DEBUT ALBUM REVIEW - TENILLE TOWNES - ROAD TO THE LEMONADE STAND

Tomorrow (Friday 26th June) will see Canadian Emerging singer-songwriter, Tenille Townes release her debut album, Road To The Lemonade Stand.
Road To The Lemonade Stand  is made up of 12 songs.

Holding Out For The One starts with an upbeat instrumental which I have to admit I love for the start of Tenille's latest EP. The first verse demonstrates Tenille's happy and little rockier vocal range allowing Tenille's song-writing to shine through with the lyrics being catchy. The lyrics is one hell of a catchy one which allows the listeners to get a real feel for the song and the message that she is trying to get out there with this song. The second verse continues the story within the song in the most wonderful way and you can hear the roller coaster of the journey in which Tenille has been or is going through at the moment. The bridge shows some of the catchy lyrics in a softer way which gives the song so much more than I would have expected before the song ended with the chorus once again which ended the song in a fabulous way. The roller coaster of emotion which the song takes the listeners on is nothing but amazing.

Where You Are starts with a upbeat guitar instrumental which opens the song up wonderfully. The first verse sees Tenille's more crisp vocal tone open the song which I have to admit sorted the lyrics so much. The lyrics are very open and honest especially ahead of the chorus. The chorus features some beautifully heartfelt lyrics which give you a real feel for what the song is about, and I just happen to love that. I love the instrumental throughout. The second verse sees Where You Are continue in the most beautiful way as you hear so much fun within Tenille's vocals which I liked a lot as it shows the listeners so much about who Tenille is as an artist especially with her vocal changes. The meaningful in Where You Are is so special, and unique. The instrumental break up in the middle of the song is just brilliant. The final verse of Where You Are sees Tenille's softer vocal range come through that allows the lyrics to shine through ahead of the final chorus of the song which then goes into an instrumental which ends the song.

Jersey On The Wall (I’m Just Asking) starts with a beautiful drumming instrumental which had me hooked from the very first moment. The first verse is one that makes me very emotional because you can really hear the truth in the story Tenille is singing and this is something that memorises me! Tenille's softer vocals allow all of the emotions to come across. The chorus is the part of the song that gets me thinking a lot as well as feeling very emotional as I also caught myself thinking far too much into the lyrics but I suppose that's what makes a song like this even more wonderful as well as the guitar instrumental which allows the songwriting to shine through. The second verse took me thinking about my high schools memories and where everyone is and how they are doing, and all the parents that have probably lost a child since and it's a heart-breaking thought so songs like this are so healing and worth while for me personally. Tenille's powerful vocals was shown magically in the bridge of the song before the final chorus of the song giving me goosebumps!

White Horse starts with a drumming instrumental as well as a guitar which had me gripped from the very start which made the song magical for me. The first verse is one of a rocker nature but one that worked for the style of song and lyrics within the song. Tenille's sharper vocal range was something that I absolutely loved and gave such a different dynamic to the EP. The lyrics are so catchy and relatable at times. The chorus had me singing along from the first note thanks to the catchiness of the lyrics. The storytelling from Tenille once again is beyond incredible. The second verse continues the story of the song wonderfully and continues to take you on a journey as Tenille is singing. The bridge of White Horse allowed Tenille to show off her softer vocal range whilst also still being able to rock out a little too. I adore the choice of the chorus ending the song because once again it ties the song up incredibly well!

Lighthouse starts with a dreamy, but dark sounding instrumental which allowed you to get a real for what you think the song is about. The first verse sees Tenille's crisp vocal start the song of in a wonderful way as the instrumental allows Tenille's vocals to come through fantastically. The lyrics are ones that get you thinking, and allow you to imagine the picture Tenille is creating. The chorus of Lighthouse is one hell of a funky, upbeat and happy lyrical chorus which I love especially thanks to the beautiful instrumental in the background. The lyrics within the chorus feel very personal, however, it works wonderfully. The second verse continues Lighthouse fantastically as Tenille's upbeat vocals continue giving the song a little more meaning which I happen to love a lot. Tenille's vocal range in Lighthouse's final verse is something that is very exciting as it rather beautiful, and nothing like the rest of the song as it goes into the final chorus which happens to end the song incredibly well.

White Horse starts with a funky guitar, and drum instrumental which opens the song incredibly well (as much as it does every time I've heard this song live!) The first verse sees Tenille's rocky, and edgy vocal range demonstrated whilst remaining very truth to who she is as an artist, this is something I like a lot about Tenille and her incredibly array of vocal ranges. The lyrics are so fun, and upbeat throughout which I love. The chorus of White Horse is something that is very special, and unique as well as being very catchy with lyrics that tie the song together beautifully. White Horse is one of those songs that allow us the listeners the chance to have our own interpretation of the song. The second verse continues White Horse fantastically as it takes you on the next journey within the song, and demonstrates Tenille's wonderfully song-writing. The final verse sees Tenille demonstrate her softer more meaningful vocal range giving the song another wonderful layer. Ending White Horse with a final chorus was the most beautiful thing as it tied the song together so fantastically, I was singing along.

I Kept The Roses starts with the first verse straight in a very different kind of style song for this album but it's one that broke the album up wonderfully. Tenille's crisp vocal tone allowed the songwriting and lyrics to shine through straight away, I absolutely adore the message within the lyrics. I Kept The Roses is a song that I caught myself a lot of times going off into my own little world. The chorus features some wonderfully catchy lyrics which I absolutely loved giving me so many raw and honest feelings. The second verse is the part of the song that got me thinking and caught myself listening very carefully to the lyrics before I heard a lyric that resonated with me. Tenille's dreaming vocal range was something that suited this style of song so incredibly well and you can hear how much the song means to Tenille. I adored the fact that I Kept The Roses ended with the chorus because it bought the song together in the most wonderful way thanks to Tenille's memorising vocals. There is something so magically unique about the song.

When I Meet My Maker starts with a slower down tempo guitar instrumental however, it gives you a real feel for what the song is about. The first verse sees Tenille's softer vocal range demonstrated once again as the lyrics are given there moment in the spotlight as you real get the opportunity to listen to Tenille's songwriting ability - OMG! I am in awe of this talented lady. The chorus of When I Meet My Maker sees the story within the lyrics develop in the most beautiful way as I caught myself drifting off into my own little world whilst listening to the magical instrumental. The second verse of When I Meet My Maker sees fantastically as the lyrics are just stunning, and stand out so much. The songwriting throughout When I Meet My Maker is something I can't describe as I love it that much.
The final chorus of When I Meet My Maker is so magical that when I heard it, I had to stop everything, and just listen very carefully.

Come As You Are starts has a very quirky upbeat instrumental to start the song which wasn't something I was expecting. The first verse sees Tenille's more uptempo vocal range shine through as she started the song off beautifully. The lyrics are ones that standout right from the start and continue to do so throughout. Tenille's songwriting is just incredible as it gets you thinking about your life. The chorus of Come As You Are sees a funkier, and happier side of Tenille's vocal range as well as songwriting come through - with such a party vibe. The second verse sees Come As You Are continue absolutely wonderfully, and you hear Tenille telling everyone within the song that it is OK to be who you are, and come are you are because YOU are important! The final verse sees Come As You Are blend all the parts of the song together ahead of the final chorus to end Come As You Are in the most naturally stunning way.
Come As You Are is one hell of an important song to hear at this moment in time, so thank you Tenille for writing such an incredible song. I can't praise Come As You Are enough.

The Way You Look Tonight starts with a funky upbeat drum instrumental which opens the song wonderfully. The first verse sees Tenille's softer vocal range shine through once again on this album. I love the childhood memories, I get from this song within the first time. You can tell that Tenille has written this song based on some part of her childhood. The chorus of The Way You Look Tonight sees Tenille's softer vocals continue as she allows the lyrics to shine through naturally, and it's like the lyrics just roll off your tongue, and I love this. Tenille and Keelan Donovan's vocals blend together on the chorus so beautifully. The second verse continues The Way You Look Tonight with Keelan's vocals on the lead of this verse which I loved as it allowed us listeners to hear a different side of the song. I adore the many layers that there are to this song. The final verse sees Tenille and Keelan vocals together shine as it goes into the final chorus of The Way You Look Tonight which is just stunning as it ends. Keelan is also one of the co-writers on this song.

Find You starts with a soft guitar instrumental which compliments Tenille's softer vocals. The first verse sees Tenille start the song off with her softer vocals which allow the lyrics to shine through right from the start. The lyrics are beautiful, and have a lot of deep meanings right from the start, and this is something I am loving a lot as it's very different and rare. The chorus of Find You sees Tenille's fun, bubbly, and upbeat vocal range come through and shine whilst allowing the lyrics there moment to wow us all. The second verse continues Find You  wonderfully as the song continues to grow in a wonderful way whilst remaining very true to Tenille's style - is there nothing Tenille can't do?! Tenille ending Find You with a final chorus in a little more uptempo which completes the song beautifully. The instrumental to end is wonderfully, and deserves so much praise.

Somebody’s Daughter starts with a quirky guitar instrumental which had me hooked right from the start. The first verse is one got me thinking instantly about the lyrics and how quickly someone can go off the rails in times of struggle with no where to turn - songs like this are so powerful making it worthwhile when you are writing. The chorus is very catchy and one that made me quickly want to sing along. The lyrics are standout and there is something so incredible about Tenille's songwriting ability that has moved me once again. Tenille's vocal range is definitely demonstrated fantastically well throughout all aspects of the song in my opinion. The second verse continues the story of the song fantastically as I caught myself wanting to cry because at times I caught myself thinking about a friend who's been in a similar position. The final verse is one that sums up the song in the most wonderfully incredible way and one that makes me smile thanks to the selective lyrics but emotional lyrics before Somebody's Daughter ends with the final chorus tying the song together perfectly giving Tenille one final chance to show off her incredibly vocal range.

The Most Beautiful Things starts with a piano instrumental which soft and perfect for the arrangement within the song which is demonstrated beautifully throughout. The first verse sees Tenille's softer vocal range demonstrated fantastically with beautiful lyrics to compliment Tenille's wonderful song-writing throughout the song which allows everyone to listen to every single lyric within the verse. The chorus places together everything within this song and Tenille's vocal range is demonstrated in the most beautiful way like the most beautiful things are in life. This song is so poignant to everything we went through earlier in the year. In the second verse, we see Tenille continue her simple but breathtaking lyrics continue giving the song so much meaning and love, which is something that moved me. The final verse sees Tenille's softer vocal grow a little with the lyrics being heart from the heart and going straight to my heart and the journey this song takes you on is so breathtaking!

You can follow Tenille on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY