INTERVIEW WITH EMILIA QUINN AS WE DISCUSS HER LATEST SINGLE AS IT'S INTENTIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

Today (8th March) Emilia Quinn is set to release her brand latest single, Girl Talk which is released to celebrate Intentional Women's Day.
Girl Talk features many different artists celebrating diversity which I recently spoke to Emilia about, and you can read our chat below.


Artwork: Emilia Quinn

Morning, Emilia. Thank you so much for agreeing to this interview with me about your latest single, Girl Talk. How are you today?
I'm well thank you!
That's always good to hear.

You are releasing Girl Talk on Women's Intentional Day, how did this decision come about?
To be honest, the drive to create and release a song to celebrate and empowerment womxn was the first thought before I actually wrote the song. I'd had a conversation with a friend and I has said to her, 'I'm going to write a song called Girl Talk and release it on International Women’s Day' and that kind of spurred the rest of the project on! It's still a very significant day and I wanted to do something big to celebrate it.
I love how you have chosen to release this time on such a day which showcases female empowerment which is exactly what this song does starring all of the artist if does. I also like how determined you were to make the songs release mean something special.

Emilia, can I please ask you tell us a little more about your latest single, Girl Talk?
So, Girl Talk is a fun, sassy and upbeat tune which mocks stereotypes often placed on femxles as well as discussing some of the issues and experiences myself and my friends have had in and out of the music industry. It's an empowerment anthem aimed at anybody who has been treated disrespectfully by someone else.
You have hit the nail on the head by saying that it's an empowerment anthem which it 100% is.

How did the decision come about around who was going to feature on the single?
This was a wild ride! It began as just a trio. However, it kind of grew a bit. Initially, I thought a gang chorus of a few femxle artists would be so fun, and then I thought about the band itself and wanted to create an all femxle band to further celebrate womxn and make a point that 'girls can play' as it were. 
The problem was I had my band, and then I had to choose singers, and there were so so many to choose from. So essentially, I ended up asking a whole load of people, expecting some may not be able to or would necessarily want to, some may not see the message in time etc. But, actually the majority of singers I asked came through! So, we ended up showcasing 20 odd femxale singer from various backgrounds!
The fact that so many artists wanted to get involved says a lot about you, and your songwriting ability. I also like how the artists you messaged where more than willing which says a lot about them, too!

I have to compliment you with the amount of diversity you have within the collective of 22 of you. The uniqueness of the single is something that needs to be celebrated alone.
Thank you! 

Could I please ask you about how the was recording for Girl Talk with someone being in lockdown still?
It was a challenge to overcome but where there is will there's a way. All recording was done remotely, which means all parts in the songs have been recorded up and down the country and even overseas. 
All the parts were sent to me, I edited them and then sent them off to a producer who also worked remotely, keeping me updated all the while and hey presto socially distanced single haha.
Hearing about all the remote recording, you talented artists have done is amazing allowing all of us listeners, the opportunity to still get the music we love. I have to give you, and your talented producer a massive applause.

You are also sending all the download, and stream money to Charity, Girl Rock London this is such an amazing charity who support all women within the industry both musicians and people working behind the scenes they will be so grateful to you doing this!
I think it's so important to give back and support our peers, whoever they are. It can be a very tough world out there and any help is great so it's my pleasure to support such a great organisation.

Emilia, how would you sum up Girl Talk in just 3 words for anyone wanting to listen to the single?
Sassy, funny, bop.
I completely agree.

Now, can I ask you about your 2021 music plans?
Is this not enough?? I joke, I do have a couple of things on the horizon but for now my focus is on Girl Talk and making it a huge celebration of womxn everywhere.
I love this! Thank you so much for your time, Emilia.

You can follow Emilia on her socials

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY