NASHVILLE MEETS LONDON - SATURDAY 28TH JULY - SET REVIEW - FRANKIE DAVIES

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of attending Nashville Meets London in Canary Wharf and Frankie Davies perform for the second time in a year (she supported Maddie and Tae on their tour last August).
Frankie is a singer/ song-writer from Jersey in the Channel Islands. There is something about Frankie's music that for me is so magical, it was such a pleasure to witness her performing again!
Frankie's set contained 14 songs in a 60 minute set.

Frankie opened her set with Together which was an amazing song to start with and showed of Frankie's vocal ability really well and her band completed her style so well. And I love the fact that not many were aware of Frankie but after the first song so many people were like 'wow, she's good.' which was me being a fan of over 4 years, I was exteremly proud of her.
Travellin’ Love was a brand new song to be and one that featured some rather special moments and artists like Frankie are rather special and unique. Frankie is truly humbled by all the opportunities she is being given and this was shown throughout Frankie's time on the stage at Nashville Meets London.
Superman is one of my favourite songs of Frankie's and Frankie didn't disappoint me with her performance of this song because it reminds me of my dad. Everytime you hear any of the verses but especially the chorus you can't help but think of the dad figure you have in your life. Frankie's vocals were exceptional throughout. What an incredible young perform, Frankie is for Country Music.
High On Love was an up tempo song which was wonderful to hear and I love the message throughout the song and I felt myself singing along in the chorus because of the super catchy lyrics. Frankie's softer vocal range throughout the verse was just beautiful and everyone was loving it! This song is one that her mum calls the stalker song!
Front Row Seat was the most inspiring song for me. The heartfelt and meaningful lyrics straight from the off got me thinking and I even cried a little in the chorus - songs that you can connect too are just incredibly rare and there was something rather special and unique with Frankie's style of writing during this song, you could feel Frankie's emotional vocals and it was amazing to see an artist like this live.
Open Road is a song that Frankie got to demonstrate her wonderful guitar skills and show of her softer side of vocals and got the song to a magical level. The chorus was so beautiful with such a meaning behind it which you could feel.
Asking For A Friend is a song with double meaning that you know what it is such an amazing song about Social Media, I am so glad someone has decided to write a song like this. The lyrics are so relatable - A song that everyone needs to listen too!
The Sweetest Sound was a song that could be captivated right from the off with the simply but stunning guitar instrumental to accompany Frankie's softer but special vocals. It was rather wonderful to see Frankie enjoying being on the stage and seeing the audiences reactions.
Dancing All Night is my favourite song from the Jersey girl, and no-one knew how excited I was to hearing this song than her mum who was next to me and she looked so happy to see someone loving her daughter's music. This song means so much to me and everytime I get to hear Frankie perform it, it keeps getting better and better.
Wherever I Go was one song I had never heard before Nashville Meets London but my god was it worth not hearing because the lyrics are rather stunning, with the accompany of the guitar it was taken to a special level. I adored the fact the audience was captivated throughout this song.
All My Love is one song I remember listening to when I saw her supporting Maddie and Tae in August last year but I never remembered it to be as incredible as it was at Nashville Meets London. You could tell how much All My Love means to Frankie by the way she was performing it and the guitar instrumental was just amazing and complimented the song so well. The chorus, I gonna help but sing along too and how catchy was it?!
You Don’t Know Me  is one song  I absolutely loved because it could you thinking. It was a song that the audience could sing along to if they wanted too because of the catchy and funky lyrics. Frankie's vocals were magical and you could feel how much that song means to Frankie. I do love Frankie’s country rock angle on this song.
The Chain which is a cover of a Fleetwood Mac classic and one that Frankie did amazingly.  Frankie chose one wonderful song to show off to the audience was an insane singer she is.
Frankie ended her set with an original that I had never heard called Not Your Game and what a wonderful song it was for Frankie to end her set with. Frankie kept the audience happy from start to finish and her energy didn't stop, what a true perform you are, Frankie!

You can follow Frankie on her Social Media
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
Website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY