ALBUM REVIEW - FRANKIE DAVIES - WHEREVER I GO

Tomorrow (Friday 26th October) will see Channel Islands based Jersey girl, Frankie Davies release her debut album, Wherever I Go.
Wherever I Go is made up of 11 songs.
Having been a fan of Frankie since I saw her at Jersey Live, I am thrilled that she is finally releasing an album, it's been a long time coming!

High On Love has a very funky and happy vibe from the start. The simple instrumental backing is so cleverly used and makes me smile from the start of the song to the very end. The lyrics are super catchy throughout and with the tone in Frankie's vocal gives them so much life. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics and compliments the verses lyrical amazingly. The verses are very fun and there is something so magical about Frankie's lyrical ability. You can definitely hear that this song represents Frankie as a person and I adore this!
I love that Frankie decided to film the video for High On Love in one of my favourite places in her hometown of Jersey - it's a gorgeous place.

Not Your Game starts with an electric guitar joined shortly by a drum instrumental which is quickly joined my Frankie's wonderful vocals. The verses are rather heartfelt and feature some wonderful lyrics which is something Frankie happens to do amazingly. The chorus is very upbeat and catchy which is exactly what I expected knowing Frankie's style of music. I felt myself singing along whenever it was repeated. The instrumental in the middle of the song breaks it up perfectly.
There is something so magical and unique about Frankie which I just love!

Wherever I Go starts with a soft instrumental before it's joined by Frankie's softer vocal. I absolutely adore that you can see the emotion Frankie's voice throughout the song which is so moving. The first verse is very moving and with meaningful lyrics you can feel every word that Frankie is singing.
The chorus is rather moving, gets me thinking about my loved one and the fact that they are always there for you no matter what! The verses are stunning and feature some of the most gorgeous lyrics I have heard in a long time. Frankie - your song-writing ability is golden.

Open Road starts with a stunning guitar instrumental which starts throughout before being joined quickly by Frankie and her stunning vocals. The first verse sets the song of to a great start with it's meaningful vocals. The chorus is beautifully stunning and features some rather beautiful lyrics. I couldn't help but sing along from start to finish. The three verses allow you to paint a picture which I just love about all the twists and turns you have faced in your life and that you will continue to face! Songs like Open Road are so magical and deserve so much care from the listeners.
The heartfelt lyrics from Frankie make Open Road incredible.

All My Love start straight away with repeating the song title and the instrumental joined after a few seconds giving the song a little more life and I adore that! The chorus is so catchy, funky and fun which you can help but sing along with it's funky catchy vibe which shines throughout all the verses. The verses feature some wonderful lyrics that are super catchy with the story telling behind the song is just fabulous! I have so much repeat for Frankie with her honesty in this song!

You Don't Know Me starts with some loud instrumental from an electric guitar and drums before it slows down seconds before Frankie's vocals start. Frankie shows us her much higher vocals which I absolutely adore. The verses are very catchy and funky and with Frankie's vocal range being demonstrated wonderful you can hear a different side to her. The lyrics are heartfelt and you can hear that Frankie has written this song from the heart! The chorus is so catchy and upbeat which I adore and another one I caught myself singing along with.

Together starts with funky and vibrant instrumental which starts the song of amazingly. Frankie's vocals are sharply joined and the song gets off to a fabulous start. The lyrics are so upbeat, funky and happy which is just music to your ears. The chorus is very catchy and really get the jut of the song which is wonderful and you can't help but hymn along with at times. I love that in the bridge you can hear a few other people and it breaks the song up allowing yourself time to take the song in.

Front Row Seat starts with softer and rather moving guitar instrumental which stays throughout and gives the song so much live. Front Row Seat is an emotional song for me because it's about Frankie's journey to where she is today and it shows how thankful she is too EVERY person who shows up at her gigs. The lyrics are so heart-whelming and allow you to hear the emotion Frankie feels! The three verses are incredible and tell a story that will move everyone when they hear it! I also love how you can hear the same emotion throughout from Frankie! I adore the fact that Frankie was braveness to write this song. Front Row Seat is my personal favourite of this album. Thank you for writing this song! This song gives me goosebumps.

Travellin' Love starts with sweet drum instrumental which is quickly joined by Frankie's vocals. I love Frankie's upbeat vocals which shine throughout the song. The lyrics are stunning and allow you to picture the words Frankie is singing. I absolutely love the chorus because of the catchiness and upbeat of it which you will probably catch yourself singing along with at times, I know I did. Frankie's vocal tone is just magical. All the verses of Travellin' Love is made up of a beautiful story which is such a credit to Frankie's song-writing ability.

The Sweetest Sound starts with special guitar solo instrumental which is rather quickly joined by Frankie's softer vocals which is extremely moving right from the start. The lyrics in The Sweetest Sound are incredibly stunning with the chorus bringing a little tear to my eye because of it's moving lyrics and you get a real sense of Frankie's life. I love the fact that the guitar instrumental stayed throughout the song giving us the chance to hear Frankie's vocals shine. The Sweetest Sound is definitely a brand new favourite of mine.

Asking For A Friend starts with gorgeous guitar instrumental which is just stunning and gives off many happy vibes. I love the honesty of this song right from the start and having heard this song live a few times, I couldn't help but sing along right from the start. There is something about Frankie and writing her music from the heart which gives us lyrics which are rather stunning and feature a lot of relatable questions - I adore the fact that Frankie had the guts to write a song like this about the society we live in today when it comes to Social Media!
Asking For A Friend is one of my favourites and I am so thrilled Frankie decided to add this to her debut album!

Frankie has incredible song-writing abilities which just shine throughout her debut album.

You can follow Frankie on her Social Media
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY