EPISODE REVIEW - WHAT A ROMANTIC ROBRON EPISODE - EVERYTHING WE WANTED!!

People were asking what Robron scenes Caroline has written and before I start this blog I thought I would tell you and there have been a few emotional ones too! Boxing Day 2014, Aaron's abuse trial verdict aka the Robron hug outside The Woolpack and Robert telling Chas that he wanted to marry Aaron the next day and few more.

Realising this is the lay-by where their story behind my heart is super happy and one I know all of us are super excited about. ALL MY ROBRON FEELS ARE OUT!!
I adore that Liv and Chas conspire a plan to help Aaron propose to the love of his life, Robert.
Yesterday afternoon there was a screenshot going around of Chas, Aaron and Liv in the village and Liv's top for me with the rainbow on was so appropriate for this episode with the Robron proposal, along with Aaron being in black (my heart is happy!)
However this morning when I read an article with the word heart-warming in it, I was very even more excited than I already was and I thought that it was impossible but clearly not aha.

Monday's episode was written by Caroline Mitchell and directed by Neil Alderton.
As the theme tune started my butterflies started to kick in.

The first scene of the episode we saw Liv and Aaron were walking from The Mill where they were joined by Chas. And I love that Chas was the one who suggested them going out for a meal, this will be interesting because we all knew from the spoiler previews that that was never going to be the case aha. You have to love Chas and her plans that never happen!
Liv: 'Why didn't you just ask him while you were watching the film? '
Aaron: "Will you marry me?" in the middle of Terminator 2? He was sulking about not going out.'
Chas: 'Today's a new day. How are you going to propose?'
Aaron: 'Don't you start.'
Liv: 'You're useless.'
Aaron: 'It wasn't the right time. I don't know. Maybe it's never going to be the right time for me and Robert.'
Chas: 'Meet me for lunch.'
Aaron: 'Why?'
Chas: 'Because you're my son and I love you and you look like you need cheering up. I've got shopping to do first but I can meet you after.'
Aaron: 'Well, I can't. My car's in for an MOT.'
Chas: 'Get the bus, then. There's this gorgeous Italian open up on the high street. Get dressed up and indulge your old mum for once.'
Aaron: 'Yeah, all right. See ya.'
Chas: 'Alonso's at one.'
Liv: 'What are you up to?'
Chas: 'Mm! Help me out and I might just tell ya.'

Moments later, Robert is in the café with Seb.
Back again in the café where, Victoria walks in and sees Robert struggling looking after Seb then Liv walks in. I love that Liv is determined to get his brother and Robert engaged with Chas' help.

In the next scene of the episode, Aaron and Robert were seen at the scrapyard where Robert was picking him up to go and meet his mum. Love how Robert just casually pulls up to the scrapyard after Liv's hint of Aaron meeting Chas for lunch. But Aaron in his black suit, my god how fit does he look?
(Robert drives up and Aaron walks out of the office) Robert: 'Well, get in.'
Aaron: 'Why?'
Robert: 'Cos I'm giving you a lift into town, your meeting your mum aren't ya?'
Aaron: 'Who told you.'
Robert: 'Liv.'
Aaron: 'Yeah, well. I've no idea what it's about but she insisted you know what she's like if she don't get her own way. (Aaron phone rings)
Robert: 'Like Mother, Like Son.'
Aaron: 'Hang on. (Answering his phone) Hello.'
Chas: 'Aaron, I'm running a bit late.'
Aaron: 'Oh, how late. I don't wanna be sat in a restaurant on me own.'
Chas: 'Well, can't Robert sit with you for half an hour till I get there?' (Aaron looks at Robert)
Aaron: (Robert nods) 'Yeah, alright go on then. I'll see you there.' (puts the phone down, walks around to Robert's car)
Chas: 'No, you won't cos I'm not even going.' (Both Liv and Chas laugh)
Liv: 'So they both just get there and... then what?'
Chas: 'Well, they get shown to the cosiest, most romantic table in the house, then get given some champagne. And if they doesn't get things moving then I officially give up.' (Liv and Chas laugh again)

The third time of the episode, when we saw Aaron and Robert was when they were at their lay-by! (YES, I did just call it theirs aha) And my emotions came flooding back and I was so happy for them, so much so I started to sob! They have come so far in the 4 years! I love that there was a mention of Super Soap Week. PS I do love domestic Robron.
Robert: (In Robert's car) 'So, you can go out for lunch with your mum but you couldn't go out to a bar with me last night.'
Aaron: 'I didn't wanna go to some posey bar. I wanted to go out and have some fun.'
Robert: 'Like hooking ducks do you? Stuffing your face with some candy floss.'
Aaron: 'Like your fazed at all. (Engine splutters) Are you joking me? You're out of petrol.'
Robert: 'I forgot to fill up. What it's an easy mistake to make.' (Robert pulls over in the lay-by)
Aaron: 'You think I am waiting here for a tow truck.'
(Robert and Aaron are at their lay-by, Aaron walks around Robert's car and then both walk onto the road leading to Robert looking around) Robert: 'Hang on. Don't you think this is weird.'
Aaron: 'What you messing up again? No, not really!'
Robert: 'No, you do realise where we are.'
Aaron: 'Mm, just some random lay-by.'
Robert: 'It's not some random lay-by though, is it? (Robert looks at a confused Aaron and both laugh) Wait there.'
Aaron: 'What else am I gonna do.' (Robert walks over to the boot of his car)
Robert: 'I've got something in the boot.'
Aaron: 'It's not Lachlan, is it?' (Both laugh, Aaron walks over and sees what looks like a picnic)

The next time we saw Aaron and Robert were sat in their lay-by on the top of Robert's car talking about their first time at this lay-by. I was a sobbing mess and my emotions from this seen were all over the place but I adored this scene. I can't thank Caroline enough for this scene of her episode!
Aaron: 'Warm beer.'
Robert: 'They were cool yesterday. They were sat in a bag of ice.'
Aaron: 'Why?'
Robert: 'Still can't get past us breaking down here. (looks into the trees) Of all places.'
Aaron: 'Yeah, right. I reckon you set it up. You rigged it last time, d'you remember?'
Robert: 'Yeah, course. First time we... kissed.'
Aaron: 'Whoa. We? No. You made some mad lunge at me and I didn't know what had hit me.'
Robert: 'I don't remember you pushing me off.'
Aaron: 'That's because you ran away.'
Robert: 'Yeah, Cos I was so freaked out.' (Both chuckle)
Aaron: 'Thanks!'
Robert: 'You were all I wanted. Your all I could think about. Was just petrified about what it meant.'
Aaron: (Aaron placed he's hand of Robert's thigh) 'I know. '
Robert: 'You're changed my life, Aaron. You made it OK to be me. Who I really am and not just some angry chancer who's also on the make. (looks at Aaron) You know for the first time in years, I quite like who I am.'
Aaron: 'You love who you are!'
Robert: 'I reckon,  I'm a good enough dad to Seb and mm, Liv finally kinda likes me (Aaron chuckles) Then there's you. No-one's ever come close and they never will. And I know my last car proposal didn't exactly go to plan...'
Aaron: 'Yeah, well. (thinks) Wait. What? What proposal?'
Robert: 'I didn't exactly bank on us plunging into a quarry for a start.'
Aaron: 'Whoa. Stop that. Stop that. You did it last time, this is my turn.'
Robert: 'What. No. What. This was my plan along '
Aaron: 'Yeah, I wanted to bring you here yesterday and you ruined it.'
Robert: 'Seriously? Then why did you dress it up as a fun fair.'
Aaron: 'Why did you dress it up as a poncey bar.' (Both chuckle)
Robert: 'So.' (looks at each other)
(Both Aaron and Robert together) 'Will you marry me?'
Aaron: 'Jinx.' (Both chuckle)
Robert: 'I mean do you think we are?'
Aaron: 'Yeah. Always. But I am still saying yeah.'
Robert: 'Oh, yeah. Me too. '
Aaron: 'I can't believe you steal my idea.'
Robert: 'Shut up and kiss me you idiot.' (Robert and Aaron kiss)

Everyone who knows me and how much I love Robron knows that them laughing is everything but I just wish they did more of it! Love that they are reminiscing about the start of their relationship! I absolutely adore how beyond cute it is to see Aaron laugh with Robert.

The final scene of the episode with Liv and Chas where Aaron and Robert enter The Woolpack where they announce their engagement to Chas, Liv and Victoria who are beyond thrilled for them. Then my favourite moment of the episode was the only thing I have wanted for so long with Robert then asking Aaron to adopt Seb when they were married to which Aaron agreed too. And my heart could have exploded because I am that happy about that question being asked!!
Chas: (on the phone) 'They were no shows. (Liv sat at the bar) I am so sorry for messing you around. Oh ok, bye.'
Liv: 'Didn't even make it to the restaurant?'
Chas: 'That is the last time, I am interfering. (Robert and Aaron enter smiling) Oh, hello. You could have at least let me know you were gonna stand me up.'
Aaron: 'Check your voicemail, I left a message.'
Chas: 'Well. (looks at her phone) Well, well. Why didn't you go?'
Aaron:'(looks at Robert) 'Cos someone ran out of petrol so we had to get Cain out. Anyway why are you here if you never got my message? It's more like YOU stood me up!'
Chas: 'I was never meant to be there in the first place, was I?'
Liv: 'It was a set-up.
Chas: 'Just tell him you want to marry him and have it done with, please?'
Aaron: 'I already did.'
Robert: 'So did I?'
Chas: 'Wow.'
Liv: 'And?' (Robert pulls Aaron in and they both smile.
Chas: (screams 'Yay. Oh congratulations!'
Victoria: 'What's going on?'
Liv: 'They got engaged.'
Victoria: 'Oh, finally. That's two awesome things that have happened today - You getting engaged and Lachlan took Seb.'
Robert: 'Really?'
Victoria: 'Yeah. Just for a couple of hours but congratulations.'
Chas: 'I'll go and get the champagne.'
Robert: (looks to Aaron) 'What do you think about maybe adopting Seb after we're married if Rebecca doesn't come back?'
Aaron: 'I'd love to, yeah.' (Liv smiles to Robert and Aaron)
Robert: 'This family is all that matters to me now.' (Robert and Aaron passionately kiss)

THIS EPISODE I EVERYTHING I WANTED!!!
The parallels which just incredible.

ALL SCRIPTING USED BELONGS TO EMMERDALE - ITV
This episode of Emmerdale aired on Monday 30th July on ITV.

Comments

  1. Loved the parallels in the episode, it was fantastic that we finally heard Robert share how he felt, can't wait for tomorrows episode

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY