EP REVIEW - KELSEY BOVEY - NOT SCARED ANYMORE

This Friday (26th June) will see British Country Music singer-songwriter, Kelsey Bovey release her EP, Not Scared Anymore.
Not Scared Anymore  is made up of 4 songs.

Out of Our Minds starts with a funky instrumental which I have to admit I wasn't expecting but I loved it. The first verse is very vulnerable about the first time meeting someone when you take in every single little detail about them, and before you take it to the next level. The chorus is a little more upbeat, and that moment when you see everything about them is wonderful and the moment that everything is going well - you are so happy. Love how the emotions Kelsey has in her vocal delivery of this song. The second verse of Out of Our Minds continues wonderfully with the story telling going to the next step in the relationship where you start to open up, and love where you are both going with the relationship. The more the song continues the more I catch myself believing in every single word Kelsey is singing especially within the final verse. Love songs based on personal experience. Out of Our Minds ending with the chorus was utterly stunning, and bought the song together perfectly.

Magnetic starts with an upbeat guitar instrumental giving you a real country feel right from the off with a little instrumental to get the song started in a wonderful style. The first verse sees Kelsey's soft along with a little vulnerable side too within her vocal range which allows the beautiful songwriting to shine through. You can really feel every single word Kelsey is singing throughout this verse especially into the chorus. The chorus sees Kelsey's vocal range develop a little further in a way that is nothing but beautiful as the chorus binds all of the verses together so beautifully that I couldn't help but get a little emotional over as at one time we can relate to this song one way or another in which Kelsey describes within her beautiful lyrics which are just wonderful. The second verse continues Magnetic wonderfully and I continued to build my own picture to the lyrics being sung and songs like this are so magical, that when this happens I can't help but feel moved. There is something very special about Kelsey's vocals within this song! The final verse of Magnetic is just wonderful as it binds everything together so beautifully. Kelsey's demonstrates her wonderful higher vocal range as she always shows off her soft side in the most amazing way as Magnetic sends with the chorus.

Not Scared Anymore starts with an slower instrumental which adds a lot of depth to the song before it has even started which for me was beautiful. The first verse sees Kelsey's softer vulnerable vocal start the song which you can hear Kelsey believe in every single word she is singing, and songs like this for me are just beautifully special. The chorus is utterly beautifully honest, and it's rare that you find a friend who you can completely trust, and who is there for you no matter what - and this song reminded me of me and my best friend of 21 years. The second verse of Not Scared Anymore continues the song wonderfully as you hear the journey of their friendship within the lyrics, and many of which I caught myself relating too thanks to mine and my best friends friendship - thank you, Kelsey for writing, and bringing this song out. The final verse is one verse that ties the song so wonderfully well alongside the chorus and I am beyond grateful for this song. The more I hear the lyrics of the song the more I am able to relate to them as so many my best friend has said to me in the past. I adore the fact that Not Scared Anymore is a reflection on friendship. Kelsey's vocal range without this song are perfect, and beautifully changed for the lyrics.

Hold Tight Sit Still starts with a beautifully soft instrumental alongside Kelsey's softer vocals. The first verse sees Kelsey's softer vocals come to the front which is wonderfully to hear, and for the listeners shows how diverse Kelsey is has an artist. The lyrics sound very heartfelt, and honest about a time where we have been mistreated in a situation at one time of our lives or another. The chorus features some wonderful lyrics that are written from a place of hurt, and annoyance it would seem as you have been mistreated, and its a song of all the times you have been hurt - telling them that you ain't gonna let them get you down which I just love. The second verse of Hold Tight Sit Still continues the song wonderfully, and sees the story develop naturally which I loved as I caught myself getting lost in the lyrics many times. The final verse brings the song to a very natural end as you can see the vulnerable lyrics of Kelsey coming to the front of the song once again, as thanks to the chorus the song ends in the most natural and wonderful way.


You can follow Kelsey on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY