AN INTERVIEW INTRODUCING YOU TO US ARTIST EMILY DANIELS

This week's interview is the first of many (I am hoping throughout 2019) is from US based singer-songwriter, Emily Daniels and one I have been very excited about introducing you too, since I loved our chat with Emily just before Christmas.
I hope you enjoy getting to know Emily as much as I did.

Hey Emily! Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me. I hope you're well.
Hi Kellie, thanks so much for inviting me to chat with you today!
Firstly, I would like you to introduce yourselves to our readers?​
My name is Emily Daniels, and I’m a country singer-songwriter originally from Nashville. People say that makes me a unicorn these days since Nashville has grown to the point that it’s rare to meet a native, but I promise we still exist! Haha
How old were you were you decided to start writing your own songs? And when did you write and perform your first song?​
When I was a little girl, I’d write poetry and even won a few contests in elementary school, but I didn’t start writing songs until I was in high school. I started writing seriously though a little over a year ago when I moved back home to pursue music. I performed my first original song when I was in high school. I was invited to speak on a panel and perform a song at a special event meant to empower other young women.
Where did you first perform any of yours songs and how old were you?​
My momma says I’ve been singing since I could talk. I think my first public performance was at my baptism at 7 years old. I sang "Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus."
What is your favourite country song and who is your favourite country artist (can be more than one)?​
It’s impossible for me to pick just one! I’m so indecisive and my favorite song changes almost daily. Right now though, it’s probably “Somebody’s Daughter” by Tenille Townes (especially the acoustic version) because it has such an important message from a fresh perspective. One of my favorite artists is Keith Urban. He’s so authentic and kind, on and off stage, not to mention his insane talent. I’ve listened to him since I was a kid and still love his music today, whether it’s from his first album or latest one.
What is the most inspirational song you have heard?​
I’d have to say “Anyway” by Martina McBride. It’s been a song that’s meant a lot to me throughout different stages of my life. When I’m down on my luck or just feeling discouraged, it reminds me why I do what I do.
Now to talk about your music and plans for 2019​
So Emily, you are a brand new artist​ to us and I have to say I am very excited for what 2019 will bring for you.
I’m excited too! I’ve been working hard behind the scenes to bring y’all some special treats in 2019!
So, 2018 has been the year people got to know you is 2019 the year we can expect you to release your own music?
I’m sure hoping so! I can’t give you details quite yet, but things are in the works! Stay tuned :)

If so, what can we expect?​ And when?
My goal is to share my heart with y’all through my music which means getting vulnerable and personal. You can expect to know me a whole lot better after hearing my first single and hopefully, you’ll want to keep listening to what follows :)
And finally to end this interview I have to ask with you not being from the UK, I have to ask could we expect to see you over here one day?​​
Oh my gosh, yes! I’d absolutely love to tour there one day! I studied abroad in London for a month, but it wasn’t nearly long enough and I’m dying to go back someday!
Thank you so much for your time, Emily.

You can join Emily on her social media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY