EP REVIEW - KATY HURT - UNFINISHED BUSINESS

This Friday (22nd March) will see singer-songwriter, Katy Hurt release her brand new EP, Unfinished Business and Katy very kindly asked us to review the EP for her and below I share my thoughts with you all.

Drink has a very country feel right from off which I 100% loved. The first verse has a very Dolly Patron kind of feel for me which I adore. The lyrics of Drink are very fun and upbeat but especially the chorus which is a little upbeat compared to the rest of the song which I absoultely love. The second verse adds to the story telling amazingly with the help of the beautiful song-writing. Drink is the perfect song to start this album off with. Drink allows Katy to show off her stunning vocal range.

Natchez is a song that starts off with a guitar instrumental to which Katy's vocals quickly joins in with. Katy showcases her softer vocal range which is wonderfully to hear allowing her stunning song-writing to shine through. The chorus is my favourite part of Natchez because of it's catchiness which I can only feel myself to relate too for a different reason (and songs that allow me to do this are magical). The second verse continues the beautiful story-telling well and showcases to us what an artist like Katy can go through. Thank you for your honesty within your writing Katy. The instrumental solo in the middle broke the song up perfectly. I am very excited to hear this song live.

Revved Up is a song that has a very electric feel thanks to the electric guitar from the start. The first verse sets the song of wonderfully and you get what Revved up is about from the off too. The chorus is a little upbeat which I love and with Katy's vocal range throughout are incredible with the huskier feel (my god it suits her! I mean this as a compliment too) and the lyrics are wonderful. Katy's lyrical ability is amazing and gets better and better with every song. The instrumental solo before the final chorus gives the song so much dynamic and one that is perfect for all those autumn road trip coming up. I love how Katy doesn't just stuck with one vocal tone throughout and isn't afraid to try something different with very sing if it works.
I am very excited to hear this song live one day!

See Ya Later has a very funky and upbeat beat right from the off. The verses is See Ya Later features some incredibly catchy lyrics which work incredibly perfect with the instrumental of the drums and makes it sound so funky all at the same time - I absolutely adore this! Katy's vocals shine perfectly throughout and I like the softer sounding tone on the bridge makes off such a magical feel. I love that the chorus is super catchy and written from the girl's point of view about meeting a boy who's persistent which leads you to taking a step back by saying See Ya Later. See Ya Later gives a summer anthem partying vibe for sure. See Ya Later will be one song that will be played at all the festivals that will get you straight up and dancing! There is something about Katy's song-writing that is just memorizing and you can't help but fall in love with every song, Katy does.

Unfinished Business is the perfect song to end Katy's new EP with because this song sums her up perfectly as an artist and I adore Katy for choosing a song like this. Unfinished Business starts with a guitar instrumental which is quickly joined by Katy and her softer, slower vocals that I felt myself closing listening to and being moved by. The chorus rather beautiful and features such an honesty that moved me to tears. Unfinished Business is one song that you can connect with in one way or another. The second verse is about the next part of a relationship that has gone wrong and you are struggling to cope with everything that has happened. Unfinished Business allows Katy to show everyone who she is as an artist and where she wants to go within her music career for me!

You can follow Katy on her Social Media
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY