C2C 2024 ARTIST INTERVIEW WITH COLBIE CAILLAT

It's that time of year with C2C only a matter of weeks away, I am back with an interview from one of  this year's artists, the incredible Colbie Caillat who I have to say is someone I have wanted to interview in years having been a fan of her growing up.

Hello, Colbie. Thank you so much for finding the time for this interview. I have to start by saying the biggest of congratulations to you on being selected for C2C London 2024! How are you feeling about coming over to London for the C2C festival for the very first time?
Thank you so much! I haven't been over there for so long and I am very excited to go back and to sing for a new audience and hopefully some of my OG fans as well!

What can fans expect from your set?
I'll be playing some old songs, some new songs off my new album Along The Way and maybe a couple of covers. It's a stripped down organic band. It's my favourite way to perform.

Photo Credit: David "Doc" Abbott

What's the one thing you are the most excited about for during C2C?
Meeting fans, listening to other artists and performing!

How are you feeling about seeing your UK fans?
I really can't wait! I am so excited to see everyone and play over there and for them to hear these stripped down version of my songs.

2023 was a busy year for you as you released your latest album, Along The Way can you tell us a little about the songs chosen for this album?
I wrote these songs after a lot of life changes the past few years, a lot of growth, leaving things behind, allowing new in. It's a combination of a break up album in a very hopeful, loving way, as well as being open and excited for what's to come. Every song is written from the experience I had, and what I learned from them.

Can we expect any of those songs to be performed? Which is your favourite to perform?
Yes, I'll be playing some new ones! I love singing Worth It and Wide Open. They are really fun songs to sing!

You worked with Sheryl Crow last year, how was that experience?
Sheryl is incredible, so sweet, so nurturing and wise and talented. I love her so much and I'm so honoured I got to work with her.

Some people may know some of your older music especially bubbly which I have to say was a song for teenage me, do you think you could sneak that one in your set during your performances?
Aw I love that. Bubbly will absolutely be in the set!

Are you excited to meet some of us?
Of course!

C2C is a great place to discover new artists, and I personally hope you have the best time and I can't wait to see you in March.
Thank you so much. Looking forward to meeting you!

You can follow Colbie on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY