AN INTERVIEW WITH CHRISTINA TAYLOR AS WE GET TO KNOW HER AND TALK ABOUT HER 2019 PLANS

This months interview is from US Country singer-songwriter, Christina Taylor who describes herself as a singer-songwriter from Charlotte, NC currently based in Nashville.

Photo Credit: Erik Danielson Photography
​​
Hey Christina, thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me.​ Firstly, I would like you to introduce yourselves to our readers?​
What's up BringCountry2UK readers! My name is Christina Taylor and I am a singer/songwriter out of Nashville, TN.​​
​​
Just a few questions for our readers to get to know you, how old were you were you decided to start writing your own songs? And when did you write and perform your first song?​​
I started writing my own songs when I was about 15 years old. I recorded my first song when I was 16 years old and started performing it pretty much right away!​​
​​
Where did you first perform any of yours songs and how old were you?​​
I started singing at open mic nights when I was 15 years old. Sometimes I would sing my own songs and sometimes I would sing covers of my favorite artists songs!​​
​​
What is your favourite country song and who is your favourite country artist (can be more than one)?​​
It would be impossible to pick my favorite country song, I have too many! But my favorite country artist hands down is Eric Church. His music is so real and raw, and I try everyday to be that way in my own music.
What is the most inspirational song you have heard?​​
“Bless The Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts and “If You’re Going Through Hell” by Rodney Atkins are two of my favorite inspirational country songs.

Now to talk about your music in 2018 and plans for 2019;​​

You started 2018 off by releasing American Dreamin' which was incredible I have to tell you.

You then went on to perform at CMA Festival where takes place in Nashville in June - what was that like? It would be my dream to come to America for this festival.
It was absolutely amazing to perform at the CMA Festival! I got to perform on the Radio Disney Country stage. The fans that showed up were incredibly supportive and encouraging!

Then September saw you release your latest single Loser, what was that like? How did the song come about?
Loser is about a real life experience of mine. When you lose certain people or things in your life, sometimes if can be for a reason. I felt like a loser at first, but then realized I had lost those people in order to be a better version of myself. I had to lose to win! It was so rewarding getting to see the response to the song, and seeing that people were relating.
I have to admit I love this song.

Now to talk about your plans for 2019 - so Christina, please tell us more music is coming our way?
Yes, absolutely!  I have been working really hard to write and record some of my best music to date for you guys.  I don’t have a release date yet but make sure to check out my instagram: @christinataylormusic and my website: www.christinataylormusic.com to get updates on when I will be coming out with my new music!
Congrats on the EP news, I am so excited about it!

What would be you say your main aim for 2019 is?
My main aim for 2019 is to get out and play way more live shows.  There's nothing better then getting to personally interact with y’all at my shows, and I plan to do a whole lot more of it in 2019!

And I can end this interview without asking you this not being from the UK, I have to ask could we expect to see you over here one day?​​
Absolutely! I don’t have anything in the UK on the books yet, but I can’t wait to travel out there and play my music for y’alls amazing country music fanbase! Hopefully I will be there sooner rather than later.
Thank you so much for your time, Christina.
You can follow Christina on her Social Media
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY