SINGLE REVIEW - POPPY FARDELL - BETTER START

Today (Friday 17th April) will see British singer-songwriter, Poppy Fardell release her latest single, Better Start.

Better Start starts with a beautifully softer guitar instrumental which is instantly complimented very well by Poppy's vocals.
The first verse of Better Start sees Poppy's soft vocal which I love as the lyrics are ones that just roll of your tongue and work so well together. The lyrics allow you to paint a wonderful image in your head whether it's about Poppy's version or from a situation in your life which I think is just wonderful. I also like how Poppy isn't afraid to wear her heart of her sleeve within her singles allowing her heartfelt vocals to shine through.
The chorus is the part which listeners will see Poppy's vocal a little more upbeat whilst also having a little vulnerable moment within song - this was something that I absolutely loved. The lyrics of the chorus are very heartfelt making me just want to hug Poppy after this awful situation but I like how you can also hear the positive lessons in which Poppy has taken from the situation in a way.
The second verse of Better Start starts a little more vulnerable in a way, I wasn't expecting yet - I caught myself shredding a tear on. Poppy's change of vocal tone helped her a lot of the emotions of the song that I think a lot of people will be surprised with.
The sweetest vocal from Poppy ahead of the chorus was something that completely memorised me with her incredible voice.
There is something so beautiful about Better Start that ties everything within the song together so incredibly well, that I was extremely sad when the song finished.

Poppy is one hell of an incredible singer-songwriter, I am so grateful I have been able to discover this year!

You can follow Poppy on her Social Media
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY