COUNTRY MUSIC WEEK DAYTIME HUB REVIEW - SARAH DARLING

On Saturday (27th October), I saw US singer-songwriter, Sarah Darling who performed at The Borderline as part of London's Country Music Week's Daytime Hub.
What a fabulous set it was! I am also amazed by Sarah's set.

Photo by Me

Sarah opened her set by saying that she will be playing a few songs which I was personally very excited about and she kicked her set of with Call Me which is amazing song with very relatable lyrics. I felt myself listening to every word of this song and I adored the fact that the audience were amazed by her on the first song. Call me also demonstrated her musical growth from the past few years which makes me excited for her new album to be released on March 1st, 2019.

Fire is another brand new song which Sarah sang and I have to admit at the start was a little confused but by the chorus Sarah had totally changed my mind. Fire showed off her amazing vocal tone right from the start and their is no one quite like Sarah when it comes to performing a ballad like this. I adore Sarah for this fact when it comes to her incredible song-writing. The audience were totally captivated and the look on Sarah's face when she was performing to us was magical and I adored how much fun she was having.

The next song from Sarah was Enjoy The Ride which was an absolutely stunning song about life and listening to take each day and moment as they happen which for me was the most beautiful message. Enjoy The Ride is a funky and upbeat song that I felt myself dancing along too whilst I was listening to every word and being totally moved (yes, I had a little tear in my eye.) The audience around me were loving it and the way that everyone was engaged was just amazing to see and seeing that Sarah was having the best time on stage made the song even more stunning!
I am praying that this song is on Sarah's album.

Where Cowboys Ride is a song which Sarah released a few years ago and one I couldn't help but sing along too! Witnessing Sarah being so happy on stage when she was performing this song was so amazing to see. Sarah's reaction to saying some of us fans singing along was amazing and the eye contact that she gave us fans was amazing and it goes to show how much Sarah loves and appreciates every single one of her fans.

Sarah performed another new song and one of my new favourites Light It Up which I felt myself connecting with so much. This song definitely explains Sarah as an artist and her smile for me when she was on stage singing this song was everything! Light It Up is a pop infused country song which showcased Sarah's new sound of incredibly and I have no doubt that this song will become a favourite with so much of us fans upon it's release.

The next song which Sarah performed was Rain in which Sarah wrote with talented friend Jenn Bostic and the more opportunity I get to listen to the song the most I like it. I loved the fact that the audience really enjoyed this song and it showed in the way that they were engaged through the whole performance. I loved that the silence from the audience during this song allowed everyone to listen to Sarah's stunning vocals.

Halley's Comet was another song from Sarah current album and one that was amazing. I loved the way that the lyrics were so relatable and the fact that by the look on Sarah's face she was amazed by how much we listen too/ whilst some of us were singing along with every single word she was singing. Sarah's vocal range on this song was amazing and she demonstrated what an incredible artist she is. A Sarah set is never completed without a stunningly moving version of this inspirational song.

Sarah closed her set with a classic country cover in You Say It Best When You Say Nothing At All which totally captivated the audience and one that had everyone singing along which was just incredible. It was amazing to see how much the audience loved Sarah just by this song. This was the perfect end to Sarah's stunning set this afternoon. 

You can follow Sarah on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY