ALBUM REVIEW - CASSADEE POPE - STAGES - OUT FRIDAY 1ST FEBRUARY

Tomorrow (Friday 1st February) will see US singer-songwriter, Cassadee Pope release her new album after 6 years, however, Cassadee has released music between the albums and all have led her to where she is today!
Cassadee's Stages album is made up of 11 songs.

Take You Home starts with an upbeat guitar instrumental which gives this song a funky feel which I just love. The first verse demonstrates Cassadee's softer vocals allowing her to express herself and allow listeners to relate. The chorus is one that I couldn't help by sing along too and I love hearing the happy side of Cassadee's music. The second verse carries the song amazingly allowing Cassadee to tell a story perfectly and the chorus compliments wonderfully and goes perfectly into the third. The lyrics are stunning and showcase Cassadee's vocal ability perfectly. Take You Home was written for Cassadee by Paul Digiovanni, Ben Hayslip and Emily Weisband.

One More Red Light has a wonderful guitar instrumental to start which gives the song such a wonderful and funky vibe before Cassadee joins in with wonderful vocals. The first verse features some wonderful and heartfelt lyrics which you can't help but think about that certain someone in your life which you can tell from Cassadee's song-writing with her friends Kelly Archer and Emily Shackleton. The chorus is very catchy and Cassadee's vocals are just amazing which you can't help but sing along with. The second verse is one which features a lot more heartfelt lyrics whilst it being about not caring what anyone else thinks as long as you are happy - you can hear so much emotion especially from the choose of lyrics which Cassadee has chosen for this song. I felt myself welling up thanks to the softer sounding guitar before the final and final verse because it just hit me. The guitar is such a wonderful instrumental that works wonderfully to compliment Cassadee's voice.

How I Feel Right Now starts with beautiful guitar instrumental which is quickly enjoyed by Cassadee's vocals which allows Cassadee's softer vocals to shine along with her story telling. The chorus is very funky, catchy and I love the outpour of emotion the lyrics give off is just incredible.
All three verses of How I Feel Right Now tell such a heartfelt story which blew me away and one that I caught myself getting very emotional over but that goes to show what amazing artist Cassadee is! I am so grateful for this song with all the things I have coming on in my life, I am finally starting to understand thanks to this song, Cassadee! Cassadee, I am so glad that you have taken the time to write a song like this with Sarah Buxton and Corey Crowder.

Bring Me Down Town starts with a funky electric guitar instrumental which is soon joined by Cassadee's rocker vocals which gives the song a little power which is just amazing - Cassadee definitely knew when the start the direction she wanted from this song. The chorus is my favourite and I felt instantly able to connect and songs like this are magical. All three verse tell a wonderful story and it allows you to paint your own picture with your favourite person. The lyrics of Bring Me Down Town are perfect. Cassadee's vocal ability is demonstrated wonderfully within this song for sure plus knowing Cassadee wrote this one with Sarah Buxton, Corey Crowder and Jared Mullins - I love it even more!

If My Heart Had A Heart starts with beautiful guitar instrumental which is quickly joined by Cassadee's stunning and heartfelt vocals right from the start. All three verses feature some stunning and heartfelt lyrics that had me thinking right from the start. The chorus allowed Cassadee to showcase her fabulous softer vocal which makes the song stand out even more and made me appreciate the lyrics a little more. Although Cassadee may not have written If My Heart Had A Heart she has definitely taken on a song in which she believes in because that is obvious. If My Heart Had A Heart is one song I am thankful for being on this album. If My Heart Had A Heart was written for Cassadee's album by Hannah Ellis, Josh Kerr and Matt McGinn.

FYI starts with a slow guitar instrumental which is quickly joined by Cassadee's softer vocal which start the song off wonderfully and sets the tone for the song. The first verse showcases Cassadee's story telling fabulously and I felt myself wanting to sing along right from the start. The second verse gets you thinking and when the chorus kicks in once again I felt myself getting emotional which I never expected too. Cassadee's vocal tone is beautiful and her softer tone makes the song incredible allowing the song writing to shine through. FYI was written by Cassadee alongside Blake Hubbard, Jarrod Ingram and Maghan Kabir.

Distracted is a song which is very different to the others on this album which I just love because the fact that Cassadee just comes in her softer vocal with the 'oh, oh, oh' with just a little intro is wonderful gives the song. Cassadee's softer and slower vocals show of her vocal range before the chorus kicks in and we hear the Cassadee vocal range we know and love. The chorus is definitely my favourite part of this song as the lyrics are so fun and meaningful. The second verse gets you thinking of that time or times in your life when you have been distracted when looking at the one person you love and the feelings it brings you. However, I do like the bridge because it allows us to hear the softer, soulful vocals of Cassadee that give the song a little dynamic which I absoultely love. Distracted is one song I am excited to one day hear live one day. Cassadee wrote Distracted with Corey Crowder.

Gavi is a very different kind of song in which I was expecting on this album I have to be honest but hearing a song with just a piano instrumental was fabulous and one that I thought was amazing. Gavi  broke the album up wonderfully and has allowed you to think or at least it did with me. Gavi is the amazing instrumental of Jason Gaviati.

Don’t Ask Me starts with louder funky upbeat instrumental before Cassadee's comes in with her soft, slower vocals which allows you to listen to the lyrics very clearly. The chorus features some lyrics which are very catchy and that I caught myself singing along with and with the louder instrumental is takes the song to another level for me! The second verse is about the next day and when that moment she wake up questioning everything about the night before but I felt myself believing every word that Cassadee was singing. Cassadee's vocal range is demonstrated wonderful and I love that it takes me back to the Cassadee - I know and love. Don't Ask Me was written by Cassadee alongside Zach Abend, Corey Crowder and Cale Dodds.

Still Got It starts with a softer, slower guitar instrumental before Cassadee comes in with her slower, softer vocals too making Still Got It  magical from the start which makes it magical. The chorus is upbeat and Cassadee makes it with her louder vocals taking Still Got It  to another level and I didn't think it was possible. The second verse is one I felt myself reflecting on my teenager years spending time with that one person and got myself off to that world thanks to Cassadee's incredible song-writing ability. I'm so grateful for Cassadee's showcasing her fabulous vocals within this song. Songs like Still Got It  are ones which I am extremely grateful for! Cassadee co-wrote Still Got It  with Victoria Banks and Emily Shackleton.

I’ve Been Good starts with beautiful instrumental which tarts the song amazingly once Cassadee joins in with her softer vocals with the lyrics telling a story which I couldn't help but get emotional over. The chorus has some extremely emotional heartfelt lyrics that got me thinking about a certain situation which I recently felt myself being in making it very relatable. The second and third verse continue the wonderful story telling and grew into a song about strength. I felt myself singing listening so carefully I always seemed to have a tear in my eye. Cassadee showed us what an incredible artist she is with this song demonstrating her wonderful vocal range. I've Been Good was written for the album by Andy Albert, Marc Beeson and Jordan Walker. I've Been Good is a perfect song for Cassadee to end this album with because it's allowed Cassadee to showcase everything she can do and for that - I will always be thankful for this album.

You can follow Cassadee on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY