DEBUT SINGLE REVIEW - LAUREN HALL - BACKWARDS

This Friday (1st May) will see US singer-songwriter, Lauren Hall release her debut single, Backwards.

Backwards starts with an guitar and drum instrumental which I have to admit, I am loving and it suits the song all the way through and in a way, if I am being honest I didn't think would.
The first verse showcases who Lauren is as an artist with her soft vocals which compliment the lyrics in a way, I didn't think would, so I was moved right from the start. The lyrics are given there chance to shine through too, with the song in which they have been written and clearly been thought about very careful.
The chorus of Backwards is the part of the song that I caught myself really getting to know who Lauren is as an artist and it's one a lot of people will love and being taken in by I'd like to hope in the most beautiful way. The lyrics showcase a real vulnerable side of Lauren, which I think is absolutely fantastic. Lauren's songwriting skills are incredibly moving and very relatable.
The second verse continues Backwards wonderfully within the songwriting and the lyrics are just incredibly heartfelt allowing Lauren to show off her younger side and her life experience is something that is wonderfully blended within the song.
Lauren's diverse vocal ranges are showcased Backwards in the most beautiful way throughout the song and the instrumental break up in the middle of the song was perfectly balanced.
The final verse of Backwards was the part of the song which we got to see Lauren's real soft vocal range which I thought was incredibly moving. Backwards ends with the chorus which is the most perfect thing for the song as it cements the song together very beautifully.

You can follow Lauren on her Social Media​​​​
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY