SINGLE REVIEW - LAURA OAKES - WELCOME TO THE FAMILY

Today (Friday 22nd November) will see Liverpool based singer-songwriter, Laura Oakes release her brand new single, Welcome To The Family.

Welcome To The Family starts with a funky and upbeat guitar instrumental which sets the song up perfectly.
The first verse of Welcome To The Family shows off Laura's amazing crisp vocal sound which I absolutely love and with parts of the lyrics being ones a lot of people will be able to relate too. The songwriting from Laura is just wonderful, having been given it's moment to shine.
The chorus is my favourite part of the song and the most catchiest making me want to get up and dance - this is something about Laura's song-writing that I love the most if I am honest! I remember hearing this song live back in May and the audience being so in love with the song and captivated by the whole message in the song, I can't help but feel that emotion once again.
The second verse of Welcome To The Family continues the storytelling within the song wonderfully especially when it comes to the honesty within the lyrics of family members not always talking and other family members doing their own things in their lives, it gets you thinking that's for sure!
The final verse of Welcome To The Family slows the song down wonderfully especially when it comes to the chorus because you hear the lyrics even more clearly and I caught myself getting a little emotional over.

You can join Laura on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY