liv who leads them in with Seb and Victoria followed. What a wonderful moment for both Chas and Diane. Love that Liv had a special part in leading them in. Aaron and Robert wedding was then officially getting underway infront of the village and Robert and Aaron smiles to each other as the wedding began melted my heart - you can see in their eyes how much getting married legally means to them both.
Officiator: 'Good Afternoon and welcome. We're here to celebrate Robert and Aaron's union. And to honour their love and commitment to each other. This place in which we are now met has been duly sanctioned according to law for the celebration of marriage. If any person present knows of any legal impediment to this marriage they should declare it now. (everyone is silent. Robert looks around) Lots of silence, wonderful. That's what we like. (Paddy smiles. Aaron giggles and Robert smiles) We'll now begin our ceremony with a reading from Victoria Barton.'

Love that it wasn't a typically wedding in which things are done but Victoria's speech which was so beautiful, raw and perfectly honest for her brother's special day despite everything over the past few days Victoria was determined to be there for her brother which was wonderful for them both on such a wonderfully special day! And the way Robert and Aaron looked at each other throughout - made me super emotional.
(Victoria gets up and walks to the front as Robert and Aaron go to the chairs at the side and sit down)
Victoria: 'He's not perfect, you aren't either, and the two of you will never be perfect. (looking at them both) But if he can make you laugh at least once, cause you to think twice, and if he admits to being human, and making mistakes, hold on to him and give him the most you can. He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment but he will give you a part of him he knows you could break. (Victoria looks at them) Don't hurt him, don't change him. And don't expect for more than he can give. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad... and miss him when he's not there. Love when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don't exist... but there's always one guy that is perfect for you.' (Robert and Aaron hold hands which I loved the close up camera angle too)

Back at the pagoda at the village hall Robert and Aaron are there where their families and friends are gathered ahead of their wedding. And my god is my heart beating - I have waited so long for this moment I am sobbing! Hearing Robert and Aaron say their vows I was a mess and crying them through exteremly happy tears - I've waited 4 years for this and it was FINALLY happened.
Thank you, Maxine for making this such a special moment for us fans.
Officiator: 'The purpose of marriage is that you always love, care for, and support each other through both the joys and sorrows of life. It is my duty to remind you of the solemn and binding character of the vows you are about to make. (Aaron takes a deep breath) Marriage in this country is the union of two people voluntarily entered into for life, to the exclusion of all others. Please repeat after me. I can upon these persons here present...'
Aaron: 'I call upon these persons here present...'
Robert: 'I call upon these persons here present...'
Officiator: 'To witness that I, Aaron Dingle...'
Aaron: 'To witness that I, Aaron Dingle...do take you, Robert Jacob Sugden..'
Robert: 'To witness that I, Robert Jacob Sugden... take you, Aaron Dingle..'
Aaron: '..to be my lawful wedded husband.' (Aaron's smile as he said it, how cute)
Robert: '..to be my lawful wedded husband.'
Aaron: 'I give you tis ring as a symbol of our love.' (places the ring on Robert's wedding finger and the close up on the watch!)
Robert: (places Aaron's ring on his wedding finger) 'All that I am, I give to you. And all that I have, I share with you.'
Aaron: 'I promise to be faithful and to be loyal, be loyal and to respect and cherish you...'
Robert: 'Throughout our lives together.'
Officiator: 'Robert and Aaron, you have made the declaration prescribed by law, and have made the solemn and binding contract with each other in the presence of your friends and family. I'm delighted to pronounce you husband and husband.' (CHEERS AND THEY KISS PASSIONATELY)

The next time we saw Aaron and Robert they were in The Woolpack when Robert gave a speech to everyone who attended their wedding today. Robert's words made me emotional as it reminded me of the old 2014 affair days and Robert struggling followed by Aaron's beautiful words and I am in pieces here. Their hug at the end was perfect! I was a sobbing a mess watching this scene!
Robert: (Glass clinks) 'Erm, my husband and I would like... (everyone cheers) My husband and I would like to thank you all for coming. Again. Most people don't get a second chance like this. Most people don't get as lucky as I am today. Because I get to spend the rest of my life...(looks at Aaron) this man. The bravest, kindest person I've ever known. He's taught me so much about accepting myself, about what love is, but mostly, that I'd be completely lost without him. So don't worry, you won't ever have to buy us another gift again, cos this time it's for good.' (laughter and applause)
Aaron: 'Er, (clears his throat) when I was trying to write this down I couldn't think of anything that was enough, really. And then.. this week happened, and erm.. it was so hard. (looks at Robert) But you got me through it, and, er, that says it all for me. You've always been there for me and you... you always make stuff better. and I know that's probably not enough, either, really, but, erm... Well, it's true and, erm... I love you. That's it.' (laughter and applause. Robert gets up and hugs Aaron)

Paddy then gets up and says a few words about Aaron which was just wonderful to see and I love that Paddy has finally decided to welcome Robert into his lives for Aaron's sake. Paddy's smile says it all along with the Paddy and Aaron hug. Paddy calling Aaron his son my heart melted, can't believe how far they have come in helping each other over the past few years!
Paddy: 'Erm, I wish I could go back in time... and I wish I could tell this... gobby, frightened lad that I used to know (looks back to Aaron) that he was gonna meet the man of his dreams and that he was gonna marry in front of the whole village.. (Chas looks at Aaron) without a care in the world. And I wish I could bottle the love in this room and take it back as proof. Can't do that, it's... it's not really practical! Er, but I can tell you how proud I am of him. Of how far he's come. And I can tell you what a comfort he's been over the past few days, er... And what an honour it is... to call him.. my son.' (Aaron and Paddy look up at each other)
All: 'Awww!' (applause. Then Paddy and Aaron hug)

Then it was Liv's turn for her best women speech and I was sobbing mess. Liv's speech including her first memory of meeting her brother and Robert was just emotional but I love that Liv believes that Aaron's had her back from day one!
Liv: 'Erm... the first time I met Robert, I kicked him in the balls! (everyone laughs) Yeah, erm, that was the day that Aaron found me, actually, and, erm, I think what sticks most about that situation was, erm, not Robert crying like a girl for ages, was actually that fact that I stole Aaron's wallet that day, and he didn't snitch on me to anyone. He was on my side, really, five minutes into knowing me. He has been ever since. So I just wanna say thanks for being two incredible brothers to me.'
All: 'Aww!' (applause. Liv and Aaron hug)

Then it was Chas' turn to say a few words and it broke me even more than Liv's one did. Chas calling Seb her grandson my heart is in pieces. Aaron holding in the tears is breaking me.
Chas: 'Right, well, erm, you all know about Grace.. and how everybody wanted us to cancel today, but, erm, but no, I wasn't doing that because... well, today, I got to see my beautiful, my beautiful baby boy all grown up and married. and, erm, that's very precious. (Seb starts to make a noise. Aaron gets up and sees to him in his pushchair) Right, erm, I would like to raise a toast to erm... these two, who are madly in love. And to the best, most beautiful son in the world, to my son-in-law and my first gorgeous grandson, to, erm, to the little sisters who are more like daughters... (looks at Liv) and to all the amazingly good times that I am gonna make damn sure that we have, OK? To... to Mr and Mr Sugden-Dingle.' (Laughter)
All: 'To Mr and Mr Sugden-Dingle!' (Chas and Aaron hug)

In The Woolpack, Aaron goes to see Victoria where he was determined to make things better between them for Robert's sake but all that Victoria is interesting in finding is her husband, Adam and who can blame her after everything - she loves Adam.

Back in the back room of The Woolpack, Aaron was with Seb and Robert walked in checking up on them which I completely adored. Robron are the strongest couple I know in soapland. I love that Robert is loving using the word husband with Aaron. My heart is bursting with pride.
(Aaron has Seb on his knee as Robert enters and closes the door)

The final scene of the episode which featured Aaron and Robert was when Aaron was in Robert's car ahead of him and Robert leaving for their honeymoon looking at his phone at a number which I can only take it as being Adam's however when Robert gets into his car the talk soon starts and Aaron manages Mr Sugden-Dingle. My heart was bursting with pride!!
(Aaron is looking at his phone and a certain number)
Robert: 'All set?'
Aaron: 'Yeah. I just hope that my mum and Paddy are gonna be all right.'
Robert: 'I don't mind staying.'
Aaron: 'No, it's gonna be good. Proper wedding, so proper honeymoon this time. Still think it should be Dingle Sugden, obviously.'
Robert: 'You were the one that said it sounded better.'
Aaron: 'I quite like it being Mr Sugden-Dingle first.'
Robert: 'I love you... Mr Sugden-Dingle first. (They kiss) Come on, put your foot down. Cos my real present is getting you out of that suit.' (starts the car engine and drive off to cheering and applause)

Sadly Chas broke down when returning into The Woolpack after the wedding and it's quiet. I wasn't prepared for this breakdown on Aaron's special day with Robert. But I am so glad Paddy was there for Chas they have been through so much, I actually wonder what is next for them as a couple.

FINAL word on the episode but with EVERY look toward each other right on queue growing us this incredibly happy couple.
EVERY I Love You was just perfect and right when you needed them and perfectly timed for the characters.
EVERY detail of the wedding and reception was incredibly decided and their chemistry was insane and genuine with their smiles saying it all every moment they were featured, what a wonderfully lovely wedding day for this pair.

You can watch the wedding scenes here.

Special mentions

Danny Miller and Ryan Hawley thank you for believing in both Aaron and Robert's journey throughout the past 4 years which have got us to this day.
Robron's journey has been so incredible to watch over the past 4 years and I am very excited for what's to come in the next chapter of their lives and what your acting will bring to the stories I am very excited. You both have broken me this week with your fabulous acting!

Isobel Steele thank you for being your incredibly self and bringing so much character to the role of Liv and being one of the most incredible actors at the young age you are and I am sure you have a wonderful future ahead in the role of Liv. Excited for what's to come for Liv and Robron. Your genuine friendship with both Danny and Ryan always shines through on screen.
Isobel - thank you will never be enough!

Lucy Pargeter you have broken me this week and you deserve to win an award alone for this week's scenes and tonight you broke me once again. You are one incredibly talented actress!

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THANK YOU GOES TO MAXINE ALDERTON for her wonderfully incredible script. Your writing is everything when it comes to Robert and Aaron because you know exactly how to write for these characters and I absolutely love that you are such a fan of these characters it shines through within your writing. Us Robron fans, can't thank you enough for tonight's episode - it didn't disappoint!!
I am so grateful it was her writing and Paul Copeland's directing because with these two and Robron they are the dream team because they believe so much in the characters that us as the audience adore it, so a MASSIVE THANK YOU to you both!!

ALL SCRIPTING USED BELONGS TO EMMERDALE - ITV

This episode of Emmerdale aired on Friday 5th October, 2018 on ITV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES