C2C SET REVIEW - LAINEY WILSON - RADIO 2 STAGE - SUNDAY 10TH MARCH

Lainey Wilson was the second artist of Sunday Morning that I managed to catch and what a set it was. Having seen Lainey before Lainey smashed her set once again which was made up of 8 songs which were all fantastic and full of energy.

Photo taken by me

Lainey chose to open her set at just gone 11am with one of her quirkier and upbeat songs called Working Overtime which the audience loved and many people were loving and saying how amazing along with how much energy she had which I loved. Lainey then chose to sing Waste of Good Whiskey which allowed Lainey to have fun on stage with and one I felt myself singing along with from start to finish. Lainey's next song was a new one called Pour Pour which showed of Lainey's sassy side and one the audience loved. Lainey next sang my favourite song Middle Finger which in fact is a tribute to her best friend and everytime I hear this song live the more and more I love it. Lainey's next song was I'm The One With The Microphone (or at least that's what I thought it was called aha) however this song was a much slower one but it was the perfect time in the set to play it and it allowed Lainey to show off her wonderful vocal ability and song-writing skills. Lainey then chose to perform another new song called Rolling Stone which was just incredible and one that the audience loved. WWDD (What Would Dolly Do?) which is just amazing song and one that many people loved especially as it was her tribute to the Queen of Country Music, Dolly Patron herself and I love that someone wrote a song about her. The song definitely showcased Lainey's vocals wonderfully and it was fabulous to see her having so much fun on stage as well. However, after this song I definitely thought Lainey is a star in the making and main stage material for C2C. And Lainey's final song of her Indigo set was one of my new favourites I have to admit, High On Something which was the perfect way to end her set because everyone was so pumped for the day and Lainey give herself the perfect opportunity to show everyone in the audience her potential. Lainey is an artist I have big expectations for after her sets during C2C.

'Lainey is definitely a star in the making and main stage material.'

You can follow Lainey on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES