MOMENTS I HAVE BEEN WOWED IN MUSICAL THEATRE!

As many of you all know, I am a massive theatre lover and have been to see many theatre shows over the years especially musicals with my first being back in 2009. There is no order to this blog expect for the first two.

Samantha Barks was in the very first musical theatre show I saw and Samantha was the first actress I was wowed by. Samantha was playing Sally Bowles in Cabaret at Milton Keynes Theatre and her vocals will always stand out to me. It's amazing to see how much she has achieved from coming 3rd in a UK talent show as they hunted for Nancy in Oliver! Samantha is due to start as Elsa in Frozen when it comes to the West End.

Then, a few months later I saw Daisy Wood-Davis as Laura in Dreamboats & Petticoats - and all I can remember when this show was the moment Daisy sung her solo and I got shivers (needed realise it was that at the time as I was young!)
Daisy is one hell of a talented lady who I have supported for 11 years now and my god what a roller coaster of emotions it has been but overall, I am so proud of her! The day we meet each other in 2016 at the Soap Awards as Daisy went on to play Kim Butterfield in Hollyoaks, I was a mess but since then me and Daisy have managed to see each other everytime (expect this year because of what is going on at the moment!) she is in, and last year in Hair! whilst it was at Milton Keynes Theatre, Daisy even managed to get me and my mum up on that stage in the finale (even with a broken toe it was amazing especially when she stopped me, I knew then I wasn't gonna get away with it aha).

Amy Lennox was an actress who I first saw in 2013 when she was playing the lead role of Doralee Rhodes in 9 To 5 The Musical UK Tour at Milton Keynes Theatre. All I can remember from Amy's vocal deliever was the fact that her performance of Backwards Barbie was stunning and that the audience were completely silenced until the very end where everyone was on their feet cheering and clapping - what a special moment that was!
Amy is one actress I have love seeing perform on the theatre stage and meeting because she is just the sweetest human. Her role has Lauren in Kinky Boots was just sensational, and now she's in Holby City which I can't help but feel so proud of her journey.

Carina Gillespie was a lady that I had never heard off until I saw her talent shine right through as she was playing Sandy in Grease back in 2011. Carina's vocal deliever was divine, and her acting was sensational - mixing them together you get one hell of an incredible actress.
Carina has seen gone on to Wicked in the West End and UK Tour playing Nessarose at Milton Keynes Theatre - I had the pleasure of seeing Carina as Nessarose. The more I get to witness Carina's wonderful talent the more I feel so proud to be a fan.

Verity Rushworth is an actress, I have been a fan of since she appeared in Emmerdale but I definitely prefer her theatre side because you really see how talented she is and I have had the pleasure of seeing her twice on stage once in Then There Were None at Milton Keynes Theatre which was one very serious drama play, and the other was Lauren in Kinky Boots at The Adelphi Theatre where she showed her wonderful singing. The acting in both shows from Verity was fantastic. Bring on the next show.

Sophie Isaacs for me is one of those actress that no matter what you give her she'll be fantastic in. I first saw Sophie is 2012 when she was playing Margot, and I had the pleasure of seeing Sophie as Elle in Grease and was blown away by her talent, and do this day I still am.
I later went on to see Sophie as Sandra in Made In Dagenham at The Adelphi Theatre, and Ensemble/ Lauren in Kinky Boots (I was lucky enough to see her twice in different roles) which was also at The Adelphi Theatre.
One role, I would love to see Sophie in is Heathers as I am still awaiting the day, I get to see this show (who due to go next month until everything changed).

Louisa Lytton is someone I have admired since 2005, and is a big inspiration to me who I have seen in Peter Pan (Panto when it was at Milton Keynes), and wow she singing, acting, dancing and everything in between was just mind blowing. In February 2013, Louisa was apart of the Boogie Nights which featured The Osmonds at Milton Keynes Theatre, and WOW what a mind blowing show that was. Everything about the show was just beautiful but the moments when Louisa sung it was like everyone else was witnessing what I always knew, and that was so nice.
The reason this show was so special to me was the fact that this was my first ever stage door experience as me and Louisa planned on meeting each other that evening - mind was blown as I was shaking as she walked down the stairs to see me as I was moving slowly towards her.
The last musical theatre show, I had the privilege to see her in was Grease when she was Rizzo, and what a performance she gave despite being ill that evening.
Louisa went on to star in The Bill as PC Beth Green, Strictly Come Dancing, Edge of Heaven, and TV Series The Jump.
Also, to think that Louisa has now back in EastEnders its like everything for her as gone full circle.

Ellie Ann Lowe is someone that I was a fan of before I had even seen her live thanks to her social media, and when I read that she was coming to Milton Keynes on the Saturday Night Fever show, I booked tickets straight away. Ellie is currently making her West End debut in Les Misérables where she plays a Factory Girl, and made her Fantine debut (who she is a cover for) on 6th March, 2020.

Kara Lily Haworth - WOW, where do I begin? Witnessing your insane talent in 2018 in Cilla The musical where she played the lead role of Cilla when it came to Milton Keynes Theatre, my god everything about this performance gave me goosebumps. Kara Lily's performance of Anyone Who Had A Heart is a performance that still gives me goosebumps to this day as everything single little detail about the song was perfect, and a credit to Cilla Black. I can't wait for the day, I get to see Kara Lily perform again.

Louise Olley was an actress, I saw back in 2013 in Dreamboats and Petticoats on the UK Tour where she played the role of Sue when it came to Milton Keynes Theatre, and I remember the first time she sung as it was perfectly perfect with her warm crisp tone. Ever since this performance everytime Louise has been on tour and the show comes to Milton Keynes Theatre, I have been there, and have been wow. Louise has since gone on to perform in Dreamboats and Miniskirts the sequel to Dreamboats and Petticoats which I have seen so many times with Louise.

Amy West was in the ensemble in Ghost: The Musical when I first saw her in September 2017 at Milton Keynes Theatre, and she was one of those people that everytime she did something on the show she always had a smile on her face and that was something I liked about her. The next time, I saw Amy was in 2015 when she was in Top Hat which I have to admit I loved, and it was great to see a different side of Amy especially when she was dancing - she was brilliant.

A Special Mention in this blog has to go to 4 wonderful actors in a 4 piece play Relatively Speaking as it starred  Kara Tointon, Felicity Kendal, Jonathan Coy, and Max Bennett as it was the very first time, I had witnessed a stage show done in this way with no singing, no ensemble members, no tricks but a simple piece of drama with 4 actors, and what a moment it was for me. Relatively Speaking definitely opened my eyes to the other side of theatre, I was afraid of but now love, so thank you to this show.

I can't complete this blog post without managing - Lucie Jones, Laura Baldwin and David Hunter who are 3 stand out artists for me of 2019 when I saw them in Waitress which I have to say in my new found favourite musical thanks to all of the stunning songs, the storylines, the acting, and everything about it really. Lucie and David's duets were mind blowing, and the little details meant so much to the audiences. Laura's performance as Dawn were stunning and with Laura's crisp vocal tone, I was in raw of her talent on that stage.

I hope you enjoyed this blog, if you have please let me know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY