SINGLE REVIEW - MAIREAD FURLONG - COCOON

This Friday (19th April) will see British singer-songwriter, Mairead Furlong release her brand new single, Cocoon.
Cocoon is a song which Mairead wrote for her baby girl.

Cocoon starts off with a wonderful guitar instrumental which I happened to love right from the start. The first verse is so incredibly heartfelt and it's obvious that this song is written from the heart and just as a new mother prepares to meet her baby for the very first time - I'll be the first to admit that it pulled on my heart strings from the start. I like the fact that Mairead didn't leave her partner's looks out of the song.
The chorus of Cocoon is simply beautiful and extremely unique with lyrics about her daughter whilst she is in her womb growing and for that reason many people will be able to instantly connect especially women and new families.
The second verse continues the story telling beautifully with the 'I can't wait too..' which for me was extremely moving. There is something so unique about these lyrics.
The next time I heard the chorus I felt myself singing along which was led perfectly to the final verse that is the perfect end to Cocoon because it is obvious how much being a mother means too, Mairead. Mairead showcases her incredibly heartfelt lyrics within such an incredible song which is made even better by Mairead softer vocals.

It is obvious how much of a personal song Cocoon is and I am so glad Mairead chose to release this as a single.

You can follow Mairead on her Social Media
Website
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook
Soundcloud

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COMING UP ON EMMERDALE: AMELIA CHRISTENS ESTHER AS CHARITY AND AMY BRING THE DRAMA

DINGLE DRAMA COMING UP IN THE DALES OF EMMERDALE

EMMERDALE REVIEW - DAISY CAMPBELL SHONE THROUGH SOME EMOTIONAL SCENES