INTERVIEW WITH PARIS ADAMS FOLLOWING HER SOLO PERFORMANCE AT C2C

This the final interview in my C2C 2023 installment, and what a pleasure it was to talk with Paris Adams following her debut solo performance at the festival.

Photo Taken By Me at C2C 2023

Hello Paris. How are you?
Hi! I'm really great thanks, tired but good!

You performed at C2C this weekend, how did you find it?
I did! It was so good! The whole weekend felt like a blur because I had so much going on and was travelling an awful lot so it flew by really quickly but I really enjoyed myself. I had my band mates James and Rikki with me and they were really great, not just at the playing part but with helping me manage the days too which was super helpful. It was so good to see many familiar faces that I haven't seen since before COVID, including you, Kellie!

Was it strange performing on your own? If it was it didn't show.
Not really, I perform on my own weekly so it's something I'm used to but performing at C2C without the other girls was a tad nostalgic if anything! Brought back a lot of nice memories.

You performed a couple of new songs which I have to say were fantastic, what do you think to the response they got?
Aw thank you! I'm really pleased with the response, the songs seemed to go down really well which was great and I'm still baffled by the crowds we got!

You mentioned that you had spend the past year writing and travelling, did this have any impact within your songwriting?
Yes definitely. We wrote Gypsy Queen purely about my travels, whilst I was still travelling around so that was cool. I really feel like in order to be able to write good songs, you need life experience and sometimes a change of scenery really helps freshen your writing mind!

You also mentioned that you have wrote with many incredible songwriters whilst in Nashville was there any one that left you a bit star struck?
Probably Liz Rose for sure! She's an incredible writer and one that I've dreamt of writing with for years!! It felt super surreal to be in a session with her so I'll always be grateful for that opportunity.

On Sunday's Big Entrance Stage performance, you dedicated a cover of Caitlyn Smith's High which was beyond stunning, I can see how your mum urged to perform it. What was it like having your mum there and hearing you sing it?
She didn't know that I was going to sing it so she was really happy that I did! She's been bugging me for ages to do my own version and it's such a great song! My mom is one of my biggest fans, she comes to most of my gigs and is really supportive so it's the least I could do.

I can't do this interview without asking you about your debut solo single, Gold - how did the song come about and what was the inspiration behind it?
Gold was the first song I wrote since the split of The Adelaides. I was in a writing session with two friends of mine- Tim Prottey-Jones and Jake Morrell from First Time Flyers and this was fairly soon after The Adelaides had announced the breakup so of course I was talking about it to them. I guess I was saying how sad I felt that it came to an end and to be honest I really felt quite lost with what to do regarding my music career but I felt there was a voice in the back of my head telling me to not give up just yet. That's when we wrote Gold! We wrote it almost like a message from me to myself about remembering what i'm capable of and not forgetting how strong I can be.

Finally, we are your plans for the rest of 2023? Please say an EP is going along with another single?
So, definitely another single!! An EP would be great but at the moment i'm still in test-mode with the songs so I want to drip feed some music bit by bit and see the reaction first before releasing anything bigger. I've actually filmed a music video earlier this week for the next single which is really exciting! Then it'll be lots more shows- I'm performing at the Friday Night Live with Ben Earle show on 24th March which I can't wait for and I'm also supporting Canaan Cox on 3rd June at Bush Hall amongst other shows so it's going to be a fun year!
Sounds like you have a busy year ahead. Thank you so much for your time Paris.
Thank you, hopefully see you again soon!!

You can follow Paris on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY