CORRIE EPISODE REVIEW - AN EMOTIONAL EPISODE FOR SINEAD TINKER AND DANIEL OSBORNE

I wasn't going to do a blog on tonight's special four-handler Coronation Street episode but how could I not with the emotion of that episode with Sinead Tinker and Daniel Osborne talking about everything and what's next for the pair after Sinead's Cervical Cancer diagnosis was revealed in the first episode of the evening.

Tonight's special episode was written by Chris Fewtrell who I have nothing by praise for with an incredibly moving script writing/ dialogue and there was something so magical about the camera angles and skill from Mickey Jones.

The opening scene of the episode was when Daniel entered Sinead's hospital room after having been told about her devastating cancer news this scene absolutely broke by heart and there was something about the silence and powerful for the hug at the start leading to Daniel asking all the why questions which made me swell up because Sinead was only doing what she thought was right and asking Ken Barlow to keep it a secret devastated Daniel.

Seeing Daniel being hurt by his dad broke me because Ken was only doing what he thought was best for Sinead and respecting her decision but I loved that Ken had Peter to talk too even though Peter struggled to understand at times.

When the doctor was with Sinead talking about what was wrong with her which led to the reveal for her not having started treatment for her cancer which devastated Daniel and he couldn't get his head around it telling her that she needs to have a terminate but I could understand where he was coming from but also I understood where Sinead was coming from so I'd be torn like Sinead.

Back in Number 6, we had a beautiful heart to heart scene between Ken and Peter. Before we headed back to the hospital once again with Sinead and Daniel where they were talking about treatment opinions but with Sinead saying 'I don't wanna die!' - I broke down. We then got the most beautiful yet incredibly moving scene between Sinead and Daniel about the milestones they would miss out on with their baby he was more worried about his wife. The amount of tears I had streaming now my face after this scene was unreal. But I did hate the fact Daniel ran off.

When the second part of the episode started was were back in Number 6 where Ken was in the house looking at a photo of him and Deirdre and Peter was in the backyard where Daniel arrived back.
Another moving scene of the episode was when Daniel and Peter were talking about Sinead's cancer and Daniel broke down in Peter's arms with Peter admitting how upset Ken was about everything that had happened but I am glad Daniel started to listen to Peter. I love their relationship and I just hope Peter stays their for him because this scene was just beautiful.

Sinead then chose to go for a walk on the ward where she bumped into another mum who had just had her baby which gave us a little insight to what Sinead would be expecting/ be giving up - you could tell by Sinead's body language that it had clearly swayed her decision.
Back in the backyard of number 6, Peter and Daniel were still talking leading to Peter giving Daniel the truth about what could happen if they continue to argue but also what could happen if he becomes the bigger man and agree to disagree which led Daniel to leave. Rob's acting here moved me to tears.

The final scene of the episode was a beautifully moving one with Daniel coming back into Sinead's hospital room where we saw Daniel lie down on his wife's hospital bed which led to a wonderful moment between the pair telling each other they loved each other and that they aren't going anyway - I was sobbing once again! Thank you for allowing us to see both sides.

I was completely moved but the emotion from Rob Mallard and Katie McGlynn - I have so much praise for these actors giving me so much WOW moments, and I have to give Chris Gascoyne and William Roache for their fantastic acting when they appeared.

Coronation Street - I have nothing but praise for you after this episode!
Thank you for handling this extremely difficult situation with such delicate care which I have no doubt moved so many of your viewers.

This episode of Coronation Street aired on Monday 29th October on ITV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES