ALBUM REVIEW - MORGAN EVANS - THINGS THAT WE DRINK TO

This Friday (12th October) sees Australian singer-songwriter, Morgan Evans release his second studio album Things That We Drink To and I was kindly given the opportunity to review it.
Things That We Drink To is being released via Warner Music Nashville.
Things That We Drink To is made up of 11 songs.

Photo credit Joseph Llanes

I love the fact that Morgan's worn his heart on his sleeve when his written this album.

American has such a wonderful funky instrumental solo at the start before Morgan's wonderful vocals join in. The lyrics within the chorus are very catchy and very country which I just love. I love the story behind Morgan's song American from the lyrics its all about her journey growing up and falling in love with Kelsea who happens to be American. I can't help but sing along from the start to finish. Morgan's vocal tone is perfect and his ability shines throughout.

Kiss Somebody
is another one of my favourite songs and I love the meaning of Kiss Somebody and it's one of joy and happiness. The guitar instrumental at the start is just beautiful which is shortly joined by Morgan's wonderfully soft vocals which standout throughout. The first verse is the most beautiful and you can't help but picture the love of your life. The chorus is just beautiful and features incredibly beautiful catchy lyrics which I adore. I felt myself singing along with this song from start to finish and its the perfect road trip song. There is something so magically special about Morgan's songwriting which I just love.

I Do
is one of my favourite songs with his classic and simple introduction which is quickly joined by Morgan and his wonderful vocals. The verses feature some wonderful lyrics that make the song incredibly beautiful. The chorus is so catchy and gives you so many emotions and songs like this are rather magical plus it makes me wanna get up and dance. You can hear that Morgan is singing this song to his wife, Kelsea which makes it even more beautiful. Morgan's vocals are just perfect.
I love that Morgan has been so open about the writing for this song, writing it for his girlfriend, recording as her fiancé, and releasing as her wife.

Song For The Summer
has an electric guitar instrumental to start before Morgan's vocals quickly join in. The first verse is little upbeat and features some honest and heartfelt lyrics along with the message behind Song For The Summer seems to be a sad one but I love the way that Morgan has done it. The second verse is little catchy and when you listen to the lyrics along with the chorus which is super catchy I couldn't help but get emotional. Morgan's vocal range was fabulous shown. Song For The Summer is definitely a song that gets you thinking from start to finish.

Day Drunk
opens with a very different intro compared to the other songs so far which breaks the album up amazingly. The lyrics are super catchy throughout and I love that you can imagine your own story and I feel like most people can relate to these lyrics. The chorus is my favourite part of this song with it's super catchiness. The second verse is the most heartfelt verse which I like and I love the fact that Morgan's worn his heart on his sleeve when his written this album. In the middle of the song I liked the clapping and it gives the song so much energy.

Dance With Me (feat Kelsea Ballerini)
has a lovely guitar instrumental to start which stays without before Morgan's soft vocals come in. The first verse is rather heartfelt from Morgan which is stunning. When Kelsea joins Morgan on the chorus their harmonies are perfect and their voices work so incredibly well together. The lyrics are so heartfelt throughout Dance With Me. I adore the story telling from the lyrics and Morgan should be very proud of this song and what a great addition Kelsea is to this song of yours, Morgan it made me a little emotional if I am really honest!
Dance with Me in my new favourite song after hearing this album.

Me On You
has a softer instrumental to start which works incredibly well with Morgan's softer vocals. Me On You features some wonderfully heartfelt lyrics. You can feel the song moving along at the same pace of the relationship as the different verses begin. The chorus is very catchy and I couldn't help but sing along. There is something rather special about this song and there's something magical about hearing something from their point of view.

Things That We Drink To
has a wonderful uplifting instrumental from the piano from the start which is wonderful and gives the song so much life. The story behind the lyrics is just wonderful throughout and I caught myself thinking about my life along with what happens when you are out and being out with that one special person to us - I have no doubt that you will too when you hear this. The chorus is wonderfully catchy. Things That We Drink To is the perfect song to listen to as we prepare to go out in the future.

We Dream
has a very gospel feeling at the start with the choir which is quickly changed by Morgan on his own. I love the story telling within this song, it's so inspiring. I love that the choir is included in We Dream gives the song so much life and compliments Morgan's wonderful joyful lyrics. We Dream features incredibly beautiful and inspiring lyrics from start to finish which I just adore. There is something so magical about Morgan's song-writing ability and it shines on this song especially for me anyway!

Everything Changes
has a simple guitar instrumental throughout which is just wonderful and Morgan's vocals are higher pitched but it works amazingly. The verses are wonderful thought about and have a wonderful story to them and the chorus fits perfectly together. The chorus is exteremly catchy and I felt myself relating with every single word. Morgan's demonstrates his wonderful vocal range and the softer side at the end just suits the song perfectly!

Young Again
is a very funky and upbeat song right from the start. Morgan's vocals are wonderful throughout and the lyrics suit he's voice so much. The first verse sets the song of wonderful and can hear the meaning behind the lyrics. The chorus is catchy and one you catch yourself singing along with. I absolutely love the funny and happy vibes that Young Again gives you! Thank you for being such a lovely and happy guy and giving us this incredibly happy song!

You can follow Morgan on his Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY