ALBUM REVIEW - TWINNIE - HOLLYWOOD GYPSY

This Friday (17th April) will see British singer-songwriter, Twinnie release her debut album, Hollywood Gypsy.
Hollywood Gypsy is made up of 11 songs all written by Twinnie herself with some co-writers.

Type of Girl is one country-pop kind of song which shows off Twinnie's sassier side which I absolutely adore. Type of Girl starts with a quirky sassy instrumental which I absolutely adore. Type of Girl is perfect song to open Twinnie's debut album with it being more upbeat and quirky which breaks the three songs up wonderfully in my opinion. The first verse opens with some of the most honest and relatable lyrics in my opinion as I caught myself relating to them so much. Type of Girl tells such a beautiful and honest story within the chorus especially thanks to the catchiness of the lyrics which I felt myself instantly relating too within my school years and the chorus is so fun and funky which works really well. The second verse showcases Twinnie’s happy and funky vocal range which I felt myself instantly reflecting on the lyrics. As Type of Girl continues the more I want to sing along with it. Type of Girl is one song I feel sums me up perfectly and I am grateful to Twinnie for writing a song like this!

Better When I’m Drunk
starts with a funky instrumental and one that I can't help but every time I hear it get up instantly and start dancing. Better When I'm Drunk is one song that I loved right from the off instantly giving me a Carrie Underwood feel which I absolutely adore. The first verse is very upbeat and sets the mood for the song showing us who Twinnie is as an artist which the audience love a lot. The chorus is absoultely stunning and the perfect song for when you are getting ready for a night out. Twinnie has the opportunity to show of the bubbly side of her personality and song-writing abilities. All three verses of the song tell a wonderful story in which you can’t help but to relate if you have ever been drunk and in that position. The second and third verses features some of my favourite lyrics and definitely the most needed when you wake up from a night out. Twinnie’s vocal range is demonstrated wonderful and the perfect song for Twinnie's debut album.

I Love You Now Change
starts with a beautifully slow piano instrumental which compliments Twinnie's softer vocal from the very first verse. The first verse also sees Twinnie's soft vocals shine with her stunning songwriting and storytelling is something that is so breathtaking. The lyrics tell such a wonderful story that I can't quiet keep into words how incredible, I am finding it. The chorus features some of the most beautiful lyrics that I catch myself singing along too, whilst listening to the beautiful song being told within the lyrics. I am very excited about hearing this song live (when I can!). The second verse continues the storytelling beautifully making me a little emotional, so I can't begin to imagine how emotional Twinnie was when she wrote this song. The chorus is one of pure female empowerment giving me goosebumps every time I hear it. I Love You Now Change has a bridge that features the tracks most catchiest lyrics that saw Twinnie's softer and emotional vocal get its moment to shine. The final chorus brings I Love You Now Change to it's natural end in one of the most beautiful ways.

Chasing
starts with a fun loving instrumental which to me is something that make Twinnie so unique as an artist. The first verse sees Twinnie's softer and fun side of vocals coming through. The lyrics seem to be written from a place of fun which sees Twinnie's happy side come out. The chorus of Chasing allows Twinnie's fun and happy vocal range come through with her fun lyrics that are so catchy and are perfect for the summery weather we are struggling having (or at least we were when I reviewed this album). The second verse continues Chasing in a gorgeous way that I have a feeling a lot of people will be able to relate too. The fun-loving side of Twinnie is something that I am absolutely adoring on this album (yes, I know I am saying this a lot but it's super true!) The bridge of Chasing sees Twinnie's softer and fun vocals come through once again. Chasing ends with the chorus which allows Twinnie's upbeat vocals their chance to shine, absolutely stunning.

Hollywood Gypsy 
starts with a soft instrumental which supports Twinnie's softer vocal range on the first verse as starts instantly allowing Twinnie's vocal more chance to shine. The song-writing from Twinnie throughout Hollywood Gypsy is nothing short of memorizing giving me goosebumps and chills in the most breath-taking way. The chorus of Hollywood Gypsy is nothing but incredible as I caught myself singing along with very single word and adoring Twinnie's softer vocal range and knowing that Twinnie has written this song about her roots, makes me want to listen even more closely to the lyrics. The second verse continues Hollywood Gypsy in nothing short of incredible way with Twinnie's beautiful vocal range. The final verse is combined with the bridge as it seems to be party part of the song which Twinnie allows her softer vocals to shine about on the final line ahead of Hollywood Gypsy ending with the chorus for it's final time. Twinnie's vocals which end the song are just stunning and amazed me!

Superhero
is a much slower and softer song which ends this EP beautiful. The first verse allows Twinnie to show her vulnerable side when I just adore. The chorus is very catchy and one I felt myself singing along with along with being one I think many of us will be allow to relate too because of the heartfelt and honest lyrics. The chorus is my favourite part of the song and it gave me goosebumps. The second verse and third continue to tell the story of a raw vulnerability to which I couldn’t help but be moved by. Twinnie’s softer vocal range allowed us all to considerate on the lyrics a little more to which I absoultely adored! The more I hear Superhero is the more, I find myself relating to the lyrics. The instrumental throughout is just amazing. I am very grateful to Twinnie for choosing this song for her EP.

More
starts with an upbeat instrumental which I happen to love. The first verse starts with Twinnie's crisp vocal range which supports the lyrics in a beautiful way. I love the fun quirky side, you hear from Twinnie on the first verse alone plus the lyrics are so catchy. The chorus features some of the most fun and catchy lyrics that I caught myself dancing along with. I adore the storytelling from Twinnie within More as it allows you to paint your own picture to the lyrics. The second verse of More continues the fun loving side of Twinnie that us fans love to see and hear - this is one song I am very excited about hearing live! The softer vocals which stay within are ones that will amaze a lot of fans because of their stunning mix. The final verse ends More in one beautiful way complimented by her stunning slower vocals which once again gave me goosebumps a few times. More ends with the fun loving side of Twinnie which had me up dancing for final time.

Social Babies
is a song with a quiet instrumental throughout which compliments Twinnie's vocals. The first verse is straight in which I love and the lyrics paint the picture for the song wonderfully and what most of us post on instagram and the determination to get the perfect photo to share. The chorus is my absolute favourite of the song and the part that I felt myself singing along with the most because of the catchiness and honesty within the lyrics which is wonderfully matched with Twinnie's stunning vocal range. The second verse continues the meaning of the song in such a wonderful way and I caught myself listening to very single word and thinking about what I do with my posting on Social Media and you know what I am gonna stop this and start living in the moment. The bridge is a super stunning part and the lower vocal range from Twinnie is the one thing that makes the listeners really listen and I reckon most of us will be able to relate. I am so grateful for Twinnie choosing to write and release a song like this!

Daddy Issues 
starts with a soft instrumental which is quickly taken to a fun and upbeat vocal. The first verse showcases Twinnie's fun loving side with the lyrics being ones that no matter how you are feeling will have you making sense of things going around in your head (or at least it does for me!) The chorus has some of the most gorgeous, catchy lyrics in a song which I catch myself singing along with whatever my mood because it's one of those special songs. The songwriting from Twinnie in Daddy Issues is something so special and unique that I caught myself tearing up (and I even did this when I had the opportunity to see her live last year). The second verse of Daddy Issues is one that is a little more upbeat and Twinnie's upbeat vocals had the opportunity to shine through once again. The songwriting from Twinnie throughout Daddy Issues is just so raw and special, you can tell she has taken a lot of time to write such a beautiful song. The final verse of Daddy Issues continues the theme of the song in a wonderful way that showed everyone Twinnie's higher vocal range which I loved which led into someone seeing her softer side once again.

Lie to Me 
starts with a very soft and meaningful piano instrumental reminding me a little of Shania Twain/ Kate Bush which I have to look is an honour to be compared too. 90's country vibes are given throughout Lie To Me which shows us all what an incredibly song-writer, Twinnie is! The first verse of Lie To Me is perfection from the very first word of the song setting the most beautiful tone. The lyrics which feature are pure stunning and you can hear every single word Twinnie is singing is from the heart and one of experience. The chorus of Lie To Me is the most stunning, part of the song for me with Twinnie's vocal range which is demonstrated in the most special way. The second verse of Lie To Me continues the storytelling in one amazing way allowing Twinnie to showcase her vocal range with her higher vocals which I absoultely loved. The way in which Lie To Me ends in the most captivating way allowing listeners to hear Twinnie's breathtaking vocals. Lie To Me is one song of pure heartbreak but one that needs to be shared to help others out.

Feeling of Falling
starts with a softer and more sentimental kind of instrumental which is the perfect break up for the album. The first verse is one that is written from the heart and in the most gorgeous way that I have a feeling a lot of people will be able to relate to it. The lyrics are really catchy and written from a place of hurt but one that Twinnie won't let them win from. The chorus continues with the most upbeat instrumental which is supported by Twinnie's incredible vocal range which is just stunning. The second verse sees Twinnie's softer vocal range get it's opportunity to shine through whilst Twinnie still allowing the songwriting to come through - is there anything Twinnie can't do? Twinnie is one seriously wonderful singer and songwriter! The fun loving side of Twinnie is one thing, I really adore from Twinnie within Feeling of Falling. Feeling of Falling ends with the chorus which sees Twinnie's upbeat vocal range come through once again for the final time ending with a softer vocal on the final line.

Whiplash 
starts with a upbeat instrumental which stays within with a couple of times slowing down to compliment, Twinnie's vocal range. The first verse starts of with Twinnie's softer vocal range which allows you to hear the vulnerability within her vocal range, you can really hear the hurt in her vocals which for me was something that moved me. The chorus sees Twinnie's fun loving lyrics return with her vulnerable lyrics. There is something so rare and stunning towards Twinnie's vocal range which gives me goosebumps a lot of the time. The second verse continues Whiplash in such a wonderful way that gets me thinking about every single lyric Twinnie is singing and how she feels as she is going through (makes me think of my life!) The final verse of Whiplash is one that I caught myself loving Twinnie's softer and more vulnerable side even more than, I thought I should.

Thank you, Twinnie for writing one hell of an incredible album!

You can follow Twinnie on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY