INTERVIEW WITH TWINNIE ABOUT HER NASHVILLE MOVE AND LATEST EP

Since the last time, I spoke with Twinnie when she had just performed at Country Music Week at Bush Hall as part of the Song Suffragettes line up, and this time we spoke about her Nashville move, new singles and plans for the rest of 2023.

Hello Twinnie, the last time we spoke you had just performed as part of the Song Suffragettes tour, how did you find that tour?
That was an amazing experience. I'm all for women supporting women and I loved being on the road with such incredible talent. It was so much fun playing to sold out crowds across the UK. I also made friends for life.

I have to ask you as someone who has followed your journey for many years as an actress, I was wondering if you have any projects coming up whether it's in front of the camera or behind?
I don't have any plans right now to get back in front of the camera in an acting role as such but I am working on a film project which I'm really excited about. Obviously I love acting and I use my experience for my music videos. I create the Welcome to the Club short film last year and have another short film coming out soon...

Photo Taken By Me at C2C 2019

Since then you have moved to Nashville, how are you finding living there majority of your time? Know you already spilt your time between here in the UK and US anywhere, but it must be strange not seeing your family often.
Yeah, I've been coming back and forth for a few years now and my soul feels happy here. I obviously miss my family and friends back home but we call and face time as much as possible and I'll be back home for Christmas. This just felt like the right time to make the move.

You funded I Know A Woman which is a female collective which is something that is needed in my opinion for performers and songwriters, what made you decide to create 'I Know A Woman'?
I love working on I Know A Woman, we've had some incredible success so far with a lot of labels now offering mental health support as standard and I'm really proud to have been a part of that. I just really wanted to create a home for creatives where they're heard and supported and not made to feel like their in competition with each other.

What are you hopes for I Know A Woman?
I just hope we continue to grow and help as many people as possible. For me it's all about the community so as long we have that as a foundation then the rest will follow.

Now, I have to ask you about your music releases as you have been so busy but last week you released your latest EP, Just Like Earle, can you please explain a little about each of the 4 tracks?
The EP is actually Blue Hour (After Dark) and these songs are off that. It's a waterfall release which is why it shows Just Like Earle as the EP right now but the official project will be released October 20. It's about a chapter in my life that came to an end last year after 10 years. I'm excited about the story it tells. It's been a cathartic experience and I hope people can find healing in these songs too.
I am so sorry, I have had Just Like Earle on repeat.

What was the inspiration behind the man of the EP as for me the songs are filled with a lot of heartache.
It's inspired by the breakdown of a relationship I was in for 10 years. That was a big part of my life and it took me a while to find myself again after that. Writing and recording these songs has helped me make sense of what happened and find some closure so that I can close the door on that part of my life.

Before I let you go, I want to ask you what are your plans for the last 3 months of the year?
I'm writing and recording a lot. I have the full EP releasing in October and a focus single too. I have a few live shows lined up and I'm working on some exciting things behind the scenes too. The Just Like Earle music video will also be released in the next few weeks which I'm really excited about.
Thank you for this interview, Twinnie.

You can follow Twinnie on her Social Media

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SINGLE REVIEW - ELERI - KARAOKE

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAN SHOWED HIS VULNERABILITY